Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing play

Re: Boxing play

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Oh cmon. Half of the HW top10 is strikeforce fighters and you think they're all bums.
    Apparently you've never really listened to what I've actually said about the Strikeforce HWs. I've said they are all good fighters. Even Werdum. Just not at the top of the food chain and not a threat to the top guys in the UFC's HW division.

And the reason I say that is because it's true.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Oh cmon. Half of the HW top10 is strikeforce fighters and you think they're all bums.
    Apparently you've never really listened to what I've actually said about the Strikeforce HWs. I've said they are all good fighters. Even Werdum. Just not at the top of the food chain and not a threat to the top guys in the UFC's HW division.

And the reason I say that is because it's true.
    True. The UFC HWs are better because they've proven it against...each other?

Oh and Dana said so.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I feel you X, but when Im in a conversation, Mid-level and down Ill call them guys cans. I know their really not, but when using the term, its usually in comparison to the high level and top guys.

Like for example, If Silva fights Belcher, when going through Silva's recent opponents, I would think a lot of people would say; "Silva has fought Hendo, Nate, Maia, and then a couple cans like Belcher, Leben etc.

And on a side note, How the fuck did Ross Pearson jump into your mind.?
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

True. The UFC HWs are better because they've proven it against...each other?

Oh and Dana said so.
    Fedor is a given. Overeem could maybe do some serious damage.

But if you really think that Werdum, Bigfoot, AA, or Rogers would be a threat to the UFC HW titleholder then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    Like for example, If Silva fights Belcher, when going through Silva's recent opponents, I would think a lot of people would say; "Silva has fought Hendo, Nate, Maia, and then a couple cans like Belcher, Leben etc.
    I'm really curious to see where Belcher's going to go from here. I think he's kind of a wildcard, because if you give him better fighters, he may just continue to beat people. There's no way to know without him being tested. (After all, some believe that he beat Akiyama.)

And on a side note, How the fuck did Ross Pearson jump into your mind.?
    LOL

I was actually trying to think of Aaron Riley, who I consider to be a good, dependendable, mid-level guy at LW. And then I remembered that Pearson beat him. So Pearson took his spot on my mid-level list.
    I heart cock

^^^^^^^^I think he beat Sexy too.

But he will get those Muy Tai shorts beat the fuck off him, if he comes within the same zip code as Silva.

But he will get those Muy Tai shorts beat the fuck off him, if he comes within the same zip code as Silva.
    Yeah, but you drew a line between him and guys like Nate and Maia. Personally, I would like to see him fight either guy. I think it would be competitive either way and both matchups would be very interesting.
    I heart cock

I like Belchers style, he attacks. Not good against Silva. That looks like a matrix style beat down waiting to happen. Im sure Dana would like to make that fight though, just to have Silva KO someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I mean jesus look at Vera ,the guy has all the talent in the world but is completely wasting it by being a pussy and a tard.To me thats a bum not the local guy who busts his ass and does the best he can with what he has
    Honestly, I think that Vera's abilities have been overestimated ever since he knocked out Mir.

I think he's a solid and respectable fighter, hovering somewhere between mid and high-level. I don't hate because I think he's doing the best he can.
    I heart cock

I like Belchers style, he attacks. Not good against Silva.
    So what exactly IS a good style against Silva? Not attacking doesn't work. Attacking doesn't work.

I imagine beating Silva will take someone who attacks, but attacks BETTER than the man himself. Or perhaps a counter-puncher like Machida, but the problem there is that Silva won't attack unless you come at him first.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I mean jesus look at Vera ,the guy has all the talent in the world but is completely wasting it by being a pussy and a tard.To me thats a bum not the local guy who busts his ass and does the best he can with what he has
    Honestly, I think that Vera's abilities have been overestimated ever since he knocked out Mir.

I think he's a solid and respectable fighter, hovering somewhere between mid and high-level. I don't hate because I think he's doing the best he can.
    Just a side note, but someone told me that Vera's former trainer said that he will never live up to his potential because he is a massive stoner.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Just a side note, but someone told me that Vera's former trainer said that he will never live up to his potential because he is a massive stoner.
    Interesting.

I have never heard that, but I wouldn't really doubt it.
    I heart cock

So what exactly IS a good style against Silva?
    Brock

I like Belchers style, he attacks. Not good against Silva.
    So what exactly IS a good style against Silva? Not attacking doesn't work. Attacking doesn't work.

I imagine beating Silva will take someone who attacks, but attacks BETTER than the man himself. Or perhaps a counter-puncher like Machida, but the problem there is that Silva won't attack unless you come at him first.
    Being a counter fighter doesn't necessarily mean you just stand there and wait. You can always come in close and force your opponent to react, then counter him.

As far as beating Silva, I think you're going to need someone who can outstrike him that he can't beat on the ground or in the clinch(unlikely anytime soon) or someone quick enough and well rounded enough to make him respect their striking so they can take him down and hurt him there and not get submitted. I think GSP can beat him this way(although size is an issue), and I think Shogun would school him on the mat and is skilled, quick, savvy and tough enough to get it there. As far as MWs go, I'm not seeing anyone right now that has a realistic shot.

That's my shitty opinion.

As far as MWs go, I'm not seeing anyone right now that has a realistic shot.
    I'm not saying he WILL win, but I genuinely think that this man has a "realistic shot":

I heart cock

I guess he has as good a chance as anyone. Don't be surprised when things don't go his way and he gives up, though.

I think Vitor could do it at MW, thats about it. But I can see him flaking out and mailing it in.

At Light heavy, I think Shogun is probably the only guy. I dont think Machida could do it.

I guess he has as good a chance as anyone. Don't be surprised when things don't go his way and he gives up, though.
    I wouldn't say "as good a chance as anyone" . . . I'd say "a better chance than most" solely because he has the speed and power to land just the right punch. Who else can we say that about that Silva's fought?
    I heart cock

Sonnen can hold him down and beat him up. So could Henderson. Maia could've submitted him. Lots of guys have ways to beat him. I just don't think Vitors path is any more likely.

I honestly think GSP would beat Silva.