Page 52 of 191 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3816

Thread: 2010 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Re: Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Just read Ryan Couture signed with Strikeforce
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    ^^^^ Jesus WTF is that Satanic shit?
    Avenged Sevenfold is actually about as tame as it gets when it comes to metal.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    More or less, yeah, though it depends on what you classify as metal, which is an argument I've gotten into more than once.

Personally, I prefer a rather broad definition that understands that "metal" encompasses a vast array of sub-genres. Even glam, I suppose.

Others, the "true" metal fans, will tell you that it's not metal unless it sounds like Slayer or Lamb of God or some shit like that.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    More or less, yeah, though it depends on what you classify as metal, which is an argument I've gotten into more than once.

Personally, I prefer a rather broad definition that understands that "metal" encompasses a vast array of sub-genres. Even glam, I suppose.

Others, the "true" metal fans, will tell you that it's not metal unless it sounds like Slayer or Lamb of God or some shit like that.
    Yeah, it's a lot of semantics and elitism. Then you've got your Death Metal, Black Metal, Thrash Metal, etc.

I'm not sure how heavy you go, but the more brutal the better for me. I like all kinds of stuff. My favorites include stuff like Dying Fetus, Skinless, Decapitated, Darkthrone, Emperor, Amon Amarth, lots more. But then I also love old Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Pantera, etc.

By the way, for everyone's information, the greatest metal band in history is an easy decision for me:

I heart cock

By the way, for everyone's information, the greatest metal band in history is an easy decision for me:

Hard to argue with that.

Yeah, it's a lot of semantics and elitism.
    Absolutely. I agree. I've gotten into a lot of shit with people on the Megadeth forums about what's metal, what's not, etc. The fucked up thing is that most of those guys will say that Maiden is absolutely metal, but if you look at it objectively, I can easily find Limp Bizkit songs that are heavier than most Maiden songs. So how are we judging this?

I'm not sure how heavy you go, but the more brutal the better for me. I like all kinds of stuff. My favorites include stuff like Dying Fetus, Skinless, Decapitated, Darkthrone, Emperor, Amon Amarth, lots more. But then I also love old Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Pantera, etc.
    I honestly do not get into super-heavy shit. I've tried. When's all crunch-crunch-crunch-growl-growl-growl, it just loses me. I think I prefer more melody--or at least what I consider to be melody--and I like a mixture of real singing with growling/screaming. Probably the heaviest band I listen to regularly is Devil Driver, and I'll occasionally get into some Otep. I tried hard to get into Arch Enemy, but I just can't get past the vocals.

Looking through my music collection, on the rock/metal front it's mostly: Megadeth, Judas Priest, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Bloodsimple, Bullet for My Valentine, Dry Kill Logic, Rammstein, Flaw, Killswitch Engage, Ozzy, Nonpoint, Project 86, Sevendust, Suicidal Tendencies, Static-X.

Lots of nu-metal there, obviously, but it was the music of my generation and I still get into it.
    I heart cock

Hard to argue with that.
    Dude, I've been a Megadeth/Dave Mustaine fan since I was 12 years old. I actually remember the day that I bought my first album. I was with my grandmother and I picked up Countdown to Extinction on cassette at a Sam Goody in Memphis, TN.

I'm very loyal to Megadeth (which is really just the Dave Mustaine project, since the rest of the lineup has changed so much). Dave is actually releasing an autobiography next week and you can bet I'll be in line to get that shit.
    I heart cock

[quote=SPX]
    Yeah, it's a lot of semantics and elitism.
    Absolutely. I agree. I've gotten into a lot of shit with people on the Megadeth forums about what's metal, what's not, etc. The fucked up thing is that most of those guys will say that Maiden is absolutely metal, but if you look at it objectively, I can easily find Limp Bizkit songs that are heavier than most Maiden songs. So how are we judging this?

Quote Originally Posted by "zY|":38sytrkb
    I honestly do not get into super-heavy shit. I've tried. When's all crunch-crunch-crunch-growl-growl-growl, it just loses me. I think I prefer more melody--or at least what I consider to be melody--and I like a mixture of real singing with growling/screaming. Probably the heaviest band I listen to regularly is Devil Driver, and I'll occasionally get into some Otep. I tried hard to get into Arch Enemy, but I just can't get past the vocals.

Looking through my music collection, on the rock/metal front it's mostly: Megadeth, Judas Priest, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Bloodsimple, Bullet for My Valentine, Dry Kill Logic, Rammstein, Flaw, Killswitch Engage, Ozzy, Nonpoint, Project 86, Sevendust, Suicidal Tendencies, Static-X.

Lots of nu-metal there, obviously, but it was the music of my generation and I still get into it.[/quote:38sytrkb]

OH shit I completely forgot about Arch Enemy. That's a chick belting out those growls too!

It takes awhile to get into the really heavy death metal stuff. Melodic death metal is a good starting point. Bands like Amon Amarth, Arsis, older In Flames, Death (the band).

Have you ever tried to listen to any Black Metal? I bet you'd REALLY fucking hate that.

Just wanted to say I dislike metal in pretty much all of its forms. Thought you should know.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Also, after a certain point it mostly becomes about the technicality of the musicians. Death metal drummers are off the charts insane.

OH shit I completely forgot about Arch Enemy. That's a chick belting out those growls too!
    I know. She's kinda hot.

It takes awhile to get into the really heavy death metal stuff. Melodic death metal is a good starting point. Bands like Amon Amarth, Arsis, older In Flames, Death (the band).
    I actually have heard some In Flames stuff. Trigger was a really good song. I'll check out the others you mentioned. I'm always on the lookout for good music.

Have you ever tried to listen to any Black Metal? I bet you'd REALLY fucking hate that.
    I've heard stuff here and there. You're right, I think it's horrible. I don't even get it or understand why anyone would want to listen to it. (Not that I'm judging.) It's not music to me.

I actually watched a documentary on the Norwegian black metal scene called Until the Light Takes Us. Have you seen it?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Just wanted to say I dislike metal in pretty much all of its forms. Thought you should know.
    So what do you listen to?
    I heart cock

I've heard stuff here and there. You're right, I think it's horrible. I don't even get it or understand why anyone would want to listen to it. (Not that I'm judging.) It's not music to me.

I actually watched a documentary on the Norwegian black metal scene called Until the Light Takes Us. Have you seen it?
    Black metal is more about creating a creepy atmosphere than anything. It's hard to explain really. The more symphonic stuff like Emperor's later albums (IX Equilibrium) is much easier to listen to.

And no I haven't seen that, but I can probably guess what it's about. It's probably about Mayhem and the church burnings, maybe with a bit of Faust killing that gay dude sprinkled in. Was it good?

And no I haven't seen that, but I can probably guess what it's about. It's probably about Mayhem and the church burnings, maybe with a bit of Faust killing that gay dude sprinkled in. Was it good?
    That's pretty much it.

It was okay, but based on the trailer, I was actually anticipating the shit for a while and ended up being a little disappointed. You can find a torrent if you're interested.
    I heart cock

Mostly acoustic music anymore. That's what I call it... singer/songwriter stuff. I am a laid back guy, I like music like that. I am also a long time guitar player.

Ray Lamontagne "Gossip in the Grain" is my most recent purchase. I have hist first CD "Trouble" which is a great great album.

He has a really interesting story and he is crazy as hell. If you watch Entourage, he is like that crazy director... except for real.

If you want to hear some good quality music, Ray is the man, Trouble is his best album, Jolene is the best song

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist

+1
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

^^^ I'll keep that in mind. Not familiar with that artist.

I can't say I like to listen to a lot of acoustic stuff. Even the blues guys that I listen to like to plug in.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    +1
    So what do YOU listen to? Tupac and biggie?
    I heart cock

Ray is bluesy. His music is sad. Its is just good quality music with a lot of soul. Check it out, it will help your relax with your 6 pack.