Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 118 Penn-Edgar 2 Toney-Couture

Re: UFC 118 Penn-Edgar 2 Toney-Couture

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I dont know why people care if a boxer beats a MMA fighter
    i care because the sport is still young and a lot of people still don't think it is legitimate. Old guys think it is just idiots duking it out, or homos rolling around on the ground grabassing- there is no skill involved.

If an oldboxer can take out a a legit fighter, it helps prove that theory in thier minds. Even though Ray Mercer beat Sylvia, we all know that there is no way Ray Mercer could actually beat all teh fighters that Sylvia can beat. But morons don't know that.

A few big blows and MMA goes away. That would make me sad.

Toney win = MMA dies
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I'd guess a Toney loss means he goes 0-1 in his MMA career. A win means he goes 1-2.

If Toney somehow wins, they will put him up against Brock....especially if Brock loses @116

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    i care because the sport is still young and a lot of people still don't think it is legitimate. Old guys think it is just idiots duking it out, or homos rolling around on the ground grabassing- there is no skill involved.

If an oldboxer can take out a a legit fighter, it helps prove that theory in thier minds. Even though Ray Mercer beat Sylvia, we all know that there is no way Ray Mercer could actually beat all teh fighters that Sylvia can beat. But morons don't know that.

Toney win = MMA dies

Morons will always be morons no matter if Toney wins or loses.

The morons will just say Toney is way over the hill or something else stupid.

I'm the biggest boxing fan there is and I wouldnt think a bit less of MMA even if Toney won
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

If Toney beats Randy. I would just say an old boxer beat an old MMA fighter. Toney may be old, and he may not be elite anymore, but he is by far the best boxer to fight in MMA to my knowledge.

I also read many that say that Toney does not hit hard enough to put Randy away with ONE solid shot, and they bring up his lack of KOs as of late. I completely disagree...I believe he can hurt Randy if he only touches him. I believe this fight is a far more dangerous fight for randy than many do. that being said, Randy still has brain cells, and will more than likely take James down immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    If Toney beats Randy. I would just say an old boxer beat an old MMA fighter. Toney may be old, and he may not be elite anymore, but he is by far the best boxer to fight in MMA to my knowledge.

I also read many that say that Toney does not hit hard enough to put Randy away with ONE solid shot, and they bring up his lack of KOs as of late. I completely disagree...I believe he can hurt Randy if he only touches him. I believe this fight is a far more dangerous fight for randy than many do. that being said, Randy still has brain cells, and will more than likely take James down immediately.

^^ I think Toney has about a 5% chance to win. Don't get me wrong, I don't actually think it is going to happen...

Just a large percentage of the mma fan base is WWE cross-over. Then the majority is just very casual fans. But ESPN guys and stuff, they still don't really recognize MMA as a sport. This dumb ass fight will probably get more ESPN coverage than any other MMA fight just because a legitimate boxer is involved. If Toney wins, it will completely ruin any chance that MMA has of being recognized by mainstream sports guys...
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj

^^ I think Toney has about a 5% chance to win. Don't get me wrong, I don't actually think it is going to happen...

Just a large percentage of the mma fan base is WWE cross-over. Then the majority is just very casual fans. But ESPN guys and stuff, they still don't really recognize MMA as a sport. This dumb ass fight will probably get more ESPN coverage than any other MMA fight just because a legitimate boxer is involved. If Toney wins, it will completely ruin any chance that MMA has of being recognized by mainstream sports guys...

I just disagree, because even more of those crossover fans will watch his next fight if he wins, and he will get raped in the cage in front of millions of those fans. I think Dana and co. know what they are doing. They have a win win here. If Toney loses(very likely to happen) he can say MMA is superior. If Toney wins, the media jumps on like never before, and latches on to the story, only to see Toney get toasted in his next UFC fight.

^^^^^^^^^^ Good point.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

The UFC should hire more boxers imo to try to tap into the boxing PPV buyers
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

If Toney wins, it will completely ruin any chance that MMA has of being recognized by mainstream sports guys...
    I don't want to see Toney win simply for the sake the my MMA pride, but who really gives a shit what mainstream sports guys think? I for one definitely do not. . .

Personally, I never want to see MMA go 100% mainstream. The semi-edgy image actually helps to differentiate it from straight-laced suit and tie sports, and I personally want it to always be that way.
    I heart cock

Yeah I'm not concerned with the affairs of idiots. Anyone with even a slightly nuanced view of what's going on knows what this fight is.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Yeah I'm not concerned with the affairs of idiots. Anyone with even a slightly nuanced view of what's going on knows what this fight is.

I agree screw the idiots ,they will have be idiots anyway

the truth is a boxer beating a MMA fighter is about as likely as a MMA fighter beating a boxer in boxing
    or
    A baseball player beating a tennis player in tennis,or a baseball player beating a NBA player in basketball etc .
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

UFC veteran and grappling star, Dean Lister has agreed to serve as James Toney's BJJ coach in preparation for Toney's UFC 118 fight with Randy Couture.

I wonder if this means Toney's going to win by armbar now instead of choke out lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Word on the street is Toney is dragging his feet on actually signing the bout agreement.

Word on the street is Toney is dragging his feet on actually signing the bout agreement.

I seen that .He's probably holding out for more money or a bigger % of the PPV since he thinks Dana is already committed to the fight and cant back out now
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Toney win = MMA dies
    LOL MMA will die after just that? Toney will get raped eventually. If not by Randy, then by Brock, Carwin, Nelson, Pat Barry, Gonzaga, Cro Cop, Cheick Kongo, JDS, etc. etc. Provided that they all use a smart strategy, they should easily dispatch of Toney. I gaurantee though at least two of them will implore a terrible strategy and get knocked out. I highly doubt Randy will be one of those two and even if he does lose this fight, Toney will eventually leave the UFC with more losses than wins. I think it would be hilarious and very entertaining if Toney won. That would probably spark the interest of more boxing fans and they will stay around to watch Toney get his ass handed to him after. Toney beating Couture is not a bad thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AC88

Toney win = MMA dies
    LOL MMA will die after just that? Toney will get raped eventually. If not by Randy, then by Brock, Carwin, Nelson, Pat Barry, Gonzaga, Cro Cop, Cheick Kongo, JDS, etc. etc. Provided that they all use a smart strategy, they should easily dispatch of Toney. I gaurantee though at least two of them will implore a terrible strategy and get knocked out. I highly doubt Randy will be one of those two and even if he does lose this fight, Toney will eventually leave the UFC with more losses than wins. I think it would be hilarious and very entertaining if Toney won. That would probably spark the interest of more boxing fans and they will stay around to watch Toney get his ass handed to him after. Toney beating Couture is not a bad thing at all.
    Yeah I think he's being a little sensationalistic. Could probably get a job blogging for Bloody Elbow.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

goddamn he's so fat

goddamn he's so fat

I'd say he's about 245-255 there.But yes he's fat
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP