Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859
Results 1,161 to 1,175 of 1175

Thread: UFC 118 Penn-Edgar 2 Toney-Couture

Re: UFC 118 Penn-Edgar 2 Toney-Couture

Damn, Sherdog just straight took BJ off the P4P list.
    I heart cock

I'll have to watch it again but I'm pretty sure I had dos anjos winning both rounds. You guys probably had Guida beating Diego too.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I'll have to watch it again but I'm pretty sure I had dos anjos winning both rounds. You guys probably had Guida beating Diego too.
    Watch it again. Guida won round 2. Stop participating in revisionist history.
    I heart cock

I knew it. Guida was outstruck 5-1 from Diego's back and looked like a bag of smashed assholes. Won round 2 my ass. Only in the Ludocain top position is all that matters scoring handbook. And revisionist history nothing. You can go search if you like, I've always maintained a 30-26 Diego scorecard.

Main Card:
    - Frankie Edgar $96,000 (includes $48,000 win bonus) def. B.J. Penn $150,000
    - Randy Couture $250,000 def. James Toney $500,000
    - Demian Maia $68,000 def. Mario Miranda $8,000
    - Gray Maynard $46,000 (includes $23,000 win bonus) def. Kenny Florian $65,000
    - Nate Diaz $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Marcus Davis $31,000

Preliminary Card:
    - Joe Lauzon $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Gabe Ruediger $8,000
    - Nik Lentz $22,000 (includes $11,000 win bonus) def. Andre Winner $10,000
    - Dan Miller $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus) def. John Salter $8,000
    - Greg Soto $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus) def. Nick Osipczak $10,000
    - Mike Pierce $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Amilcar Alves $6,000

Plus the $60,000 fight-night bonuses:
    - Fight of the Night: Nate Diaz vs. Marcus Davis
    - Submission of the Night: Joe Lauzon

I knew it. Guida was outstruck 5-1 from Diego's back and looked like a bag of smashed assholes. Won round 2 my ass. Only in the Ludocain top position is all that matters scoring handbook. And revisionist history nothing. You can go search if you like, I've always maintained a 30-26 Diego scorecard.
    Get your shit together. We're talking about Guida/Dos Anjos, not Guida/Sanchez.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Main Card:
    - Frankie Edgar $96,000 (includes $48,000 win bonus) def. B.J. Penn $150,000
    - Randy Couture $250,000 def. James Toney $500,000
    - Demian Maia $68,000 def. Mario Miranda $8,000
    - Gray Maynard $46,000 (includes $23,000 win bonus) def. Kenny Florian $65,000
    - Nate Diaz $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Marcus Davis $31,000

Preliminary Card:
    - Joe Lauzon $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Gabe Ruediger $8,000
    - Nik Lentz $22,000 (includes $11,000 win bonus) def. Andre Winner $10,000
    - Dan Miller $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus) def. John Salter $8,000
    - Greg Soto $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus) def. Nick Osipczak $10,000
    - Mike Pierce $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Amilcar Alves $6,000

Plus the $60,000 fight-night bonuses:
    - Fight of the Night: Nate Diaz vs. Marcus Davis
    - Submission of the Night: Joe Lauzon

Seems fair Dana would pay a boxer 5x the amount that he paid the whole undercard. God I hate Dana
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

We've already established you don't know how to score a fight.

lulzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Anjos got his jaw broke in round 1 I thought so that could have made a difference
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Anjos got his jaw broke in round 1 I thought so that could have made a difference
    I thought it was round 2, but yeah, it's obviously significant. When fighters lose because of broken jaws, arms, ribs, hands, etc. we don't usually accept that as an excuse Yes, it is a factor, but that's part of fighting. If you don't want to lose then don't let your shit get broke.

In any case, I thought it had more to do with Guida's gameplan in rounds 2 and 3 than it did with the jaw. In round 1, nigga thought he was Mike Tyson and tried to box. After the first round he started going for the takedown and getting his GnP on and that's when the tide turned.
    I heart cock

You're still gayer than AIDS.

You're still gayer than AIDS.
    LOL

My bad.
    I heart cock

I realize the jaw was broken in round one. However Guida looked totally different in round two. His corner told him to move more and he did. He got the takedown, did his thing, and in round three he got that nice slam about forty five seconds before the tap. He was going to win that fight regardless.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

James Toney is set to defend his IBA heavyweight title on Nov. 5 in New Orleans, but he's not done with MMA.

Toney made that decision in the locker room of Boston's TD Garden moments after UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture tapped him out with an arm-triangle choke three minutes into his first real taste of the sport at UFC 118.

"They might have won the battle, but the war ain't over yet," recalled John "Pops" Arthur, Toney's trainer of 12 years, of the boxing champion's words after the fight.

Of course, a lot of MMA fans breathed a sigh of relief.

The bout drew a tremendous amount of interest based on its "boxing vs. MMA" angle, though observers from both sides of the aisle gave Toney little chance of succeeding. Instead, most in the know saw it as a payday for an aging boxing champion with few available opportunities.

Still, the matchup held its intrigue based on a simple question: If Toney had the chance to land one, clean punch before Couture closed the distance, would boxing show-up MMA?

That question was answered pretty quickly. Toney (0-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) didn't even get one punch off before Couture (19-10 MMA, 16-7 UFC) felled him with a low single-leg takedown and secured the choke after a few minutes of struggle on the mat.

Of course, Arthur is quick to defend his longtime associate and contends that in the nine months prior to the fight, Toney trained almost exclusively on "groundwork and kicks." He doesn't fault the trainers he assembled to usher the boxer into MMA – including Trever Sherman, an unheralded coach who replaced the more well-known trainer Juanito Ibarra.

"If a fighter doesn't respond – not just James, but anybody – to his coaches, what can you say?" Arthur on Thursday told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The trainer contends Toney simply wasn't capable of listening because of something that happened backstage just prior to showtime. He won't say what it was – only that it altered the course of the night.

"James was so upset," the trainer said. "He was so mad, he just wanted to hit [Randy]. He wanted to get close enough to hit him one time because of so many things that happened that night that were going against us.

"There were some things happened that he wasn't happy with. It's personal. It drove him to a whole different level."

Arthur watched in dismay as the boxer's gameplan got thrown out the window. After all that preparation, Toney was gambling that Couture would run straight into his fists.

"I said, 'Whatever you do, don't stand in front of the kid because the kid's going to try and take you down,'" Arthur recalls. "[He's] going to take that lead leg. That's what he did.

"I told him he's got to move. I said, 'You've got to get out there and use your boxing skills.'"

Worse, the ankle supports that Toney sported only served to hasten his fall.

"He had those damn cufflinks on his feet; those damn things that keep you from sliding, and that's another bad thing," Arthur said. "He gave [Couture] something to grab onto."

The trainer said Toney did not attend the post-event press conference because he had difficulty producing a urine sample for the drug test mandated by the Massaschusetts State Athletic Commission. By the time he did, the press conference was over.

However, another source close to the event said that Toney stormed off after he unsuccessfully attempted to get some face time with UFC president Dana White prior to the presser.

White told reporters that he felt no need to put Toney in the octagon ever again after this past Saturday.

"I thought we answered this question in 1993, but James came out and he picked a fight," White said. "We answered the question again in 2010. I don't think it needs to be answered again. I don't care if it's (Floyd) Mayweather or anybody else."

That was news to Arthur.

"Well, then Dana needs to send me some release papers," he said. "If we don't plan on fighting in the UFC, send me the release paper and we'll take it to the next level. I know the UFC is the No. 1 [promotion] in mixed martial arts, but if Dana voiced that we don't fight for him anymore, send me the release papers. I don't have any problem with that.

"Once that happens, then I'll start working on stuff. But right now, we're focused on him defending his IBA heavyweight championship."

There are three opponents under consideration for Toney's Nov. 5 title defense, though Arthur did not have the names at his disposal when he spoke to MMAjunkie.com.

Toney is taking the rest of the week to relax but plans on working both his MMA and boxing skills when he returns to the gym.

"He's going to be doing groundwork and boxing," Arthur said. "He's going to be a two-sport athlete. The reality is that he wants to do it, and he will do it again. I think the next time I match him up, I'll make sure I'll matchup at least 50-50 equal. The cards were stacked against him."

But "Pops" is not giving up on his friend.

"I'm going to roll with him – good, bad, and ugly," Arthur said. "The first day I see James getting beat up or hurt, that's the first day he's going to stop fighting."
    I heart cock

^^^ I told ya I thought I saw he had a boxing match already lined up . You aint going to see him in the octagon again unless he needs another big paycheck and I dont see anyone paying him anything to lose in 3 minutes
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP