Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 337378798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1687

Thread: UFC 117

Re: UFC 117

[quote=zY|]
    Quote Originally Posted by "MMA_scientist":23ibsam0
    I think Anderson said it was pre-existing though, from getting thrown by Ishii.

So Chael exacerbated a pre-existing injury.
    Yeah. I thought we already discussed this.[/quote:23ibsam0]

SPX still doesnt believe you .Is there anyway you can get the X-rays and send them to him so he'll stop denying it?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

[quote=Luke]
    Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Quote Originally Posted by "MMA_scientist":1ynxp5f6
    I think Anderson said it was pre-existing though, from getting thrown by Ishii.

So Chael exacerbated a pre-existing injury.
    Yeah. I thought we already discussed this.

SPX still doesnt believe you .Is there anyway you can get the X-rays and send them to him so he'll stop denying it?[/quote:1ynxp5f6]

He'd insist that I Photoshopped them.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

He'd insist that I Photoshopped them.
    I'd at least need them carbon dated.
    I heart cock

Oh cool, Ed Soreass just sent me a picture of his ribs. They're ALL fucked up.

Which one's broken?
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Oh cool, Ed Soreass just sent me a picture of his ribs. They're ALL fucked up.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I personally consider going over my bets post-fight to try and figure out where the "right" line was to be one of my post important betting rituals. I don't want to beat myself up for a losing bet that was correctly placed, and I definitely don't want to fall into the trap of assuming I was right even though my guy sucked, but lucked out. Both of those are prescriptions for making bad bets on those fighters down the road.

There's no doubt in my mind that there are many fights with discernible value at all places in the odds range. Different people might be better at finding good picks at different spots, but anyone who tries to tell you that there's only one right type of fight to bet on (just betting underdogs or just betting favorites) is full of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino
    Different people might be better at finding good picks at different spots, but anyone who tries to tell you that there's only one right type of fight to bet on (just betting underdogs or just betting favorites) is full of BS.
    I think that every single fight has value. EVERY fight. You just have to be good enough to know how to find it. (And I'm not saying I'm that guy.)
    I heart cock

Apparently Silva greased too. Scientist, wouldnt that make the triangle a hell of a lot harder to lock in?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/5/160 ... onnen-says

Chael Sonnen - "He [Anderson Silva] wears these tiny little shorts, his skin is very slippery. He's one of these guys that greases up. So you got to get a hold of the fabric, there isn't much there. Yeah he's a hard guy to drag down. A lot of guys have had problems with it."

"But he's not the first cheater I've dealt with. He's not the first guy that discovered he can soak himself in baby oil before he walks to the ring."

"Again, I have a lot of obstacles to deal with, that's just one more."
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

^^ yeah I read that before the fight. I have to think it would make the submission harder for both guys. Of course, it is just BS. No one has accused Silva of greasing, except Chael... who did so before the fight.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Silva- ... ined-26207

I told you guys, Chael crossed the line when he shit on Silva's bjj lineage. Brazilians take that shit seriously.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Alves says fuck middleweight. . .

Thiago Alves (16-7 MMA, 9-4 UFC) does not want to fight at middleweight and is willing to do whatever it takes to stay at welterweight.

The fighter on Monday told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he's hired nutritionist Mike Dolce, a veteran of "The Ultimate Fighter 7," to assure the UFC that he never again misses weight in the 170-pound class.

Alves finds out today whether the promotion will grant his wish.

"I think (at) 185, the guys are way too big for me," Alves said.

Alves weighed in at 171.5 pounds for a co-headlining fight against Jon Fitch this past Saturday at UFC 117 – a half-pound more than the one-pound overage allowed for non-title fights. He was fined 20 percent of his purse by the California State Athletic Commission, which oversaw the event at Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif.

Fitch received 10 percent of the penalty and took home additional bragging rights with a dominant decision victory over Alves, who appeared sluggish and out of step throughout the fight. The two originally met in June 2006 with Fitch emerging victorious via second-round TKO.

Following UFC 117, White said Alves belongs at 185 pounds and told him such in a text message. Alves apologized but said he wasn't ready to pack on more weight.

"I'd like to see him at 185," White told MMAjunkie.com. "It's just [expletive] to have him come in and train, and it's [expletive] to have guys make weight and guys not make weight, especially at this level."

White said Alves' weight gaffe likely cost him a potential shot at the winner of an upcoming welterweight title bout between current champion Georges St-Pierre and challenger Josh Koscheck.

Alves told reporters he was 177 pounds at UFC 117's pre-fight press conference and said he would make weight without issue. But when he stepped on the scale this past Friday, he came in heavy on his first attempt and shortly afterward chose to take the CSAC's fine.

"Could I have lost half a pound?" Alves asked. "I believe so, but it would have taken me a long time to get the half a pound to come off. So it was just easier for me at the time to let them take 20 percent of my purse. I wasn't happy or anything like that. But it was the smarter decision for me."

In hindsight, Alves said he was hurt by a 13-month layoff he endured at the hands of a knee injury and an arteriovenous fistula in his brain which twice delayed his rematch with Fitch. Previously, he vied for St-Pierre's welterweight belt in July 2009 and lost a lopsided decision.

"After my 'GSP' fight, I fought the next guy in line, who's Jon Fitch," Alves said. "I'm jumping from the top to the top. So I didn't perform at my best, but consider the facts. I think I did pretty good. But I think the biggest thing was the time off."

Alves is back in Coconut Creek, Fla., and will take the next week off before getting back to the gym. He plans to call on Dolce – founder of "The Dolce Diet" and trainer and nutritionist for UFC staples Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Michael Bisping – when he books his next fight.

"He's going to be taking care of all my nutrition and supplementation," Alves said. "Eight weeks out, he's going to move into my house and follow me through my whole camp. [I'm] going to fix things I need to fix at the gym and in my lifestyle."

The Brazilian fighter is not particularly jazzed about having an extra body in his house, but it's worth it in the end.

"I'll do whatever I have to do to get back on the winning track," Alves said. "I don't care."

He's sure the alternative is much worse.

"I'm too short (at middleweight)," Alves said. "That will be a big disadvantage for me to move to 185. I'm going to lose a lot of strength, also, because the guys are much, much bigger and taller than me. At 170, I'm good. I've got a good reach, and I'm sharper than most of the guys I fight.

"I want to apologize to all my fans. I've never been through this situation before. I hate it, and I'm never going to allow myself to get into this situation again."
    I heart cock

Dolce Diet

Nice job on all the updates playa.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    Nice job on all the updates playa.
    Sometimes I like to pretend to be Luke, because it's my fantasy to be just like him.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Sometimes I like to pretend to be Luke, because it's my fantasy to be just like him.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Dont blame Alves I wouldnt go to 185 either
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Ben Saunders cut from the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    LOL that's fucked up.

He stepped up on one day's notice to fight Jon fucking Fitch.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    LOL that's fucked up.

He stepped up on one day's notice to fight Jon fucking Fitch.

would you expect any less from Dana White?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Fuck Saunders and his fucking refusal to learn tdd. If you dont give a shit about tdd there is no way in hell you should be in the ufc.