Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellator 22

Re: Bellator 22

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    I think askren will be subbed in the third.
    The sub might come, but it will be in the first or not at all. Once Askren gets a feel for Hornbuckle's guard, he won't be caught.

Watch, Askren will win the striking and Hornbuckle will take him down.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

LOL at 'top of the food chain'.

I just HOPE Askren gets tapped. He's not quite as cocky and horrible as Joe Warren, but he's up there.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

1u on Askren @ +140

4u to win 4.6u on Askren
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I am going to feel horrible now if Askren goes down with you guys jumping on board... I should have probably mentioned that I feel this fight is about 50/50... But with the line @ +140...

Zy, why LOL at top off the food chain? Because he isn't or because I used a Rogan turn of phrase?

Meh I should have put my money on Askren now that I think about it. The value is definitely on him.

Damn you guys. You're making me want to put money on Askren now. I do see him winning though.

Don't mind me, AC88, I'm chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I just HOPE Askren gets tapped. He's not quite as cocky and horrible as Joe Warren, but he's up there.
    He is annoying. Warren is the worst though- I really want to see him get smashed. I felt so happy when Bibiano armbarred him. Warren is def in my top 5 pfp douchebags in MMA.

I followed Askren's wrestling career and I like his style and his attitude about training, but his personality leaves a lot to be desired.

Warren is just a dick. He dryhumps a B level figher and nearly gets subbed several times, then walks around saying "I am baddest man on the planet." Plus he got banned from the olympics in 2008 for dope smoking, which we all know was to try to mask the roids. Rapist midget cheater who shits on America.

Yeah I was reading a lot about Askren last night. Found out something else interesting.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/13 ... kren-16094

This is an interview with him conducted on Feb 06, 2009.

In it he states that he started training in BJJ a "couple of summers ago".

That means at least 2 summers, maybe 3? summer of 2007, maybe 2006. He has been doing BJJ on some level(possibly very infrequently) for 4 years??

Hornbuckly isnt a grappler on his level. Although there is the Jake Rosholt effect to worry about but he got sub'd by Dan miller and Kendell Grove which prob are a step above Hornb in the grappling department. Also Askren is probably taking BJJ a lot more seriously if he has done what he had to do in order to get invited to ADCC.
    1 unit = 300 $

Also,, it seems to me that Hornbuckles only chance is to knock him out standing...which could very well happen. However I think that if askren can get him down he can most likely hold him there for the entire round if he has to. That means he only has to get him down once or twice a round, depending on how frequently the ref likes to stand them up. His top control is very very active from what i have seen in his fights against Ryan Thomas as well.
    1 unit = 300 $

^^ i remember reading about him startug bjj when he was still in college. So he proabbly started around the same time Hornbuckle did. Askren is a lot better grappler than Rosholt though- the wrestling is close, but Askren is incorporating guard passing and submissions into his game. That should make him more aware of the submissions as well.

I don't think Grove is a better grappler than Hornbuckle. Miller is though. Hornbuckle has 10 submission wins and was ranked in SD top 10 for a while. He is a better fighter than Grove and Miller IMO. But I just think Askren will have the tools to beat him on the ground, where this fight is going to take place, unless Askren walks into something shooting in.

Yeah I didn't really have anything to back up the KG bjj assessment. I just remember him triangling Rosholt with those ridiculiously long legs when I had money on rosholt.
    1 unit = 300 $

A lot of people had money on Rosholt for that one. Maybe even I did. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    Also,, it seems to me that Hornbuckles only chance is to knock him out standing...which could very well happen. However I think that if askren can get him down he can most likely hold him there for the entire round if he has to. That means he only has to get him down once or twice a round, depending on how frequently the ref likes to stand them up. His top control is very very active from what i have seen in his fights against Ryan Thomas as well.
    I agree, he basically has to get three takedowns (one in each round) and then avoid the triangle and upkicks. He likes to pass guard and he is impossible to hold down. Even if Hornbuckle sweeps him, Askren has a freak ability to just roll over (that is how he used to wrestle and also why he is not a godl medalist IMO- he would go to a precarious spot, then just flip over on top... but in freestyle wrestling, you cannot expose your back to the mat at all, it is not a good fit for his style of wrestling). I think he could be world champ in folkstyle, if there was such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AC88
    A lot of people had money on Rosholt for that one. Maybe even I did. Ugh
    I lost 5u on that fight. Grove has a surprising guard. He almost armbarred Almeida. Just, the rest of his grond game is not that solid.

Grove actually did have the armbar on tight and damaged his arm. Almedia talked about it in a post-fight interview. He just didn't tap though.

Grove's length is the only thing keeping him alive in his MMA career right now. If he was 6'1" he'd have gotten smashed in his last 4 straight with relative ease. But because he has the build of a fucking praying mantis his striking looks better than it actually is, his submissions can compensate for the fact that his bottom game is pretty bad all because his limbs are longer than average.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    I agree, he basically has to get three takedowns (one in each round) and then avoid the triangle and upkicks. He likes to pass guard and he is impossible to hold down. Even if Hornbuckle sweeps him, Askren has a freak ability to just roll over (that is how he used to wrestle and also why he is not a godl medalist IMO- he would go to a precarious spot, then just flip over on top... but in freestyle wrestling, you cannot expose your back to the mat at all, it is not a good fit for his style of wrestling). I think he could be world champ in folkstyle, if there was such a thing.

Yeah I was going to say something about Askren Rolling over a lot. I noticed in the Ryan Thomas fight that sometimes Askren would get kinda rolled over or it would look like he was being put into a bad position but I don't think it is really as it appears. I think either it's A: he goes there on purpose because he is looking for a move/position and he doesn't care about being there because he knows he can get back easily. Or B:He'll go for crazy shit that might get him swept because he doesn't care if he is on his back because he knows he will get right back to top position easily. Or it's both A and B which I think may by the case.
    1 unit = 300 $

Hornbuckle's mma experience is worth noting.