Thread: Anderson Silva sparring session with Freddie Roach

Anderson Silva sparring session with Freddie Roach

This is from a couple years ago, but still pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qntHWtZqWaY

His footwork makes the other guy look like an amateur. Dude does hit Andy with a nice shot in the 2nd round, but it just looks like Silva is just playing with him the whole time.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: Anderson Silva sparring session with Freddie Roach

Victory Belt publishing has some good stuff, but I don't think I'd pay too much for this one:
    http://www.mmaoverload.com/anderson-sil ... a-dvd.html

(even with that massive discount off list price)

Quote Originally Posted by Svino
    Victory Belt publishing has some good stuff, but I don't think I'd pay too much for this one:
    http://www.mmaoverload.com/anderson-sil ... a-dvd.html

(even with that massive discount off list price)
    You made me laugh.

With that said, his takedown defense has improved quite a bit I think. Maia couldn't do shit to get him on the ground.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    This is from a couple years ago, but still pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qntHWtZqWaY

His footwork makes the other guy look like an amateur. Dude does hit Andy with a nice shot in the 2nd round, but it just looks like Silva is just playing with him the whole time.

Silva might have been a decent boxer had he took that up instead of MMA.

good link Zak
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

He did take up boxing briefly before he began MMA. He's said to have gone 1-1 in boxing bouts. Losing by 2nd round TKO to a guy who was 10-2, and then beating someone else by second round KO who had never boxed professionally before.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    He did take up boxing briefly before he began MMA. He's said to have gone 1-1 in boxing bouts. Losing by 2nd round TKO to a guy who was 10-2, and then beating someone else by second round KO who had never boxed professionally before.
    I've seen a lot of guys talk shit on Silva on boxing forums because of that loss. They're like, "He destroys MMA guys with ease but got knocked the fuck out in boxing." Of course they don't talk about the fact that that shit happened in 19 fucking 96.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX

I've seen a lot of guys talk shit on Silva on boxing forums because of that loss. They're like, "He destroys MMA guys with ease but got knocked the fuck out in boxing." Of course they don't talk about the fact that that shit happened in 19 fucking 96.

I dont think any less of him for getting beat by a boxer ,he should get beat in boxing by a pro boxer. Just like I wont think any less of Toney as a boxer when he gets beat by Couture in MMA.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I dont think any less of him for getting beat by a boxer ,he should get beat in boxing by a pro boxer. Just like I wont think any less of Toney as a boxer when he gets beat by Couture in MMA.
    ANY pro-boxer? I imagine Silva would get beat by the top guys, but I also think that if he transitioned into boxing exclusively that he'd be okay and would win his fair share of fights.

There are plenty of MMA guys who have boxing backgrounds--like Marcus Davis, Jeff Curran, and a few others--who don't have the boxing skills that Silva has, but they did okay in that sport.
    I heart cock

ANY pro-boxer? I imagine Silva would get beat by the top guys, but I also think that if he transitioned into boxing exclusively that he'd be okay and would win his fair share of fights.

There are plenty of MMA guys who have boxing backgrounds--like Marcus Davis, Jeff Curran, and a few others--who don't have the boxing skills that Silva has, but they did okay in that sport.

Personally I think any legit boxer would beat Silva. This video was neat to watch but I wasnt impressed with his skills from a boxing stand point. The guy Silva was sparring was slow,had no foot work and zero head movement and I doubt was even a pro.Plus Silva would have no power at 185 in boxing. I'm not trying to knock Silva ,he has really good boxing skills for a MMA fighter but I think he has just as much chance of defeating a top boxer as Mayorga or Toney does of defeating a good MMA fighter.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

no not any boxer just any legit boxer I think would beat him .
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP