Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2345671252 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 117

Re: UFC 117

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    Only 4? Marquardt cost Me a total of 13.5u between the two parlays I had him in. He was the only one to lose in the parlays(I had Demian Maia over Dan Miller and Randy Couture over Mark Coleman on one, and Maia on another with Nate before the lines got too crazy). If only Sonnen would have just tapped out like a normal person to that choke...
    That's ultra-shitty. For me, a 4u bet is significant, since it represents 8% of my bankroll. I'm not sure what 1u is for you, but I can imagine that losing 13.5u really sucks. I never play for those kind of stakes on a single fight. I'm also too afraid of another GSP/Serra or BJ/Edgar.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    An overrated Sonnen beat an overrated Nate end of story.Sonnen stands no chance.I hope the spaz people bet Sonnen to push the line down
    Nate's "overrated" now ONLY because he lost to Sonnen.

Nate was overrated in my book before the Sonnen fight thats why I never bet him in that fight
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Well I had made the mistake of falling into the Marquardt hype that he was the best middleweight in the world not named Anderson Silva. Kinda sucked, alot... Like a starving hooker with braces.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Well I had made the mistake of falling into the Marquardt hype that he was the best middleweight in the world not named Anderson Silva. Kinda sucked, alot... Like a starving hooker with braces.

I dont remember if I didnt believe the hype or it was the fact the line was -375.I usually dont bet over -325 unless I'm really sure.It was probably a little of both
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I was really sure, BOL. I was 100% positive that Sonnen had nothing for Marquardt, since Nate's striking was crisp, his Wrestling was good, his Grappling was better than good, and his size made him a problem for any other Middleweight. I didn't give Sonnen enough credit, and I paid for it.

I was really sure, BOL. I was 100% positive that Sonnen had nothing for Marquardt, since Nate's striking was crisp, his Wrestling was good, his Grappling was better than good, and his size made him a problem for any other Middleweight. I didn't give Sonnen enough credit, and I paid for it.

I think the last time I did that was when I had NOG -330 over Mir

Did you read that last post I made about matchbook commission?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Doesnt the guy that Andy fights AFTER, he pisses Dana off, get starched?

I will be on Silva fo sho.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Silva will probably win. He knock Sonnen out on the feet, and could sub him off his back. But Chael can and will take Silva down if he can get ahold of him without getting Ko'd. He does have a chance. If he can do that to Silva for the 1st two rounds, he may tire Silva out and do it for the rest of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I know one thing for sure.

Sonnen will sell the FUCK out of this fight!
    we could probably fill an entire thread up with all the quotes Sonnen will make.

Should be pretty funny shit.

"he's going to hit me and it's going to hurt. I just don't care."

War Chael Sonnen (R-OR)

Vote for change

Shun the nonbelievers (Luke)
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

i added a chael word filter, for when you type his last name, it automatically adds the R-Or.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    i added a chael word filter, for when you type his last name, it automatically adds the R-Or.

Carry on.
    Sonnen

That is just tremendous Zak.

For your services, I'll post his latest interview from MMAJunkie with all sorts of amazing quotes.

I've bolded the goods.

Chael Sonnen doubts champ Anderson Silva will sign to fight at UFC 117

Chael Sonnen is optimistic he'll get to fight middleweight champion Anderson Silva. But he also says he's a bit worried that it won't happen.

"I don't know if Anderson's going to accept," Sonnen told MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmmajunkie.com).

UFC president Dana White on Wednesday told Jim Rome that Silva and Sonnen will face off in what would be the champions's seventh consecutive title defense. But there's a twist: after another lackluster fight against Demian Maia this past Saturday, Silva (26-4 MMA, 11-0 UFC) must deliver excitement or risk being cut from the organization.

Sonnen (24-10 MMA, 4-3 UFC) is happy to bait the champ – again – if it gets him the fight.

"The best I've seen, [Silva is] a man of his word," Sonnen said of the proposed matchup. "If I hear that he agreed, I'll feel a lot better."

The middleweight champion is clearly on the ropes after the Maia fight, which served as the main event of UFC 112. Silva spent the first two rounds dancing around the cage and the last three in a near-constant backward shuffle.

In now trademark fashion, Sonnen said it's nothing new for Silva.

"[Silva is] really good, he's really effective, and he's as unpleasing to watch as grass growing," Sonnen said. "That's why they called me to get rid of this cancer of the company."

Silva's camp declined to comment on the fight's possibility when contacted today by MMAjunkie.com.

Sonnen claims he's called out the middleweight champion for four years to no avail.

"Nobody has challenged Anderson Silva," Sonnen said. "Not one human being, not one interview. Go to what the kids call 'Google,' and prove me wrong. Show me one athlete in any weight class that's challenged this guy except me."

The West Linn, Ore., resident won a middleweight contender spot in February with a win over Nate Marquardt at UFC 109. He really perked up ears, though, when he went after Silva in the press and polarized fans with his no-nonsense talk.

"He won't even acknowledge the challenge," Sonnen said of the champion, who also holds a UFC record for most octagon wins with 11. "He just overlooks it like it's not happening. The first and only time he's ever acknowledged the challenge is on Feb. 7, 12 hours after I became the number one contender, he put out a press release stating seven different reasons he didn't think he should have to fight me."

White told Rome that Sonnen's wrestling-based style is the perfect antidote to the lackluster performances that ensue when Silva is paired with jiu-jitsu stylists.

Sonnen said it's more than that.

"What's different about me is that I acknowledge Anderson Silva's going to hit me and kick me," he said. "I acknowledge it's going to hurt a lot. But I don't care. I don't care if he hurts me. I'll go to the hospital later that night. But in that 25-minute period, he's going to be in a fight."

He said Silva's dance is just a ploy to get opponents to engage, and a ploy he's happy to follow.

"If he does it to me, it's going to work," Sonnen said. "It's going to make me angry, and I'm going to come after him. If he wants to throw those punches, by God throw them. But I'm going to walk straight through them."

A year ago, Sonnen was struggling to gain traction in the UFC after a unsuccessful run in the promotion between 2005 and 2006, but that position has changed with his recent performances.

If the fight materializes, Sonnen will work with his usual training partners at Team Quest as well as Xtreme Couture grappling coach Neil Melanson, who helped him prepare for Marquardt at UFC 109.

"He's one of those guys, you meet them very rarely but when you meet them, you hold onto them like a precious metal," Sonnen said. "He offered to help me. I don't have a lot of friends in this sport – he's one of them."

Meanwhile, Sonnen continues to campaign for the Oregon House of Representatives and is currently in a fundraising cycle. He remains no-nonsense about the biggest opportunity of his career.

"I guarantee you between now and Aug. 7, I'll get hurt," Sonnen said. "I'll get sick. I'm sure I'll get a staph infection that seems to be the new wave throughout MMA – oh, I have a staph infection, wah. When my music hits those speakers on Aug. 7, I will make that walk.
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/18723/chael-s ... fc-117.mma

LMAO, he said; "what the kids call Google"

This dude should be cuttin promos on WWE.

"If he wants to throw those punches, by God throw them. But I'm going to walk straight through them."

That reminds me of strategies like the one Kevin Rosier used against Gerard Gordeau.

As someone who is also kind of a political junkie, I'm very curious about how the electorate responds to Sonnen being in a high profile fight. Will he get a surge of popularity and campaign cash if he takes the UFC MW belt? Will his opponent show the tape of the highlight reel KO again and again if Anderson brutalizes him?

Lines up

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Ill be on Anderson for whats left of Ed Soares hair.

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    Ill be on Anderson for whats left of Ed Soares hair.

It'll have to get a bit lower for me to take Silva
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I'll probably put a half hearted .5u on Sonnen just because. Last time he had no chance he tooled Marquardt for three rounds.

Sonnen (R-Or)

I'll probably put a half hearted .5u on Sonnen (R-Or) just because. Last time he had no chance he tooled Marquardt for three rounds.
    Same

The fight before that he was +300 and had no chance against Okami and dominated him for 3 rounds. I lost big on that shit. And the time before that he was going to get submitted by Dan Miller and owned him for 3 rounds. He was like +250 in that fight as well.