Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellator Odds Up

Re: Bellator Odds Up

Very back and forth first round, hinton bullying Roger around with his old man strength. Close but I gave it 10-9 Hinton. Second round Hinton is fading and Huerta takes him down and has his way with him. Some brutal GNP that almost ends the fight. Round ends with Huerta in mount. 10-8 Huerta. Third round more of the same, Hinton is just hanging on and Roger locks up a nasty kneebar and he taps.

Typing on my phone or I'd give more lol
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Btw Joe Warren won but did not impress at all. Shouldve been 29-28 as he was nearly submitted twice in the first. The round ended with him in a triangle. Still looks like the exact same fighter that got armbarred in dream.

Thanks for the info, zY.

Glad that Huerta got the W. I guess the line was justified.
    I heart cock

I'm sure we could have found a stream but I had to go to town anyways
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I just saw on Bodog that Huerta was -1700 and Warren was -825 by fight time...wow

Dam, I fucked up and forgot this was on.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

+1.53

Pretty good night of fights, made better my the fact that I won my bet on Georgi. There are a lot of good promotions now. Bellator is good. I actuallty think Strikeforce has just as much talent as the UFC. Dream has guys. You guys that only follow UFC are missing out.

Jay, congrats on winning with Warren. I was pulling for him just for you, but Warren looked like crap, and I wanted to root for Marriott. I think Georgi will sub him in the next fight, if not then Wilson Reis is definately going to sub him. He never even tried to pass or do any damage. After he got saved by the bell in round one, he was scared to move.

That's why I hate rounds and time limits. I am a purist. There would be so many different results if there were no rounds or time limits.

Georgi is fun to watch, as is Huerta.

Huerta definately put on a show. I like how he turns it on in the 3rd round.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    +1.53

Pretty good night of fights, made better my the fact that I won my bet on Georgi. There are a lot of good promotions now. Bellator is good. I actuallty think Strikeforce has just as much talent as the UFC. Dream has guys. You guys that only follow UFC are missing out.

Jay, congrats on winning with Warren. I was pulling for him just for you, but Warren looked like crap, and I wanted to root for Marriott. I think Georgi will sub him in the next fight, if not then Wilson Reis is definately going to sub him. He never even tried to pass or do any damage. After he got saved by the bell in round one, he was scared to move.

That's why I hate rounds and time limits. I am a purist. There would be so many different results if there were no rounds or time limits.

Georgi is fun to watch, as is Huerta.

Huerta definately put on a show. I like how he turns it on in the 3rd round.
    Yeah, I read the play by play on bloody elbow about the Warren fight. It seems like he is the definition of lay and pray. I don't know if I have FSN, I couldn't find it last night on Comcast so I didn't get to watch the fights. If Georgi/Warren fight, will you be on Georgi? I think he might actually be an underdog based on previous lines considering Warren was at -400+ on every book.

I will never bet on Warren as a big favorite (unless he improved massively). He is game, but he was seconds away from going to sleep in the first round, and he he lucky he didnt get his arm broken too. His submission defense is horrible.

I will be on Georgi as an underdog. Right now, I would probably take him at +150... but I could just be jaded from last night. Warren will just hold him down. No way he can stand with Georgi. He *might be able to avoid the sub, but again, he will be going all 3 rounds to win.

I think Warren is going to be a bust, personally. Sokodjou, the sequel.

^^yeah it was pretty disheartening to see him not have improved at all since the dream tourney.

Congrats on the wins guys.

^^ agreed.

I wish wrestlers would just focus on the ground, learn the ground and be awesome at it... instead they all spend time trying to strike. It is going to take years to get good enough at striking to be competitive. But they are alreay 70% there on the ground. Warren has the tools to put any fighter in the world on their back. So why not focus on that? Learn to pass guard. Learn to defend. Learn some subs. It looks like his ground game has not improved one iota since last year. Some wrestlers have trouble learning bjj though... you definately have to have the right mindset.

That is why I am so big on Johnny Hendricks. Here is a guy that took to the submission game and is trying to learn it. He has naturally heavy hands too. I think Hendricks is the guy that will surprise everyone. He is a better wrestler than Koscheck, heavy handed, good sub game and defense. Watch out for Hendricks @ ww. Watch out GSP.

As opposed to a guy like Rosholt, who just continues to get submitted and use a bullying style. I see Warren like Sonnen. How many times do you have to get armbarred in your life before you change your posture?

Can't agree with you about Frodo. Johnny Hendricks is nothing special IMO.

Who's Frodo?

Who's Frodo?

I heart cock

^^

Right, but I don't think Elijah Wood is very tough. Who is Zy calling Frodo?

^^

Right, but I don't think Elijah Wood is very tough. Who is Zy calling Frodo?
    I heart cock

Ahh. There is some resemblence isn't there.

In that case, I disagree.

I think Hendricks is the best prospect at 170 right now. He still has some learnin to do, but I think he can be champ.

I think Hendricks is the best prospect at 170 right now. He still has some learnin to do, but I think he can be champ.
    I agree that he's good. Not sure I'd say "he's the best prospect at 170" though.

Back around the time I first started betting on fights, I remember feeling compelled to bet on him against Amir. I didn't pull the trigger though. To this day I still kick myself for that one.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX

I agree that he's good. Not sure I'd say "he's the best prospect at 170" though.

Back around the time I first started betting on fights, I remember feeling compelled to bet on him against Amir. I didn't pull the trigger though. To this day I still kick myself for that one.
    Who's better?

I have no idea why the ufc doesn't push him more. He was 2x Ncaa champ (he was rightfully a 3xchamp, his senior year Mark Perry beat him in the finals, but Hendricks had beaten him 6 times prior- so he was 6-1 with him). He really is the best pure wrestler at WW in the UFC, maybe in the world (Askren has dropped to WW too I think, but he is with Bellator). He has shown very good secondary skills too, with his KO of Amir and has a couple of very nice looking submissions too.

I don't know who has more potential coming up @ ww. GSP has shown he can beat anyone that he can out wrestle. Here is a guy that can probably outwrestle GSP. So to me it is more interesting that seeing him beat Fitch or Koscheck again.

Who's better?
    He's still pretty green, man. Who has be beat? The Amir win was a little flukey. A lot of people thought it was an early stoppage. And that's his best win to date.

Who's better? It's impossible to say at this point with the amount of data that's available. Do you really think he's ready for guys like Fitch, Kos, Alves, and . . . GSP at this point?

I'm not even sure how he'd fare against Paulo Thiago, Swick, or Rumble. Don't get ahead of yourself.
    I heart cock