Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce: Fedor VS Werdum

Re: Strikeforce: Fedor VS Werdum

That's what happens when you don't fight for 15 months. But of course, argue an irrelevant detail, not the crux of the matter. I've still yet to see one name who's consistently fought better competition than Fedor in the last 2 years.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Im not arguing Fedor's comp, He is doing his thang. but as a Mir nuthugger:

He fought Nog (Nog was 2-0 at the time in the UFC and Interim champ)
    He fought Lesnar (UFC Champ)
    He fought Kongo (meh)
    He fought Carwin
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

So he was 1-2 against ranked opponents?

Look I'm just dispelling the myth that Fedor only fights scrubs. When in fact it's obvious he fights as good or better competition than anyone. He may need to go to the ufc eventually, but if he beats Werdum, I'm FAR more interested in a fight with Overeem than with everyones favorite 4-1 rassler.

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Correct, but isnt the argument about fighting top 10 guys?

[quote=IWS Zak]
    Quote Originally Posted by "zY|":3sjvi2mk
    Correct, but isnt the argument about fighting top 10 guys?[/quote:3sjvi2mk]

True, but still, 4 > 3.

Dont get me wrong, like I said, I dont think anyone should knock who Fedor has fought over the last couple years. Going into the Timmeh fight, he was still top 8, and as solid as anyone in the division. Arlovski was probably top 3 going into that one.

The fights werent even competitive.

I think the Fedor/Competition argument is people railing against the guys he fought after the Cro Cop fight (Hunt, Lindland, Choi, Coleman) forgetting that those fights were between 2005-2007.

You can't knock what Fedor has done, and who he has fought. He has fought tough guys. He can't go running to the UFC every time they present some new flavor of the month.

When Tim and AA were the cream of the UFC, everyone said he was afraid of AA. We saw what happened there. Now they have round robin of wrestlers, and supposedly he is afraid of them. I like Cain an Carwin, but they haven't done anything. Brock beat Mir and and a 47 year old 205er. Fedor is the man, and personally I think Strikeforce's HW's are better than the UFCs. I would put Fedor, Overeem, Werdum, Bigfoot, Rogers and Arlovski against JDS, Brock, Carwin, Cain, Nog and Mir any day.

As for the UFC having the best talent, they clearly have the best talent at WW and LHW. I would put Strikeforce really close in HW and MW though. The UFC has Silva at MW, but Strikeforce has the former #1 contender in Hendo, Shields, Jacare, Lawler. Aside from Silva, I think Strikeforce has better MWs.

At lightweight, Dream has a lot of guys. Ishida is a better wrestler than any UFC LW. Kawajiri, Aoki, Melendez... They have some good guys. BJ Penn is the best IMO... but I wouldn't bet a lot of money that Kflo would beat Kawajiri.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I feel dirty agreeing with Scientist.

Don't you feel dirty agreeing with anybody?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Don't you feel dirty agreeing with anybody?
    Cmon. Relax with the ad hominem.

Just fucking with you, homey.

I'll turn my attention elsewhere.
    I heart cock

Just fucking with you, homey.

I'll turn my attention elsewhere.
    You got ADD or somethin?

How is it 'largely true'? Please enlighten me how the guys in the UFC become magical beings once they are owned by the corporation and become part of the propaganda machine. Is it because Uncle Fester says so?

Like I said, 4 top 10 opponents, in a row. No HW in the ufc has even fought 2. Other than Cain and JDS the ufc heavies suck shit anyways.
    I think it's "largely true" because, while other orgs may have good or even great fighters in any individual weight class, they very rarely have the best.

Who at LW is going to be beat BJ, Edgar or Florian? Not Aoki. Aoki just got the shit beat out of him by Melendez. So Melendez? I doubt it. I do like Gil, but I don't think he would hold the belt in the UFC.

What WWs are going to beat GSP? What MWs are going to beat Silva? The LHW belt is a revolving door, but with Shogun, Machida, and very promising up and comers like Jon Jones, I don't see very many LHWs outside of the UFC coming in to wreck house, if you know what I mean.

As for the heavies, I would really like to see Overeem in the UFC. That would be interesting. But barring him, the UFC has the most talent. You never want to give respect to Brock, but Brock is a fucking animal. Carwin has proven that he can shut down even veterans of the sport who have hovered around the top for years with his H-bomb punches. Cain's looking good, like you say. And we all know about JDS.

So . . . fucking Werdum? Werdum had his chance in the UFC. It didn't work out for him. That's why he's in Strikeforce now. He's also, if you haven't noticed, at the bottom of the HW rankings . . . below a whole host of UFC guys. As a matter of fact, the UFC by itself owns 6 of 10 HW spots right now, including 2 through 6.

You couldn't be more wrong here. Werdum parted with the UFC due to the fact that he wanted more money and they weren't prepared to pay him what he wanted after he lost to Junior Dos Santos. Same as what happened with Hendo except Werdum was coming off a loss. Don't kid yourself, the reason Werdum isn't in the UFC isn't because he isn't good enough to compete there. In the UFC he went three rounds with Andrei Arlovski(which in 2007 was a feat in itself since Arlovski only had one decision in his entire career prior). Then he absolutely CLOWNED Gabriel Gonzaga on the ground before winning via TKO. Beat Brandon Vera who was fresh off a decision loss against Sylvia. He then got blasted by Junior Dos Santos who has proven to be a top five talent in fights since then.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    You couldn't be more wrong here. Werdum parted with the UFC due to the fact that he wanted more money and they weren't prepared to pay him what he wanted after he lost to Junior Dos Santos. Same as what happened with Hendo except Werdum was coming off a loss. Don't kid yourself, the reason Werdum isn't in the UFC isn't because he isn't good enough to compete there. In the UFC he went three rounds with Andrei Arlovski(which in 2007 was a feat in itself since Arlovski only had one decision in his entire career prior). Then he absolutely CLOWNED Gabriel Gonzaga on the ground before winning via TKO. Beat Brandon Vera who was fresh off a decision loss against Sylvia. He then got blasted by Junior Dos Santos who has proven to be a top five talent in fights since then.
    I am 100% aware of the conditions surrounding Werdum leaving the UFC. If you noticed, I said he had his chance and it didn't work out . . . I didn't say he was cut.

Still not impressed with Werdum. As for going the distance with AA, did you actually see that fight? Or can I call it that? Because I saw no actual fighting.

The UFC didn't want to pay Werdum because they knew he wasn't worth it. If he had been, he'd have gotten paid. That's not to say that he's not a good fighter. It's only to say that he's not a great one and that he's not beating Fedor.
    I heart cock

Fedor is quite possibly the goat but fighters in the Hw division are getting bigger and better...Werdum is 6'4'' and 245 pounds. This isn't even that big for HW..thats average. Fedor is 6' 230 pounds and he could lose some weight. He is easily a 205 pound fighter and maybe if he went all out on training/dieting/weight cutting a 185..He's dominated in the past with skill and pure Balls. I think it's going to be tough for him now though, Werdum might beat him...and there is def a good chance for all the other HW's out there to stop him. I'm not saying they all would without a doubt beat him or vice versa but you have to acknowledge that fedor isn't unbeatable.

Nobody in this sport is unbeatable. Fedor is the only guy on the planet that has never lost. A lot of people look at that as a reason for him to never lose, but its not really. It will happen eventually, just like big nog, cro crop, andre arlovski, tim sylvia and every other person Fedor has beaten. So on and so forth. There isn't a sport on earth were there is an unbeatable force. This is no different. If fedor beats both werdum and allistair ill be very suprised. I think both have a good shot at beating him.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    Nobody in this sport is unbeatable. Fedor is the only guy on the planet that has never lost. A lot of people look at that as a reason for him to never lose, but its not really.
    Yeah, but not to a fighter like Werdum. Overeem maybe. Perhaps even JDS. I mean, that would be interesting. But if Fedor is going to lose to someone, I am adamant that it can't be someone like Werdum. That would just be disgraceful.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    Nobody in this sport is unbeatable. Fedor is the only guy on the planet that has never lost. A lot of people look at that as a reason for him to never lose, but its not really.
    Yeah, but not to a fighter like Werdum. Overeem maybe. Perhaps even JDS. I mean, that would be interesting. But if Fedor is going to lose to someone, I am adamant that it can't be someone like Werdum. That would just be disgraceful.
    you are just being obstinant now. Up until literally like 4 days ago, Werdum was ahead of Overeem in every ranking, and has been for years. Overeem KOs Rogers and now suddenly he is tiers and levels more respectable... And lets not forget that Werdum made Overeem cry uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    you are just being obstinant now. Up until literally like 4 days ago, Werdum was ahead of Overeem in every ranking, and has been for years. Overeem KOs Rogers and now suddenly he is tiers and levels more respectable... And lets not forget that Werdum made Overeem cry uncle.
    All I'm saying is that Werdum has not impressed me. . .

. . . and more importantly, after Fedor has faced the motherfucking GAUNTLET of fighters that he's faced, if his 10 year undefeated reign comes to an because of Fabricio Werdum, then there is truly no justice in the world. If--and that's a big if--Fedor is forced to lose to someone, then it must truly be a great fighter, and not someone barely hanging on to the top 10.

The fact that you don't agree with me is further proof of the fact that grapplers make you absolutely cum in your pants and turn you on more than your own wife.
    I heart cock

You have a very loose definition of "great fighter" if it includes Overeem and JDS. JDS has put together 2 nice wins. I wouldn't put him in the annals of history just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    You have a very loose definition of "great fighter" if it includes Overeem and JDS. JDS has put together 2 nice wins. I wouldn't put him in the annals of history just yet.
    Overeem could just overwhelm Fedor with size and aggression.

As for JDS, you can be a great fighter and have 0 fights. Being a great fighter is really about ability and nothing else. A lot of people thought Werdum would beat him and he didn't . . . they thought Cro Cop would beat him and he didn't . . . they thought Yvel was going to knock his head off and we see how that worked out . . . then they thought Gonzaga would beat him and he didn't . . .

Keep doubting.
    I heart cock