Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 117

Re: UFC 117

I think Fitch would whup Jake's ass.

Jake's game is totally dependent upon him having top position. I think Fitch would put him on his back, stuff his takedown attempts, and beat him on his feet.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Sonnen (R-Or) fucked him up.

God do I wish Nate had gotten that guillotine . . . but I'm also kind of excited to see Sonnen/Silva.
    Sonnen (R-Or) is going to win

You are crazy
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Sonnen (R-Or) fucked him up.

God do I wish Nate had gotten that guillotine . . . but I'm also kind of excited to see Sonnen/Silva.
    Sonnen (R-Or) (R-Or) is going to win

You are crazy
    Anderson has 5 rounds to catch a submission, Chael has 5 rounds to avoid a submission. I don't like how Chael gets comfortable in the guard, and in Silva's guard Chael will probably get caught in a triangle. But when the line hits +400, I will be on Chael. He has a wrestler's chance, and lately the wrestler's chance has been paying off better then the puncher's chance.

I'm not even convinced in Chael's ability to consistently get takedowns. Sure if he gets his hands on him Silva is going down and he'll likely get 1 or 2, but Silva is faster and his takedown defense revolves around effective footwork. I see Sonnen having real problems getting in close enough to put his hands on him. He's going to get blasted eventually. His best chance is to get Anderson down early, and put such a beating on him in the first round that he wears down, gets tired, and loses speed, power, and confidence. I don't find this likely considering that Chael doesn't even try to pass guard and Anderson is great at minimizing damage from guard. It just seems like overall a terrible style matchup for Mr. Sonnen.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Sonnen has more time to prepare for his fight now .He's out of the state representative's race:

Chael Sonnen no longer has to worry about his words coming back to haunt him in politics.

The middleweight contender has dropped his bid for a state representative's seat in Oregon, according to Fight magazine. Sonnen, who won the Republican primary last month for his district, cited a case related to his day job as a realtor:

[quote:2bk9lgpu]"A 2006 legal issue has arisen that needs my immediate attention. I am not at liberty to disclose the details, but my name was involved in a real estate case that requires a ruling. If the ruling is adverse, I would be disqualified from running for office until 2011. So, given that possibility, I have chosen to withdraw my name as a candidate in 2010."
    Sonnen was already drawing heat for pre-fight hype ahead of his Aug. 7 bout with middleweight champion Anderson Silva at UFC 117.

Reporters in Oregon questioned Sonnen about comments issued through a Twitter account associated with him. A writer for the left-leaning Huffington Post criticized Sonnen for tweets jokingly describing Silva's manager, Ed Soares, as a primitive pagan:

"Ed [a Brazilian American MMA manager], pray to whatever Demon effigy you prance and dance in front of with your piglet tribe of savages that I decide not to crucify you"
    Although Sonnen said the Twitter account was not his, a local alternative news weekly, Willamette Week, accused him of lying about it.

The political race in November might have been a close one, given that Democrats hold only a slight edge in voter registrations in Sonnen's district. Now he just has to work on living up to the trash talk that he's been hurling Silva's way since last year. [/quote:2bk9lgpu]
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Interesting.

Oh well, he's a fighter first . . . or at least he should be. Fuck politics.
    I heart cock

Interesting.

Oh well, he's a fighter first . . . or at least he should be. Fuck politics.

fuck your mom
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

fuck your mom
    (I) fuck(ed) your mom (last night.)
    I heart cock

(I) fuck(ed) your mom (last night.)

Sorry

Are you ok?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Sorry

Are you ok?
    I'm a masochist, so it was great.
    I heart cock

You jackasses totally buried my awesome fight breakdown.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I'm not even convinced in Chael's ability to consistently get takedowns. Sure if he gets his hands on him Silva is going down and he'll likely get 1 or 2, but Silva is faster and his takedown defense revolves around effective footwork. I see Sonnen (R-Or) having real problems getting in close enough to put his hands on him. He's going to get blasted eventually. His best chance is to get Anderson down early, and put such a beating on him in the first round that he wears down, gets tired, and loses speed, power, and confidence. I don't find this likely considering that Chael doesn't even try to pass guard and Anderson is great at minimizing damage from guard. It just seems like overall a terrible style matchup for Mr. Sonnen.
    This is an awesome fight breakdown.

No, seriously. . . I think you are more than likely correct, but I nevertheless give Chael a shot. He surprised everyone against Marquardt, so let the man have his shot.
    I heart cock

Zy, I agree.

Sonnen is going to get his ass whupped. He is worse than Dan in every way, except the gas tank.

Not sold on Sonnen. He had a good string of favorable matchups.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Come on now. Worse than Dan in every way. Sonnen goes in there and gets takedowns. He does not go in there and just wildly throw right hands. No way in hell Dan is better than Sonnen. Sonnen would put Dan on his back with ease.

You honestly believe Dan would put Okami and Nate on their backs the way Sonnen did.

I watched Sonnen's recent fights today, and he seems to get better in each fight. I think Sonnen knows he is going to have to take some damage to get inside and get the takedown, and I think he is going to come out fast like he has been doing and get in Silva's face before trying to put him on his back. I think Silva will gas if Sonnen can wrestle him for at least 2 rounds.

I'm a bit new here, but I have a feeling these posts are very familier to the ones leading up to the Nate-Chael fight. With many not giving Sonnen a chance at beating Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    I'm a bit new here, but I have a feeling these posts are very familier to the ones leading up to the Nate-Chael fight. With many not giving Sonnen (R-Or) a chance at beating Nate.
    Yeah that was us. We lost money. All of us.

Was that serious, or sarcastic. Was there not anyone on Sonnen at those dog odds?

Sonnen (R-Or) would put Dan on his back with ease.
    I agree. If Shields can do it, then Chael can for damn sure do it.
    I heart cock

Was there not anyone on Sonnen (R-Or) at those dog odds?
    No.

That night was like the holocaust. And we were the Jews.
    I heart cock