Thread: talk about Jose Aldo moving to 155

talk about Jose Aldo moving to 155

Dana White: Jose Aldo Must Defend Title 'Couple More Times' Before Moving to 155

Following the recent WEC pay-per-view, Dana White expressed interest in seeing Jose Aldo fight the best lightweights in the UFC.

However, now that the dust has settled, White says he would like to see the WEC featherweight champion defend the title "a couple more times" before considering a move to 155 pounds.

"I think that he should defend his title a couple more times, you know, and then, yeah, there's a possibility he could move to [1]55, and that would be fun," White told a group of reporters following UFC 114.

"I actually think that he needs a couple more fights. You know, it's one thing to win the title, but you gotta defend it a few times. And it's not like he went in ... he had a dominant performance against Urijah [Faber], but I think he could have done better. I think he could have stopped him. And that comes with experience. The more times you get in there, you start to feel more and more comfortable."

It appears as though Aldo's next opponent will be Manny Gamburyan, however no one has yet to officially confirm this.

After Gamburyan, it's less clear as to who is next in line. Perhaps the winner of Josh Grispi vs. L.C. Davis at WEC 49?

Either way, it says here that the most intriguing super-fight WEC officials could put together right now is Jose Aldo vs. Benson Henderson. So let's hope we get to see that one first before an Aldo move to the UFC materializes.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: talk about Jose Aldo moving to 155

Aldo is a beast, and I think he would give a lot of trouble to the UFC's 155ers. I think he would decimate Bendo, I have no interest in that.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I think that Aldo could be champion in 3 different weight classes 135, 145 and 155. which would be the first person to do so I believe

Maybe you guys should relax and let him actually defend his title another time or two before we appoint him king of the world.

Before Machida met Shogun he was talking about fighting Brock Lesnar and Fedor.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Maybe you guys should relax and let him actually defend his title another time or two before we appoint him king of the world.

Before Machida met Shogun he was talking about fighting Brock Lesnar and Fedor.
    I totally agree. I said "could be" as in, in the future. I say if he defends his belt 2 or 3 more times and demolishes everyone then he shoudl move up or down

Agreed.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I'm not so sure how he'd fare at Lightweight to be honest. Look at BJ Penn and Mike Brown. those 10-15 pounds DO make a difference sometimes.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u