Thread: Scott Coker Suggests Fedor vs. Overeem,winner gets Werdum

Scott Coker Suggests Fedor vs. Overeem,winner gets Werdum

"My feeling is maybe Fedor should fight Alistair Overeem and whoever wins that fight gets to fight Fabricio Werdum. I would love to see that fight too, Alistair and Fedor, I would love to see that fight happen."

"Here's the thing, we just saw Fedor fight Werdum; I'm not saying we couldn't do the rematch [Fedor vs. Werdum] first but I'm saying there are a couple options on the table."

"Until we sit down with M-1, we're just talking about different options and that [Fedor vs. Overeem] is one of the options."
    LOL I knew we would never see Overeem-Werdum
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Scott Coker Suggests Fedor vs. Overeem,winner gets Werdu

Interesting. So Fedor gets the title shot even though he lost his last match. Coker must have really been shitting himself when Fedor tapped.

Werdum ruined everything!
    I heart cock

Yeah this makes a lot more sense Coker. Not gonna happen. Fedor wants Werdum.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Yeah this makes a lot more sense Coker. Not gonna happen. Fedor wants Werdum.

I think it'll be Fedor -Werdum II
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Makes sense. The #2 contender fights the champion for a shot at the #1 contender. Coker is kind of an idiot. He doesn't want the belt to mean anything.

This is exactly the formula they used to give Brett Rogers a shot.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

It makes perfect sense to me. Overeem's belt never existed, there was only Fedor's "#1 fighter in the world" belt. Werdum took the "Fedor belt" from Fedor, so now Fedor has to fight Overeem before he gets a shot at getting it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino
    It makes perfect sense to me. Overeem's belt never existed, there was only Fedor's "#1 fighter in the world" belt. Werdum took the "Fedor belt" from Fedor, so now Fedor has to fight Overeem before he gets a shot at getting it back.
    Twisted, but understandable, logic.

The "Fedor's the #1 Fighter in the World" belt. I like it.
    I heart cock

Also, I'm pretty sure Fedor was the linear UFC champion as well. So basically Werdum is the king of the world right now.

Also, I'm pretty sure Fedor was the linear UFC champion as well. So basically Werdum is the king of the world right now.
    Let's see, the first was Coleman, he lost it to Maurice Smith, who lost it to Couture. When Couture lost to Enson Inoue in VT Japan, that should have transferred the title. Then Inoue lost it to Kerr, who lost it to Fujita, who lost it to Fedor.

Holy crap, I never realized that!

Yep. And also, Randy lost his 2nd HW title to Josh Barnett, who lost to Cro Cop, whose next loss was...well you know how this goes.

Well Kimbo was champ of every division unitl he lost to Meathead so I guess that makes Meathead the undisputed champ of MMA
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Well Kimbo was champ of every division unitl he lost to Meathead so I guess that makes Meathead the undisputed champ of MMA
    I don't know about that, but your comment prompted me to wonder what happened to the EliteXC Heavyweight belt. Turns out Antonio Silva won it by beating Justin Ellers, and of course, Silva's next loss was to Werdum.

All your belts are belong to Werdum!

I don't know about that, but your comment prompted me to wonder what happened to the EliteXC Heavyweight belt. Turns out Antonio Silva won it by beating Justin Ellers, and of course, Silva's next loss was to Werdum.

You must have missed the day we did MMA math . Meathead is the champ of the world:

Matt Mitrione>Kimbo>Ray Mercer>Tim Sylvia>Andrei Arlovski>Pe de Pano>Frank Mir>Brock Lesnar

Matt Mitrione>Kimbo>Tank Abbott>James Thompson>Hidehiko Yoshida>Maurice Smith>Mark Coleman>Shogun Rua

Matt Mitrione>Kimbo>Tank Abbott>James Thompson>Hidehiko Yoshida>Mark Hunt>Wanderlei Silva>Dan Henderson>Ryo Chonan>Anderson Silva

Matt Mitrione>Kimbo>Houston Alexander>Alessio Sakara>Thales Leites>Pete Sell>Phil Baroni>Dave Menne>Dennis Hallman>Matt Hughes>Georges St Pierre

Matt Mitrione>Kimbo>Houston Alexander>Keith Jardine>Forrest Griffin>Tito Ortiz>Patrick Cote>Ricardo Almeida>Ryo Chonan>Mach Sakurai>Jens Pulver>BJ Penn

It just need updated so he can be the 155 champ since BJ got beat
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke

You must have missed the day we did MMA math . Meathead is the champ of the world:

Matt Mitrione>Kimbo>Ray Mercer>Tim Sylvia>Andrei Arlovski>Pe de Pano>Frank Mir>Brock Lesnar

Matt Mitrione>Kimbo>Tank Abbott>James Thompson>Hidehiko Yoshida>Maurice Smith>Mark Coleman>Shogun Rua

Matt Mitrione>Kimbo>Tank Abbott>James Thompson>Hidehiko Yoshida>Mark Hunt>Wanderlei Silva>Dan Henderson>Ryo Chonan>Anderson Silva

Matt Mitrione>Kimbo>Houston Alexander>Alessio Sakara>Thales Leites>Pete Sell>Phil Baroni>Dave Menne>Dennis Hallman>Matt Hughes>Georges St Pierre

Matt Mitrione>Kimbo>Houston Alexander>Keith Jardine>Forrest Griffin>Tito Ortiz>Patrick Cote>Ricardo Almeida>Ryo Chonan>Mach Sakurai>Jens Pulver>BJ Penn

It just need updated so he can be the 155 champ since BJ got beat
    Ok but Meathead lost to McSweeney on the show, and McSweeney once lost to Mustafa Al-Turk, who lost to Cro Cop, who lost to Fedor, who lost to Werdum and we're back where we started from.

Werdum.

So just some I scoring this correct. You lose your eliminator fight, you get the title shot?

Worked for Bert Rogers, worked for Fyodor.

I really like Strikeforce, but Coker is a fuckin idiot.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    So just some I scoring this correct. You lose your eliminator fight, you get the title shot?

Worked for Bert Rogers, worked for Fyodor.

I really like Strikeforce, but Coker is a fuckin idiot.
    It doesn't matter what Coker thinks anyways. Ken Hershmann from Showtime runs that shit.

Exhibit A of why the UFC won't relinquish creative control just to be on a big network.

Exhibit A of why the UFC won't relinquish creative control just to be on a big network.
    QFT
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Well, if Dana was runnin Strikeforce, Lashley would have fought Randy Couture for the belt. Randy coming off a loss, so that fits the UFC title shot formula too.

Pro wrestling > all other styles for getting title shot.

Randy = perpetual # contender.

You can shit on Strikeforce, but the UFC is every bit as bad or worse about their titles
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Despite M-1 Global's claims that there's nothing left to negotiate before the third and final fight on Fedor Emelianenko's contract with Strikeforce, Strikeforce says at least one issue does need to be negotiated: A champion's clause in the contract that would prevent Fedor from leaving to fight in another promotion if he becomes the Strikeforce champion.

M-1 Global says it wants Fedor's next fight to be a rematch with Fabricio Werdum, who beat Fedor on June 26. But Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker has said that his preferred option for Fedor's next fight is a bout with Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem, and Strikeforce spokesman Mike Afromowitz told MMAFighting.com that a champion's clause is going to be negotiated.

Although Coker has been derided by some of the MMA media for suggesting that Fedor should fight for the Strikeforce title after losing to Werdum, it actually could be a shrewd business move: If there's a champion's clause in effect, a Fedor-Overeem title fight would ensure either that Fedor stays with Strikeforce after becoming its champion, or that Fedor leaves Strikeforce on a two-fight losing streak. On the other hand, if Strikeforce books M-1 Global's preferred option of Fedor-Werdum 2, Fedor could win the fight and then be free to leave the promotion.

M-1 Global Director of Operations Evgeni Kogan did not respond to a question regarding a champion's clause. Strikeforce sources have said they felt burned by the lack of a champion's clause in the contract of middleweight champion Jake Shields, who is planning to leave Strikeforce and sign with the UFC, and that Strikeforce has no intention of putting another fighter in a title fight without a champion's clause in place.

In other words, Strikeforce wants to book Fedor vs. Overeem, with an assurance that Fedor can't walk away if he wins. M-1 Global wants to book Fedor vs. Werdum, with Fedor a free agent after the fight. That's a significant difference between the two sides that will need to be ironed out before we see Fedor back in the Strikeforce cage.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP