Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce Los Angeles June 16th Card

Re: Strikeforce Los Angeles June Card

I think it's hilarious how people act like Werdum isn't worthy of fighting Fedor.

If he(the actual #1 contender) had fought Randy instead of Le$nar, he would've beaten him, and then Mir also to unify the title, and people would be talking about Fedor ducking Werdum.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    He was getting his ass kicked by AA and Rogers. He lost to Arona.
    He absolutely was not 'getting his ass kicked' by AA and Rogers. I can count on two hands how many punches they landed on Fedor, combined.

He didn't lose to Arona either. If you want to go back and apply the unified rules to the fight with some awesome revisionist history, then sure, have a blast saying he lost. He didn't though.

That fight was also a decade ago.

I never saw the Arona fight, so I cant say either way on that.

I wouldnt say he was getting his ass kicked by AA, I think "out pointed" maybe a better term.

Against Rogers, he was getting his shit lit up in that first round.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    I never saw the Arona fight, so I cant say either way on that.

I wouldnt say he was getting his ass kicked by AA, I think "out pointed" maybe a better term.

Against Rogers, he was getting his shit lit up in that first round.
    Fedor was an inch off of 90% of Arlovski's punches that looked like they landed. there are HD gifs showing every exchange in slow mo floating around that show Arlovski was hitting lots of air.

Rogers landed a jab and 2 punches on the ground in the whole round. Fedor's left hook was the biggest punch of the first round.

[quote=LudoCain][quote=SPX]
    How can you say he is not elite? Werdum is top 10 and has been dor several years. He lost to AA, but it was competive and he stood with AA for 3 full rounds and never really took a hard shot. In fact, I think Werdum gave more than he got in that fight, even though he was outpointed.
    No actual fighting took place during that encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by "MMA_scientist":bejgmtvj
    I think Werdum can stand with Fedor and survive.
    And I think I can stand with BJ and survive.

That is, Werdum's sub-par striking doesn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by "MMA_scientist":bejgmtvj
    I don't really think Werdum will beat him, but I do think Fedor's skillset is massively overrated.
    The problem with this line of thinking is that if he's overrated--and luck has played such a vital role in his success--how the hell has it happened 32 times?

Yes, Fedor has been put in some bad positions and I can agree that he was losing against AA. I still want to see what would've happened if Arlovski hadn't charged in with that knee. But the odds are that if Fedor hadn't caught him right at that moment then he would've done it somewhere within the next 4 1/2 rounds. Because that's just what he does.[/quote:bejgmtvj]

Arlovski/Fedor was a 3 round fight.[/quote:bejgmtvj]
    It was a 5rd fight. For the WAMMA belt

I only give 2 people a shot at beating Fedor and Werdum isnt even close to being one of them
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Thewiseman

no it wasnt ,it was a 3 minute fight I've seen it many times
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewiseman

Still one of the best Birthday presents I ever got.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

^^ Just saying, he is not invincible. He has been in some wars and had to make a lot of comebacks. He has also walked through some top guys too.

As far as Arona, I don't think Fedor won that fight under any objective criteria. I just re-watched it, here is my pbp:

Arona hits TD right to side control. Fedor is trying to guillotine from under side control. Arona has mount for 2 seconds, Fedor still clinging to the guillotine and reguards. Fedor tries to get up Arona has back with hooks in. Arona trying to RNC. fedor rolls over, Arona has mount. 4 miutes later, Arona still has mount. At 5 minute mark Arona goes for Americana and Fedor bridges him off. Fedor in Arona's guard, nothing happening, Fedor stands up. Arona shoots striaght into side control again, Fedor trying the guillotine from under side control again. Round ends with Arona in side control.

Rd 2 Fedor stuffs a couple of shots but nothing lands on the feet. Arona shoots in and hits a takedown. Arona passes guard, mounts. Fedor sits up and tries an ankle lock, Arona defends and mounts again. Arona working for no gi cross choke, and no gi ezekiel from mount. For some reason the ref stands them up, from mount. They trade shots, leg kicks, nothing hard. Arona with another takedown. Fedor still trying to guillotine but at least has half now. Arona passes.

The fight should be over at this point... Arona has totally dominated the fight. He is up with his arms raised and jumping for joy at his vicotry. But in some alternate universe where being mounted for 8 of 10 minutes wins a round, they go to a 3rd round. The clinch, shot stuffed, knees to teh legs by Arona. Arona with a takedown. Arona mounts, fedor explodes to his feet. Arona pulls guard, Fedor punches teh thighs and stomach. They separate, Fedor pulls guard and tries to guillotine again. Arona wins all 3 rounds, easily.
    Decision announced, Arona is pissed, Fedor looks ashamed. It is a clear cheat job.

Under no objective criteria, unified rules or not, did Fedor win that fight or even 1 round of that fight. He basically got Dan Hardy'd. If the criteria is being mounted and generally getting schooled, then yes, Fedor won. But he was mounted for about 12 minutes of the 15 minute fight. He had zero offense. There is no criteria under which he won.

For those that have not seen:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2709081896340#

I am not saying all of this to bag on Fedor. Fedor is the man. And it is totally irrelevant to today's Fedor, as it was 10 years ago. But I really wish that the judge's would not have screwed Arona here, because we would not all be subjected the UNDEFEATED-How can you knock a guy that has NEVER lost-talk...
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I am just saying, the closest thing to Arona that Fedor has ever fought is Werdum. Probably Werdum is going to get KO'd, but people saying he has no shot... its crazy talk.

I just rewatched the Rodgers and AA fights and Fedor was never in trouble in either one.

AA was winning round one but really only land 2-3 punches the rest were kicks

Actually Fedor landed the bigger shots in round 1 against Rodgers.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Well kicks count. . .
    I heart cock

^^ Just saying, he is not invincible. He has been in some wars and had to make a lot of comebacks. He has also walked through some top guys too.

As far as Arona, I don't think Fedor won that fight under any objective criteria. I just re-watched it, here is my pbp:

Arona hits TD right to side control. Fedor is trying to guillotine from under side control. Arona has mount for 2 seconds, Fedor still clinging to the guillotine and reguards. Fedor tries to get up Arona has back with hooks in. Arona trying to RNC. fedor rolls over, Arona has mount. 4 miutes later, Arona still has mount. At 5 minute mark Arona goes for Americana and Fedor bridges him off. Fedor in Arona's guard, nothing happening, Fedor stands up. Arona shoots striaght into side control again, Fedor trying the guillotine from under side control again. Round ends with Arona in side control.

Rd 2 Fedor stuffs a couple of shots but nothing lands on the feet. Arona shoots in and hits a takedown. Arona passes guard, mounts. Fedor sits up and tries an ankle lock, Arona defends and mounts again. Arona working for no gi cross choke, and no gi ezekiel from mount. For some reason the ref stands them up, from mount. They trade shots, leg kicks, nothing hard. Arona with another takedown. Fedor still trying to guillotine but at least has half now. Arona passes.

The fight should be over at this point... Arona has totally dominated the fight. He is up with his arms raised and jumping for joy at his vicotry. But in some alternate universe where being mounted for 8 of 10 minutes wins a round, they go to a 3rd round. The clinch, shot stuffed, knees to teh legs by Arona. Arona with a takedown. Arona mounts, fedor explodes to his feet. Arona pulls guard, Fedor punches teh thighs and stomach. They separate, Fedor pulls guard and tries to guillotine again. Arona wins all 3 rounds, easily.
    Decision announced, Arona is pissed, Fedor looks ashamed. It is a clear cheat job.

Under no objective criteria, unified rules or not, did Fedor win that fight or even 1 round of that fight. He basically got Dan Hardy'd. If the criteria is being mounted and generally getting schooled, then yes, Fedor won. But he was mounted for about 12 minutes of the 15 minute fight. He had zero offense. There is no criteria under which he won.

For those that have not seen:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2709081896340#

I am not saying all of this to bag on Fedor. Fedor is the man. And it is totally irrelevant to today's Fedor, as it was 10 years ago. But I really wish that the judge's would not have screwed Arona here, because we would not all be subjected the UNDEFEATED-How can you knock a guy that has NEVER lost-talk...

Never seen the Arona fight .Let me go watch it and score it before reading this so I can be bias
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Well kicks count. . .

Really? What part of "AA was winning round one" didnt you understand ?

The "AA" the "was winning" or the "round one" lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Well kicks count. . .

What about those uppercuts Fedor was landing in the clinch?

I mean, I GUESS you could say AA was winning the round, but not a whole lot was happening. And it's kind of irrelevant as Fedor put a nice stamp on the round.

LOL

Just seemed like you were saying that because they were kicks it made made his dominance up to that point less legit.
    I heart cock

LOL

Just seemed like you were saying that because they were kicks it made made his dominance up to that point less legit.

Nah I was just saying Fedor was never in touble because he only got hit with 2-3 punches ,the rest were kicks
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Nah I was just saying Fedor was never in touble because he only got hit with 2-3 punches ,the rest were kicks
    It's been a while since I last saw the fight so my memory's hazy, but from my recollection Fedor was getting knocked around like a pinata before the KO.
    I heart cock

It's been a while since I last saw the fight so my memory's hazy, but from my recollection Fedor was getting knocked around like a pinata before the KO.
    that's how I remembered it too, but I watched it live and have not seen it since. I actually remember thinking he was wobbly and I thoght AA was going to KO him. In fact, AA jumped in with the fatal knee because I think he thought Fedor was done.