Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485
Results 1,681 to 1,687 of 1687

Thread: UFC 117

Re: UFC 117

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    UFC 117 sold 1 million ppv's. How much of that was because of Chael? He def deserves more than 35k. He should at least be getting more money down the road.

It doesnt look like its even going to be close to 1 million buys

The Figure Four Weekly is reporting that trending numbers for UFC 117 were off and the early estimates coming in from cable companies now peg the event closer to 600,000 PPV buys.

[quote:13hvuj0n]UFC staff was told early last week that the UFC 117 numbers were looking to be just under 600,000 buys, significantly down from fight night expectations. I had actually predicted 550,000, though when the show was over the feeling I had was that it was an easy 1 million buys show. It should be noted that our trending numbers plus sources outside UFC are tracking it closer to 1 million. Part of the issue is that there are wide variations throughout the country with some systems showing huge numbers and other systems showing much smaller numbers. It’ll be several weeks before we get what we can really call a solid number.
    Payout Perspective:

I get the sense that there’s some confusion between trending numbers and estimates numbers, so allow me to explain the difference:

Trending numbers are based upon pre-fight indicators (e.g., live gate, television ratings, or Google search frequency) that are known to have a significant correlation with PPV buy rate numbers. When a fight is said to be “trending” towards a particular number the analyst is essentially saying that the pre-fight indicators are currently at levels that would suggest the PPV buyrate will be X. Trending numbers do not incorporate any sort of actual number received from a cable company.

Estimate numbers are based upon actual reports from cable companies. These typically take a little longer to report, because the cable companies need time to gather the purchase data from their systems. Then, once reliable base numbers have been gathered, the company will extrapolate those initial figures to give an estimate of what the overall card has likely produced from a buyrate perspective.

You may have noticed that we’ve stopped using trending numbers here at MMAPayout. Despite the regression analysis employed, the pre-fight indicators we use have simply become too unpredictable. The fight game is changing too rapidly: new sets of fans are entering the marketplace, and their purchase behavior patterns are increasing the complexity of this giant puzzle. It’s going to take some time before things settle down to the point where we can once again establish reliable indicators based upon publicly available information.

In the mean time, I’ll continue to go with my gut; 500,000-600,000 is more or less what I expected once this fight had ended. The early trending reports of 1 million were a pleasant shock, but seemed almost too good to be true.

Regardless of the actual number, I think we can all agree that this has been an unbelievable stretch of business for the UFC (something we were talking about at MMAPayout.com in March!).

UFC 111: 770,000
    UFC 112: 525,000
    UFC 113: 520,000
    UFC 114: 1,050,000
    UFC 115: 520,000
    UFC 116: 1,200,000
    UFC 117: ~600,000
    UFC 118: …[/quote:13hvuj0n]
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

^^^ I didn't realize the UFC had broken the 1 million mark since UFC 100.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    All thanks to Mir of course.

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    That's because you don't pay attention.

And shit, MMAPayout huh? Too many goddamn MMA sites now.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    That's because you don't pay attention.

And shit, MMAPayout huh? Too many goddamn MMA sites now.
    If you didn't know about MMAPayout then YOU haven't been paying attention.

oh SNAP!
    I heart cock

LOL

Well it's added to my ever-growing MMA RSS feed now. So no more ignoring it.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Thiago Alves Says Dana White Gave Him One More Shot at Making the Welterweight Limit:
    "Dana said, 'You've got to make weight, otherwise we've got to move you to 185.' I told him, 'Just please give me another chance. I won't mess up again.' I didn't make excuses. I told him I thought I was there but I wasn't. I took full responsibility. It's not my coach or my camp, it's me. I just asked for another chance, and he said OK. But I know this is my last chance."

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP