Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellator 27

Bellator 27

Joe Warren -120 vs Joe Soto -110.

Anyone else think Joe Warren takes this?
    1 unit = 300 $

Re: Bellator 27

He will probably win. But 5 rounds is along time for Warren to avoid getting caught with something. All of his fights he gets in some sort of trouble.

No bet
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I am going to look at Soto... I actually haven't seen too much of him.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

doublearmbar

1.5u on Soto at even odds. He has the wrestling to frustrate Warren, his cardio is on par with Warren and he is a more complete fighter on the feet and on the ground.

I think Warren wins it in the usual fashion. Not going to bet it though. We have seen Warren against dynamic fighters- he has already beaten guys that are better than Soto. Soto's best win is against Reis. We have never seen Soto against a better wrestler. I do think Reis would beat Warren though.

I hope I am getting an unbiased analysis from you. I respect your opinion on this, your the resident grappling expert. Your not just saying this because you hate Joe Warren are you? Wilson Reis Couldnt take Soto down, if I remember that fight correctly. He kept trying for the entire fight and failed, kinda gassing during it. Why couldn't Warren beat him. I'd bet he could take him down. Unless Reis could submit him off his back I doubt Warren would have much of a problem with him.

I'm leaning towards a bet on Warren here. He has been fighting good comp from the beginning. His first fight was against a guy that was 12-4 and a WEC vet. He won.

Then he fights a 17-2 guy..Then he loses to Bibiano Fernandez and takes a fight with an 18-2 guy. Next guy is 13-2.

Then he fights the pitbull. That guy almost killed him in the first round. I would say Pitbull did the most damage in that fight but I can see why the judges gave it to Joe.

Do you think Joe's wrestling will hold up against Warren?

Joe doesn't seem like he has big Ko power. I looked up the guys he KO'd. Ben Greer had a winning record and had been ko'd twice before. The other two guys were straight up cans. He beat Diego Savaria by cut stoppage. Joe took a beating from Pitbull and kept on fighting, he seems pretty tough.

Joe soto seems like he is a mid level juco wrestler with some other skills. He can strike a little and submit..am I correct about this?

Joe was all american in freestyle and a world champ in greco and a tough, durable guy.

It seems to me like he should be the favorite.

Someone please tell me their thoughts.

I just lost on ufc 118. I don't want to just bet ufc and strikeforce because there is so much money to be made on these other smaller promotions.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    Then he fights a 17-2 guy.. .
    Kid Yamamoto. His name . . . is Kid Yamamoto.

Not 17-2 guy. Not Mr. 17-2. Not a 17-2 guy.

Kid Yamamoto.
    I heart cock

Whatever. That Kid with the 17-2 record. Yamahoto-moto-whatever.
    1 unit = 300 $

Whatever. That Kid with the 17-2 record. Yamahoto-moto-whatever.
    I heart cock

Edman,

I think Wilson would beat Warren by repeated sweeps or submission, as his defense is not very good. He got caught by a bunch of guys that are not great grapplers, Reis is a very good grappler. Reis could not take Soto down, so he lost. But Reis is a better striker than Warren IMO... so Joe would have to take him down, where I do not think he would be able to control him. Pitbull would have beaten Warren if he didn't blow his wad trying to finish, IMO. Actually, I think Pitbull won round 1 10-8... so I scored it a draw. Warren may be able to beat Reis, but I doubt he would be able to control him on the mat... I think it would look like Shad Lierley, only more competitive. Reis would get taken down, and then Warren would regret it. Reis is the best bjj guy he would have faced, except Bibiano... these guys are very hard to just hold down.

I think Soto is going be getting taken down by Warren. The only issue is if Warren can contain him on the mat. I looked at a lot of Soto's fights... but he hasn't fought alot of grapplers. So it is really hard to say what he will do from bottom. Even though Soto was a decent wrestler, there is a universe of difference between him and Warren. I will be pretty schocked if he can stuff Warren. He might be able to get up though and create enough to do some damage on his feet.

Soto has shown some nice submission skills, even hitting the vaunted gogoplata once. But Warren thus far has been able to avoid subs. My guess is that Soto is going to be trying to scramble back to his feet, not play guard. I think Warren will just keep taking him down.

That said, I don't know that I am going to bet it. I might change my mind, but as of now, I think it is a very close fight, but I do think Warren will be able to get the takedowns.

Kid Yamamoto was like the Jose Aldo of that weightclass for years... he is/was a badass. I win over Kid is huge... and unfathomnable for a guy with 2 fights.

I think Soto was a pretty good Juco guy... but Warren is literally the very best wrestler in all of MMA. He and Mo are the only world champions that I can think of. He is miles ahead of Soto in pure wrestling. He should have a significant takedown edge. OF course, Pitbull did take him down and stuff him several times... so who knows.

doublearmbar

Warren would win a wrestling match no doubt.

where does world champion compare to olympic champion? Can you really say consistenly?
    1 unit = 300 $

doublearmbar

Who just doesn't like Joe Warren's shitty attitude?

where does world champion compare to olympic champion? Can you really say consistenly?
    I really think it is about the same, skill wise. But you have to put olympic champion above FILA world champion, just because of the stakes... Also half of the battle is making the olympic team. Cael Sanderson lost an olympic trials match in the U.S. and barely won a best of 3... he came about 1 point from not even making the team. Then he won Gold. Warren would have been the favorite to win Gold in 2008 had he not shit on America.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Warren would have been the favorite to win Gold in 2008 had he not shit on America.
    What's this all about?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by doublearmbar
    Who just doesn't like Joe Warren's shitty attitude?
    I can live with his attitude... but when you merge his shitty attitude with his no-attempt-to-finish fighting style, I find it pretty unbearable. He is also a pretty massive douche IRL, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Warren would have been the favorite to win Gold in 2008 had he not shit on America.
    What's this all about?
    he got banned from the 2008 olympics for weed.

he got banned from the 2008 olympics for weed.
    Oh.

I was hoping he was being a legitimately unpatriotic douche.
    I heart cock