Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Mir Speaks (Finally)

Frank Mir Speaks (Finally)

This is the first interview I've run across. He actually comes across pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqO1CaOX ... eature=sub
    I heart cock

Re: Frank Mir Speaks (Finally)

He comes across OK. I wonder if a rematch with Nog is in the cards. Maybe Gonzaga or Roy Nelson? I doubt they'll give him Cro Cop, but I actually think that one could be interesting.

It's pretty funny though: He loses to Lesnar and decides the answer is to put on more muscle and be a brute. Now he loses to Carwin and decides the answer is to go back down to 245 and rely more on skill. It's an awfully quick 180.

Was an awfully quick fight too, all the added bulk got him nowhere with Carwin.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    Was an awfully quick fight too, all the added bulk got him nowhere with Carwin.
    Oh yeah, I'd say he's right the second time. He was foolish to ever think he could counter championship-level wrestling with a just little extra muscle.

Mirs time at the top has passed ,he might not even be a top 5 HW anymore
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Good find X.

He is still my man. War Mir?
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    War Mir?
    Sure, why not.

I heart cock

I don't think his time as a top heavyweight has passed at all. Look at who he's lost to here, current Champion and current interim champion. No shame in losing to Lesnar or Carwin right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    I don't think his time as a top heavyweight has passed at all. Look at who he's lost to here, current Champion and current interim champion. No shame in losing to Lesnar or Carwin right now.
    All depends on what you define as a top heavyweight. I think Luke's definition is too harsh and narrow. It seems that in his mind if you're never going to be champ then you should just hang up the gloves right now.

I think Mir will always be up there with the contenders . . . he's just not going to beat the very top guys. So maybe not a permanent fixture in the top 5, but I think he'll hang around consistently in the top 10.
    I heart cock

Well, it's not like Mir had that far to fall to not be a "top 5 HW" anymore:

1) Fedor
    2) Brock
    3) Carwin
    4) Cain
    5) JDS ?

And I agree with SPX, Mir will stick around, I just don't think he'll be able to crack the very top.

I don't think he will either, but he's still a top Heavyweight with the kind of skill set to give alot of fighters problems. He may not be top 5 in the division but thats because there has been an explosion in the division over the last few months. Mir destroyed Kongo, JDS all but murdered Gonzaga, Cain put Nogueira's lights out somethin' fierce, and Carwin blasted Mir.

As Svino said he didn't have far to fall, one loss was all it would take to put any of the bottom 3 guys ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    I think Mir will always be up there with the contenders . . . he's just not going to beat the very top guys. So maybe not a permanent fixture in the top 5, but I think he'll hang around consistently in the top 10.

I'll agree with that
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

As long as there are big wrestlers in the HW division, he wont be above them. That said, he will (should) hang around the top of the division, and with his marketability, I could see him getting one more crack at the title down the road.

VIA fightersonly
    12/04/10 - Mir wants catchweight fight with Anderson Silva
    Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir says he would like to fight current UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva at a catch weight if Anderson’s planned super fight with Georges St. Pierre is now off.

Silva has previously talked of a move to heavyweight but more recently talked about dropping for a catch weight fight with welterweight division boss St. Pierre. However, UFC president Dana White said yesterday he has gone off that idea somewhat after Anderson put on another bizarre and disappointing show in the headline bout of UFC 112.

“I would love to fight Anderson Silva!” Mir told Fighters Only in a text message last night. “I would even make it a 235 catch weight to make it more appealing to his manager and the commission.”

Silva has fought at light-heavyweight twice in the UFC and finished both his fights there with TKO stoppages. 235lbs would be the highest weight he had ever fought at although he walks around at a similar weight when bulking up for his light-heavyweight excursions.

Whether the UFC would be interested in matching Mir and Silva is unclear but Anderson would certainly have his work cut out for him if they did. Mir is a jiu jitsu player like Maia but his significant size advantage alone would make him a much more threatening prospect.

^^I'll watch it!

I would expect him to knock Mirs slow ass out but if he gets a hold of Anderson it becomes a different story quickly.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Mir is a jiu jitsu player like Maia but his significant size advantage alone would make him a much more threatening prospect.

Sure, if by "more threatening prospect" they mean "slower, and even easier to evade."

Would he be that much easier to evade? Anderson wouldn't be so lean, he'd be carrying around alot more "neutral mass" just to make the weight, he wouldn't be trimming down the usual 20-40lbs. His Cardio wouldn't be as well equipped. If this happens anytime soon look for Mir to put a hurtin' on Anderson because there is no way in hell Anderson is going to be able to jump from 185 to 235 in a matter of a couple months and be in fight shape against a guy as game as Mir.

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    ^^I'll watch it!

I would expect him to knock Mirs slow ass out but if he gets a hold of Anderson it becomes a different story quickly.

I tried to tell you I saw talk of this last week but you said Silva was fighting megatron after Maia
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Mir =stands no chance
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    ^^I'll watch it!

I tried to tell you I saw talk of this last week but you said Silva was fighting megatron after Maia
    Well I assumed it was the same article from like 9 months ago where Anderson wanted Mir, and you had finally stumbled upon it.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit