SPX 1-5 -3.33
    YoungTRK484 1-0 +.5
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: UFC 119 results

We fucking suck.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    We fucking suck.
    No shit. We have all (or at least most of us) been in a slump for a little while now, I've noticed. I know I for damn sure have. The last 3 or 4 weeks or so have been the absolute worst that I've ever experienced. It's really pissing me off. I can't seem to win a bet anymore.
    I heart cock

This has been by far the worst year I have had betting MMA. Conversely, this has been by far the best year I have had betting Baseball, so whatever.........

I think lines are getting sharper personally
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I think lines are getting sharper personally
    Fuck that.
    I heart cock

Nah, it has just been some unexpected results... just have to tighten up a little.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Nah, it has just been some unexpected results. . .
    Fuck that, too.
    I heart cock

I knew I should have just loaded up on Grant, and took a flyer on all the other fights.

My Hunt pick was a complete egg on face pick. should have not even have bet 1 unit at his price.

Beltran not so bad, but Mittrione was still the right side.

And Stephens was the right side, but the judges seem to like guys who either move around alot and do nothing, or take you down and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    My Hunt pick was a complete egg on face pick.
    This.

Completely flipped my night around.

Beltran not so bad, but Mittrione was still the right side.
    I would probably still take Beltran again at 2:1 or better.

And Stephens was the right side, but the judges seem to like guys who either move around alot and do nothing, or take you down and do nothing.
    I think Stephens won the fight. He seemed to have all of the significant strikes of the fight. Guillard danced around a lot, like you say, but didn't really do much actual fighting.
    I heart cock

Yea, just a really weird night of fights.

Some people lost big on Dunham(who should have won), some lost on Stephens(who should have won).

I really do not think anyone really made any bad mistakes this card, it just did not work out very wellfor anyone(except burgertech).

I am just glad I was not able to get Hunt at even money. I could have done much worse. Would have been real nice to be able to get Tavares @ -145 in Vegas though.

sbjj, Who did you think won the Nog/Bader fight?

OK, keep in mind that I was watching it on my MAC on what I would consider a decent stream. But I think I would have scored it 29-28 Nog. I know that is not what most seem to think, but I though(just my opinion) that Nog clearly won Rd. 3, and edged out Rd.2.

it just looked like on my comp. that after Rd. 1 Bader was constantly backing up and not really engaging. The fight I viewed did not look like a 30-27 Bader victory at all. And I have no reason to be biased, as I had no money on it, and could honestly care less who won.

I am just really of the mindset that judges are giving to many points for takedowns...I view a takedown as the equivalent of one landed punch. Dragging a fighter to the mat would be a good stiff jab, a nice judo throw or big slam might be a good flashy power punch.

OK, keep in mind that I was watching it on my MAC on what I would consider a decent stream. But I think I would have scored it 29-28 Nog. I know that is not what most seem to think, but I though(just my opinion) that Nog clearly won Rd. 3, and edged out Rd.2.

it just looked like on my comp. that after Rd. 1 Bader was constantly backing up and not really engaging. The fight I viewed did not look like a 30-27 Bader victory at all. And I have no reason to be biased, as I had no money on it, and could honestly care less who won.

I am just really of the mindset that judges are giving to many points for takedowns...I view a takedown as the equivalent of one landed punch. Dragging a fighter to the mat would be a good stiff jab, a nice judo throw or big slam might be a good flashy power punch.
    100% agree with everything except the part about having money on it...LOL

Bader clearly won the 1st IMO, after that, Nog was stalking him, stuffing almost all takedowns. When Bader got the takedown in the 2nd and 3rd, he did nothing. Im not saying Nog was blasting away, but he was pressing the action, and out landing Bader in rounds 2 and 3.

The judge that scored it 30-27 for Bader should be beat raped.

Ill get my money back when Bader fights Bones.

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak

100% agree with everything except the part about having money on it...LOL

Bader clearly won the 1st IMO, after that, Nog was stalking him, stuffing almost all takedowns. When Bader got the takedown in the 2nd and 3rd, he did nothing. Im not saying Nog was blasting away, but he was pressing the action, and out landing Bader in rounds 2 and 3.

The judge that scored it 30-27 for Bader should be beat raped.

Ill get my money back when Bader fights Bones.
    Didnt all 3 judges score it 30-27?

Thats what really had me scratching my head.

It just really perplexes me that fighter A can outland fighter B on the feet for 80% of a round, and then Fighter B gets a takedown at the end of the round(does nothing with it), and can steal a round.

I mean you can at least make a case that the fighter outlanding the other fighter on the feet is attempting to do damage or finish a fight. A fighter who takes a guy down and does nothing, is like a stand up fighter landing a jab and then dancing around the rest of the round.

Yeah, its like, first guy to get the takedown wins the round. I know there is a ton of shit we can complain about in MMA Judging (see Dunham/Sherk) But since I lost this one, Im bitching. LOL

I scored it 30-27 Bader as well and I never score takedowns unless nothing else is happening. I don't recall Nog outboxing Bader or doing anything other than getting taken down.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

And I bet on Nog too.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit