Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MFC 25

Re: MFC 25

I am looking to get my 2u back from last night before 113. My general rule is that I favor bjj studs over wrestling studs on the ground (except at HW, where bjj is more similar to wrestling). Taylor is probably going to get submitted if it hits the mat. I think Taylor will try to keep it standing, but Leites probably has better hands than Taylor. Leites has to beat Taylor both places, which I think is probable, but it is keeping me from pulling the trigger. Zero chance Taylor finishes him though. Most likely Taylor tests the water on the feet, and then tries a takedown late. My guess is that Leites lights him up on the feet and then subs him.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    I am looking to get my 2u back from last night before 113. My general rule is that I favor bjj studs over wrestling studs on the ground (except at HW, where bjj is more similar to wrestling). Taylor is probably going to get submitted if it hits the mat. I think Taylor will try to keep it standing, but Leites probably has better hands than Taylor. Leites has to beat Taylor both places, which I think is probable, but it is keeping me from pulling the trigger. Zero chance Taylor finishes him though. Most likely Taylor tests the water on the feet, and then tries a takedown late. My guess is that Leites lights him up on the feet and then subs him.
    Going to start being a little more aggressive, soooo... 3u on Leites @-280

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Going to start being a little more aggressive, soooo... 3u on Leites @-280
    I don't want you to be all alone here... I saw an interview with Leites where he says he has been working really hard on his striking and he thinks that will be the difference. I just can't believe that Taylor can beat a former top 10 guy in Leites. I have talked myself into it. And I am steaming from Vanier.

Sooo...

3u on Leites.

going to abstain on Jimmo.

Haha Scientist, I see what you mean about this forum making you bet more. I can't wait for tomorrow night. I went a little overboard on that card, so I am either going to start chasing my losses hard after tomorrow night or be a happy guy.

I am finding that about 2 bets per card is the sweet spot for me. Any more than that, and inevitably one of them loses.

I am finding that about 2 bets per card is the sweet spot for me. Any more than that, and inevitably one of them loses.
    Yeah, turns out I am only "sure" of 2 fights on this card out of all of my bets.

Which 2? I regret my Hague and Hendricks bets (moreso Hague, I think Hendricks will win, but wish I would have bet less). I feel good about Salter and Koscheck.

Which 2? I regret my Hague and Hendricks bets (moreso Hague, I think Hendricks will win, but wish I would have bet less). I feel good about Salter and Koscheck.
    Stout and Koscheck. I feel really good about them, the only thing that scares me about Stout is Stephens' talked about power and Stout getting taken down and controlled (but his TDD looked great against Lauzon before Lauzon gassed).

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Stout and Koscheck. I feel really good about them, the only thing that scares me about Stout is Stephens' talked about power and Stout getting taken down and controlled (but his TDD looked great against Lauzon before Lauzon gassed).
    I really think Stout will win if it makes you feel any better. If I didn't already have 4 bets, I probably would have made the play myself.

The problem with having Leites as a former top ten guy was mostly a product of being fairly one dimensional. He was always a piss poor striker with amazing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He was on par with Demian Maia in the skillset department until Maia worked hard on his striking, I think Leites would have been on the low end of the top ten at best if it hadn't been for Marquardt losing those points when they fought.

That being said, I still don't see Jesse Taylor beating him, the guy got submitted by CB Dollaway for christ sakes. Nothing against CB, but Leites is about a million times more dangerous on the ground than CB is.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

2.3u parlay to win 2u on Leites and Fioravante
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    The problem with having Leites as a former top ten guy was mostly a product of being fairly one dimensional. He was always a piss poor striker with amazing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He was on par with Demian Maia in the skillset department until Maia worked hard on his striking, I think Leites would have been on the low end of the top ten at best if it hadn't been for Marquardt losing those points when they fought.

That being said, I still don't see Jesse Taylor beating him, the guy got submitted by CB Dollaway for christ sakes. Nothing against CB, but Leites is about a million times more dangerous on the ground than CB is.

I think Leites is a way better striker than Maia was and is. Maia has better takedowns though.

Leites' strikes are not that bad at all. He was going toe to toe with Marquart and even dropped him once.

Here's a gif of the Leites dropping Nate in an exchange: http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/_Thales...000151&tid=107

Leites ultra-fails in the striking department. Whenever people talk about his "competent striking" they go back to one thing, and that's him dropping Marquardt. Why? Because there are no other examples of Leites competently striking anyone. Sure, Marquardt rushed in and got popped, but that doesn't make up for Leites getting owned the other 14 mins 57 seconds of that fight.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Leites ultra-fails in the striking department. Whenever people talk about his "competent striking" they go back to one thing, and that's him dropping Marquardt. Why? Because there are no other examples of Leites competently striking anyone. Sure, Marquardt rushed in and got popped, but that doesn't make up for Leites getting owned the other 14 mins 57 seconds of that fight.
    You're crazy. That fight was close all the way through. Very competive, in no way was he getting owned. Leites won the first round. He damn near finished Nate in round one, had him mounted and pounding on him IIRC. The second round was the knee. The third round was close, and it was Nate that was trying to take it down.

He also beat Lister on strikes, Maia style. He also dropped Martin Kampmann with an overhand right in round one. Kampann beat his ass after he gassed, but he did drop him and win the first round with strikes. He fought Anderson Silva, Sakara (he won that), and Mcfedries. 3 very dangerous strikers, and I don't think he was ever hurt in any of those fights.

He might not be the greatest striker in the world, but he is definately competent.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I did not think Leites/Marqurdt was close. Marquardt easily won that fight . . . in fact his domination was such that it took TWO point deductions for Leites to get the win (and that second deduction was bullshit).
    I heart cock

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I did not think Leites/Marqurdt was close. Marquardt easily won that fight . . . in fact his domination was such that it took TWO point deductions for Leites to get the win (and that second deduction was bullshit).
    yeah, but a 30-27 fight can be close. That is the nature of the 10 point system. Judges are retarded so I don't pay attention to the official scores, which I think were 28-27 across the board. But that means 1 round went to Leites even without the deduction. Basically 10-9, 9-9, 9-9.

I agree that Nate won 2 rounds to 1. And that knee was a hard shot. Anything after the knee is fruit of the poisonous tree IMO. It doesn't count. Leites was rocked from an illegal blow. But Leites was in it the whole time from what I recall.

Actually, the more I talk about it, the less I think Taylor can win. His only hope is if Leites gasses trying to finish, which he does often.

If the odds werent all the way down to -345 now, I would drop 2 more here. If they come back under 300, I am doing it.

Cocksucker! I was going to do a Leites/Fioravanti/Gouveia parlay but the shit's already closed for betting. What the fuck?
    I heart cock

Cocksucker! I was going to do a Leites/Fioravanti/Gouveia parlay but the shit's already closed for betting. What the fuck?
    You got lucky then. Gouveia is going to lose.

He is back up at 205 and he missed weight AGAIN. Gouveia is lazy. How can you fight at MW and then miss weight W LHW? The guy he is fighting is not as good as him, but he is definitely no pushover. And he has to be hungrier. Gouveia pisses me off.

Has Leites ever fought a strong wrestler? I'm trying to remember. . .

How do we know Taylor won't just outwrestle him for a UD?
    I heart cock