Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456712 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 113

Re: UFC 113

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    And I was not trolling when I said Rosholt would submit Horn and was not trolling when I said Koscheck will (T)KO Daley!! You should know by now weird stuff happens in MMA (Frank Mir TKOing Nog, Cain KOing Nog, Gonzaga knocking CC out with a head kick, Griffin submitting Shogun, Kimbo Slice getting a fighter's back, etc).
    To say that it CAN happen and to say that it WILL happen is two very different things. If you say that either of those could--and possibly would--happen then I'm sure we'll all agree with you. But to say that they WILL happen is just foolishness.
    Ok well Koscheck is going to TKO Daley anyways.

Ok well Koscheck is going to TKO Daley anyways.
    That's probably less likely than Rosholt submitting Horn. . .
    I heart cock

^^not really. He'll take him down and brutalize him against the cage.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Yeah, Kos via GNP isn't that unlikely at all. But I think Daley MAY be a little overrated as as striker. I am pretty sure Nick Thompson was outstriking Daley. Daley just seems to have really heavy hands.

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I was more thinking (T)KO initiated from a strike on the feet.
    I heart cock

Anyways, back on topic. How do you guys see the line moving on Shogun/Machida?

Anyways, back on topic. How do you guys see the line moving on Shogun/Machida?
    I expected money to pour in on Shogun as the soon as the line opened and thought Machida would get to about -135 or so. I was wrong. So I don't know.
    I heart cock

Yeah I was a bit confused to see the line favoring machida after the first fight. Not sure why everyone seems to think that much has changed since that fight. Machida didn't look very good that night. If shogun can stay patient and punish the legs and body with kicks like the first fight I see him winning a decision.

Be on Shogun if the line gets a little better. If anything it should be an even line with a slight favor to Shogun.

Also I'm all over belcher. He's a much better fighter than Cote whose really only shown he has heavy hands.

I wouldn't call Belcher a better fighter than Patrick Cote... If it weren't for a huge layoff and the recurring ACL injury I wouldn't be putting money on Belcher. If this were pre UFC90, I'd be betting Cote to murder Belcher.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

^^^ what he said expect for the part about Cote murdering Belcher .I think it would have been a good fight even then.I'm still on the fence on this one ,still leaning Belcher though
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Finally able to talk about betting again haha. It has taken awhile to recover from pretty massive loss I had with Penn. I lost all my winnings from the last 6 months which definitely sucks ass. But I will use it as a hard lesson learned. I said I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket after the GSP/Hardy fight, but I did, and I lost so shame on me.

With that behind me.....

I thinking:

Hendricks - 5U - I really like strong wrestlers because if something isn't going their way (King Mo gassing in the first) they can always go to their bread and butter. Hendricks by TKO

Davis - 5U - I have no idea why Goulet is still in the UFC but Poopoo had it on the money with the KO by touching glove...although he could be full of shit..ba dum dum..Davis by KO/TKO

Lawlor - 5U - Put a clinic on A-train (again a wrestler reverting to bread and butter when not going his way) and Tim is no wrestler to go to TD's when Lawlor starts pounding. Not to mention Tim lost his last fight to Nate and you see how bad Nate was against Jorge. Lawlor by TKO

and possibly Kos - 2U - This is a tough one because who knows if Kos will use his wrestling or not. He stood for a bit with AJ and that was scary, but used his wrestling / sub to win that fight. Daley has known for a while now that his glaring weakness has been TD defense and his ground game, but from what I understand he has worked extremely hard in the TD defense area. I still believe Kos could take him down, but Kos's cocky "I'm not scared to stand with you" mixed with his suspect chin and Daley's improved TD defense I will probably stay away.

Solid picks nuts. I was serious about the Goulet/Davis fight by the way , but I will probably not bet on it. I bet Davis is going to be a very steep favorite to be honest so I may stay away.

Ok I have been looking at Cote/Belcher. Cote's resume isn't too impressive leading up to the Silva fight. He beat Scott Smith (UFC reject), Jason Day (UFC reject), Kendall Grove (Has been close to being a UFC reject and he was hit flush with a very powerful right hand), Mcfedries (lost 5 of his last 8, and I think a UFC reject), and a very close split decision over Almeida in a pretty lackluster fight. He is coming off a very long layoff. He has had pretty severe injuries.

Belcher looks good on the feet but he gets stupid sometimes and ends up on his back (I don't think this will be a factor in the upcoming fight though) and gets into reckless brawls. His defense on the feet is kind of meh... He was tagged A LOT by Gouviea in the exchanges, and Kang was hitting him pretty well too on the feet. It showed his good chin, but I am pretty sure Cote has more power then Gouviea and Kang. But, I think Belcher should win this, especially given the circumstances of Cote's layoff.

Before I place my bet...do you guys think that Cote fighting in his hometown matters at all?

Before I place my bet...do you guys think that Cote fighting in his hometown matters at all?
    Seems to me that hometown fighting can go either way. It can give a fighter mental strength, but it can also add a lot of pressure.
    I heart cock

Ok I have been looking at Cote/Belcher. Cote's resume isn't too impressive leading up to the Silva fight. He beat Scott Smith (UFC reject), Jason Day (UFC reject), Kendall Grove (Has been close to being a UFC reject and he was hit flush with a very powerful right hand), Mcfedries (lost 5 of his last 8, and I think a UFC reject), and a very close split decision over Almeida in a pretty lackluster fight. He is coming off a very long layoff. He has had pretty severe injuries.

Belcher looks good on the feet but he gets stupid sometimes and ends up on his back (I don't think this will be a factor in the upcoming fight though) and gets into reckless brawls. His defense on the feet is kind of meh... He was tagged A LOT by Gouviea in the exchanges, and Kang was hitting him pretty well too on the feet. It showed his good chin, but I am pretty sure Cote has more power then Gouviea and Kang. But, I think Belcher should win this, especially given the circumstances of Cote's layoff.

Hometown COULD play a factor here. But I think Belchers wicked kicks are going to play a much bigger part. If I'm a kickboxer as proficient as Belcher I'm targeting that leg all night.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Seems to me that hometown fighting can go either way. It can give a fighter mental strength, but it can also add a lot of pressure.
    I am having a brain fart right now trying to think of fighters who fought in their hometown. I can only think back to UFC 102 right now... Couture/Leben both lost in Oregon. Franklin lost to Silva in his hometown (but that is Silva). That is all I can think of

Ludo:
    "But I think Belchers wicked kicks are going to play a much bigger part. If I'm a kickboxer as proficient as Belcher I'm targeting that leg all night."

Very good point. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

I have seen alot of Cote lately in the hype vids training and sparring with GSP if that makes any difference. His losses are mostly subs and wins by TKO/KO. Should be a close fight but I would def lean towards Belcher in this due to activity and opponents, but I wouldn't put any $$ on it

2u on Belcher @-120.

2u on Belcher @-120.
    Belcher for the fucking win!
    I heart cock

Added a .6u to win 1u on Jeremy Stephens