Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Bellator 23

Re: Bellator 23

Quote Originally Posted by Svino
    Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Congrats on your wins.
    Thanks. I'm gonna just keep betting these boring-ass top control wrestlers until they destroy the sport.

Agreed. If i get a convertible out of it i'll feel much better.
    1 unit = 300 $

4 dogs tonight and only one was picked... you guys need to up your game.

Quote Originally Posted by wrastler1994
    4 dogs tonight and only one was picked... you guys need to up your game.

YES SIR.

I liked Zoila but just didnt care enough about this event to research,remember it was on ,or even to watch it
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Yeah I forgot it was on until I was channel surfing.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I didnt even watch it .I missed the chick fight and it was the only one I really wanted to see
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke

I didnt even watch it .I missed the chick fight and it was the only one I really wanted to see
    It was fucking sicknasty brutal.

Few words on the fights...

My guy lost in the 1st round, it was an early stoppage though.

I called every fight on the card incorrectly. Every one.

Why did Baker stand an trade with Schlemenko? That was just plain stupid.

MMA scoring is stupid. Freire won that fight. It should have been scored a draw. That first round was definitely a 10-8. If you get knocked down by punches and get totally saved by the bell, it should be an automatic 10-8 round. Warren squeaks by the next 2 rounds with takedowns (that did no damage because they we just little trips) and he wins. That is the the wrong result. Judges need to use the 10-8 or 10-7 more.

I talked to almost every fighter at the show. Zoila Frausto and Jorge Gurgel were standing next to me for all of the fights after hers. It was really open, because there were no seats, so everyone was just milling around. Zoila is very cool and down to earth. I have met Jorge before and he is a man of people, but he still rubs me the wrong way.

Warren is a bigger douche IRL than he is on camera. He had a whole entourage rolling with him and he was just an ass. Also, he is no where near 5'6. Maybe the top of his spike is 5'6. He is more like 5'3 or 5'4. He is a total midget.

Pitbull is really nice and humble. He was just so happy to be there. He acted like he won the lotto or something.. polar opposite from Warren who acts like it is his god given right to be a star.

Schlemenko is maybe the nicest guy I have ever met. He actually bowed to me coming out of the shitter. He only had 1 guy with him the whole time. And he just kind of sat there quietly... I actually felt bad for him because he didn't have anyone to talk to. His posture is like a really shy kid in elemntary school. He looks like a guy you could easily beat the shit out of. Even though we are about the same weight, I am a lot bigger than him.

I highly recommend going to one of the Bellator events if you get the chance, it was better than the Strikeforce event I went to. The open layout was actually really cool. The venue in Louisville is 4th street, which is a bunch of restaurants and bars and stuff. They are all open air so you could sit there and eat at a sidewalk cafe and watch the fights.. which is what I did for several of them.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

+1.25u from Warren. I didnt watch it, I actually forgot all about it. Sounds like I was very luck, sounds like Pitbull either won or it should have been a draw. There needs to be more 10-8 rds or even 10-7 rds.

Thanks for the event report MMA_scientist, sounds like Bellator is putting on some good little shows. Sorry your guy lost, especially by early stoppage.

I really hate "saved by the bell" situations. I've always thought they should be an automatic 10-8, or even allow the ref to keep the round going until there's a break in the action.

Of course, that would have resulted in a Draw at the top of Bellator's big featherweight tournament. Does anyone know what they would do then? Just have an immediate rematch? There ought to be an MMA match format that allows them to keep going until there's a victor, Isner-Mahut style.

Yeah, after the final bell if the judges have it a draw it should go to a fouth or sixth round.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino
    Thanks for the event report MMA_scientist, sounds like Bellator is putting on some good little shows. Sorry your guy lost, especially by early stoppage.

Thanks... he was getting cut open badly with elbows... he had 3 deep gashes that required stitches. He was bleeding everywhere and the ref stopped it. I thought he was just checking the cut, because he there were blows being landed when the stoppage happened.

I mean, we were getting our ass kicked... but we sort of expected him to come on strong then fade and get subbed or knocked out. We were not prepared for the elbows he threw, they were like razors, every one opened a huge gash. The doctor probably would have stopped it at the end of the round anyway because he was cut badly.

I got very angry about the Warren/Pitbull fight when I read about it. But then I watched it on TV and thought that the decision was just. Although I dislike Warren, I don't believe he got a 'gift' decision.

Quote Originally Posted by AC88
    I got very angry about the Warren/Pitbull fight when I read about it. But then I watched it on TV and thought that the decision was just. Although I dislike Warren, I don't believe he got a 'gift' decision.
    How can you think it was just? Even if you gave him the 2nd round, first was 10-8 all day long. Not a single judge scored it properly.

It was just because I knew the judges weren't going to make round 1 a 10-8 round.

I scored it 10-8 Pitbull, 10-9 10-9 Warren. The crown was behind Warren for sure and the place would have went apeshit had the decision went the other way... I expected Warren to get the decision, but that is because I know MMA judges are morons. I was actually surprised one judge gave it to pitbull. I don't think it was a gift by any means, but it was still shit.

Yeah I had money on Warren. I knew he would get the Dec but I also knew pitbull did the only real damage in that fight and came close to finishing it. A real MMA Judge would have given that a 28-28 score but most judges don't want to score it a draw. They did in one Tito fight and the other night with Shalorous..but really they never want to let teh crowd and the promotion down. I think they are scared to do that. Also when i heard people chanting USA USA USA i knew it was a sealed deal. Judges are affected by the people around them. They aren't any different than anyone else, sometimes they dont want to piss off the crowd and if the score is right on the line, almost even i bet Warrens Super American status didn't hurt. The other guy was a foreigner. That sucks for him because he basically whooped Warrens ass.
    1 unit = 300 $

How can you think it was just? Even if you gave him the 2nd round, first was 10-8 all day long. Not a single judge scored it properly.
    I'd say it was "just" in the sense that the fight was scored in exactly the manner that MMA fights are typically scored by American judges. (and therefore, scored in the way that fighters themselves should expect)

It's just that if I were MMA-dictator, I would have the judging done differently.