Thread: Bad decisions and how to avoid them

Bad decisions and how to avoid them

Well there were multiple bad decisions this past couple of weeks. Nate coy/tyrone woodley. Nate won that. Yves edwards I thought had his fight as well, though it was close. Shaolin also won his fight..But not in the minds of the judges. I know there are often bad decisions in the ufc but maybe there are more outside it. Is it the refs the smaller orgs get that are out and away from the main areas of competition( Ex: Vegas)? I'm thinking about sticking with ufc and major strikeforce fights because I'm sick of getting the short end of the stick on fights I picked correctly. I'm down a couple hundred on this already.

Anyone else agree with this or notice any particular areas with bad decisions?

This isn't just me BTW, i visited multiple Play by Plays on a lot of sites and they all had Coy/ Edwards winning the fights.
    1 unit = 300 $

Re: Bad decisions and how to avoid them

I think it's just something else you have to consider when handicapping.

BTW the only bad scorecard in the Coy fight was 30-27 Coy. No way did he win all 3 rounds. 29-28 for either guy or 29-29 are the acceptable scores imo. In no way was it a robbery.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Tonight had alot of poor judging I thought. In Moosin the opening fight between Petz and Johnson I thought Johnson should have won because he landed the harder strikes, controlled distance and stuffed every single one of Petz' takedowns and yet Petz got the nod somehow.

I had Coy winning his fight against Woodley, he busted that lead leg up in the first, and I think the Judges only gave the second round to Woodley because of the way it ended.

Although we have seen alot of bad decisions lately. Beerbohm, Leonard Garcia, Jeremy Stephens, Jim Miller, and of course Marius Pudzianowski deciding to fight in MMA. I guess the addage above the locker room door of TUF is a good one "never leave it in the hands of the judges"
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Is there anywhere you can check to see which judges will be at an event ahead of time?

I don't think the decisions were that bad. From a non biased point of view, I could see Yves or Campbell winning their fight. I could see Woodley/Coy winning their fight. I could see Pudz winning if it weren't for the early stoppage. Since you had money on the fights, you thought the decisions were worse then they really were.

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    and of course Marius Pudzianowski deciding to fight in MMA.
    LOL
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Yeah having money on it definetly affected my judgement.
    1 unit = 300 $