Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425

Thread: UFC Fight Night 22

Re: UFC Fight Night 22

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    However, excluding TUF 4 which was all vets (Travis Lutter), Efrain is the first TUF winner to be cut from the UFC.
    I still think there was something else. I bet for some behind-the-scenes reason his relationship with the UFC wasn't the best. Maybe it was just the weight cut, but Rumble and Alves are still around and they fuck that shit up all the time, and Alves also lost his last fight that he missed weight just like Efrain.
    I heart cock

Alves never fought like shit in either of the fights he missed weight. Efrain did.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    Alves never fought like shit in either of the fights he missed weight. Efrain did.
    Efrain missed weight on the Cole Miller fight and demolished him.

I'm just saying that there's something more to this story than we know. I'm not saying that missing weight doesn't play into it. I'm just saying that if the UFC had liked Efrain and wanted him around then they wouldn't have cut him. He's a TUF winner. We know how they are about TUF winners. Again, look at Mac Danzig.
    I heart cock

I think the weight thing is the issue. He missed weight twice within a year's time. Alves had a two year gap, a title fight, and brain surgery between his two misses at making weight. I'm not saying Alves is any better but Escudero is finding himself in a situation littered with bad timing. Not to mention he fought like shit against Oliveira on top of not making the weight. It's one thing to miss weight(like Alves against Hughes, Rumble against Yoshida) and come out with a good performance win or lose. It is quite another to miss weight and look scared all fight and get your ass kicked.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    I'm just saying that there's something more to this story than we know. I'm not saying that missing weight doesn't play into it. I'm just saying that if the UFC had liked Efrain and wanted him around then they wouldn't have cut him. He's a TUF winner. We know how they are about TUF winners. Again, look at Mac Danzig.
    Well they were probably pissed that Efrain won TUF, they were hyping Phillipe Nover to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Well they were probably pissed that Efrain won TUF, they were hyping Phillipe Nover to shit.
    That's true.

Goddamn you, Efrain! You ruined everything!
    I heart cock

Back from vacayl.

I had a nice night @ UFN 22... Had Oliveira and Branch, but then lost on Palhares. I ended up clearing 2.5u.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Ultimate Fighting Championship officials have released lightweight John Gunderson following a unanimous-decision loss to Yves Edwards at UFC Fight Night 22.

Gunderson (23-8 MMA, 1-2 UFC) today informed MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) of the news.

Although Gunderson initially contemplated retirement in the event of an octagon exit, he has decided to soldier on.

"My body feels good, and I feel like I have a couple of years left," he said. "I feel I can still perform."

"Quick Guns" said he tired quickly after a grueling first round and was unable to build any momentum in the latter half of the three-round fight. He credited Edwards for excellent submission defense and said he was surprised at the veteran's strength.

Gunderson originally was slated to take on "The Ultimate Fighter 8" winner Efrain Escudero before a series of injuries shuffled the UFC Fight Night 22 lineup. In the end, Edwards, once a legitimate lightweight contender, was brought back to the octagon, and Escudero wound up facing prospect Charles Oliveira.

Escudero fell prey to a third-round submission, and UFC officials also released him on Monday.

It wasn't the first time Gunderson's opponent was changed. He took a fight on two weeks' notice against Rafaello Oliveira at UFC 108, and he was scheduled to meet Paul Taylor at UFC 112 and then The Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale before medical issues prompted Taylor to withdraw from both; instead, he met Mark Holst in the latter event and won a unanimous decision.

Gunderson said he'll now seek a November fight in another promotion.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Back from vacayl.
    Welcome back.

Place hasn't been the same without you.
    I heart cock

^^^^^^^^True dat
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter