Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 119 Sept 25th

Re: UFC 119 Sept 25th

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Fans. All the time. If only subconsciously. Maybe some judges, too.
    But I don't because I know how to score MMA fights.

In order to get a 10-8, but definition, there has to be "damage" and "domination." One without the other doesn't get a 10-8. Hence a dominant LnP round is not a 10-8 even though one guy was clearly in control.
    Again, I know how to score fights. There's no such thing as a dominant 'LnP' round.

Kizer should spend less time waxing philosophical and just unload those corpses he keeps around for judges. The current system works fine if you have competent people utilizing it.

And also stop entertaining stupid ideas like Doc Hamilton's redundant half point system. 10-9.5? 10-9? 10-8.5? What's the point of this? Last time I checked, there were more whole numbers than 10 and 9. Just use them, like the current system allows. What a waste of time.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Also, I don't know where you got your definition of 10-8, but the Unified Rules only state

"A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round."

There is nothing about damage in here.

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    And also stop entertaining stupid ideas like Doc Hamilton's redundant half point system. 10-9.5? 10-9? 10-8.5? What's the point of this? Last time I checked, there were more whole numbers than 10 and 9. Just use them, like the current system allows. What a waste of time.
    When did I ever say anything about Doc's system?

In any case, I think it's okay, but I agree that we probably don't need it.
    I heart cock

Also, I don't know where you got your definition of 10-8. . .
    10-8 = damage and domination came from a discussion I had with Tennessee commissioner Jeff Mullen.
    I heart cock

If you are going to use a scoring system, the one we have is fine. I just think they need to be more liberal with the 10-8, 10-7, and 10-10.

But I just think certain things should not score, or score way way less. To me, a takedown in and of itself, means nothing. Sub attempts are hard to score too, because you don't know when a guy is just head grabbing and when it is actually close... You see guys hold guillotines forever, and having been in a lot of them usually they are not close to choking, but I still can't get my head out...

Personally, I would be all over no time limit fights. But I realize that most people would not be interested in that.

Bottom line, we need more educated judges, that is all there is to it.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Also, I don't know where you got your definition of 10-8. . .
    10-8 = damage and domination came from a discussion I had with Tennessee commissioner Jeff Mullen.
    Well that's his entirely his interpretation because the rules of MMA say nothing about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Bottom line, we need more educated judges, that is all there is to it.
    Yup.

Well that's his entirely his interpretation because the rules of MMA say nothing about that.
    Bear in mind that the sport we call "MMA" is being shaped and fashioned by the commissions and commissioners. We act like that shit belongs to us, but it really doesn't.
    I heart cock

I'm just telling you what the rules say. Podunk commissions in Tennessee need to do as they're told and follow the real commissions like New Jersey and Nevada, not make up their own shit.

I'm just telling you what the rules say. Podunk commissions in Tennessee need to do as they're told and follow the real commissions like New Jersey and Nevada, not make up their own shit.
    Mullen's actually highly respected. When I did the article on the scoring system, I was told specifically to get his thoughts. It was "Keith Kizer, Jeff Mullen in Tennessee, and one other of your choosing. . ."
    I heart cock

But I just think certain things should not score, or score way way less. To me, a takedown in and of itself, means nothing.
    I think takedowns should be scored more on their severity. I feel like they have an "artificially" weak value in some cases, because the fighters are on mats. A lot of slam/takedowns would end a real fight instantly if the surface were concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino
    But I just think certain things should not score, or score way way less. To me, a takedown in and of itself, means nothing.
    I think takedowns should be scored more on their severity. I feel like they have an "artificially" weak value in some cases, because the fighters are on mats. A lot of slam/takedowns would end a real fight instantly if the surface were concrete.

Rampage would have killed Sakuraba if it had been concrete...
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    Rampage would have killed Sakuraba if it had been concrete...
    I'd say, "No one would be crazy enough to hold onto a triangle or armbar if they were picked up over concrete.", but then there was that incident on TUF...

Has the Nog/Bader fight metric been released yet? I cant find it.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thought this was funny.......

Dana White made a controversial move last night when he opted not to award Frank Mir the ‘Knockout Of The Night’ bonus despite the fact his last minute KO of Mirko Cro Cop in the main event of UFC 119 was the only one on the entire card.

Mir admitted himself that despite the KO he was disappointed with his own performance in what was undeniably an extremely lackluster fight, and he made no mention of being overlooked for the $70,000 bonus after the fight.

If Frank Mir’s son Marcus’ angry comments on twitter since the fight are anything to go by then it seems that behind the scenes the Mir family are fuming about the snub.

“wow i cant believe my dad @thefrankmir didnt get knockout of the night!!”

“f*ck that sh*t dude! no knockout of the night?! thats some damn bullsh*t! !”

“no KO of the night! i bet if cro cock got a last minute KO hed get KO of the night”

“even if you dont like someone, you cant do that to a fighter who trained soo hard and went out and knocked out a legend in the sport!!”

“@danawhite is just trying to blow this whole thing off but i know hes mad that @thefrankmir KO one of the best in the sport so hes srugglin to handle that fact right now!!! so let him drive away on his lil yellow lambo an keep hatin!! hes mad he will never get a chance to get in the cage and do what these guys do!! so lets enjoy ourselves and let him hate!”

Frank Mir has still stayed silent on the matter, but both his wife Jennifer and the ‘Team Mir’ twitter accounts also expressed some disbelief at the decision, though in less heated terms than his son.

So far Dana White has shown no indication of backing down on the matter though, telling one fan:

“You think mir should be bonused for that AMAZING performance last nite! Lmfao!”

There have been signs for a while that their relationship has been somewhat strained. Earlier in the year Mir had made a comment stating he hoped his nemesis Brock Lesnar would die in the octagon. Needless to say that didn’t go down to well with White who forced the fighter to make a public apology.

Shortly afterwards Mir was relieved from his co-commentator duties at the UFC’s sister promotion the WEC, though Zuffa denied it was a direct response to the comments.

The bonus snub certainly doesn’t help to mend any bridges, and Mir’s son’s heated comments have the potential to widen the rift between them even further.

Update:

Marcus Mir has now sent out another message on twitter apologizing for his irate remarks in the wake of Dana White’s decision.

“I apologize for my inappropriate language towards dana white,just mad that the first fight that doesnt get KO of the night happens to my dad”

It appears that his twitter account has since been deleted. Looks like his dad might have had a word with him about it before he caused any further damage.

Kind of funny, but I agree that, considering Mir was the only one of the entire night who got a KO, he deserved the bonus. I'd be pissed, too. Besides, it was a decent knockout, regardless of what happened the rest of the fight.
    I heart cock

Interesting..........
    MMA agent Malki Kawa believes a lack of communication led to an unfortunate public scene involving his former client, UFC heavyweight Matt Mitrione.

Mitrione defeated Joey Beltran by unanimous decision at this past Saturday's UFC 119 event and then made the highly unusual move of firing Kawa during his post-fight interview, which aired live on Spike TV.

And while Kawa is unhappy with his own performance leading up to the event, he today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the deck was stacked against him and that he'd like to clear the air with Mitrione.

"He's a great guy," Kawa said. "He just doesn't understand how it should get done, and I didn't get the chance to sit down and operate with him the way I normally would with anybody else."

Backstage after the fight, Mitrione told MMAFighting.com that Kawa had written his own pink slip by securing a mere $5,000 in sponsorships for the Sept. 25 fight. To boot, he claimed Kawa disrespected his wife in communications about how much money he would receive.

"We were asking him, 'Who did you get? Who do I need to get on my shorts?'" Mitrione said. "The answers I get are, 'Your wife's bothering me about stuff that's not her business.' Really? My wife? It's not her business about my money? He was out of line in a lot of ways."

Kawa, however, said Mitrione already was sponsored by Hitman Fight Gear and made more sponsorship money than the figure he disclosed.

"The number is accurate as far as the actual sponsors on his shorts," Kawa told MMAjunkie.com. "But he made more than $5,000 for this fight. If I'm not mistaken, the number is $7,500, or even more with Hitman as a shirt and shorts sponsor."

Kawa said Mitrione hired him to negotiate fight contracts and sponsorships four weeks prior to UFC 119. But there was also an agreement that a member of Mitrione's family would be in charge of sponsorships for the fight. That changed not long after the ink dried on the new deal.

"His family member calls me three weeks out from the fight and says, 'Dude, I've got absolutely nothing going on,' and he asked me if I had anything going on," Kawa said. "I said, 'I've got it.'"

But efforts to secure other money hit a snag with Mitrione's existing sponsorship.

"The issue is when he did that deal with [Hitman], they restricted him on doing certain things, and it handcuffed me at first," Kawa said. "[Hitman] turned down sponsorships that I've done before and gotten permission to do. Sponsors started shying away. No big deal. I still found other things and still got some things done, and I got him $5,000."

The agent also confirmed he was in close contact with Mitrione's wife in the weeks prior to the event but was not specifically authorized to discuss the fighter's finances.

"I never told his wife that anything was none of her business," he said. "I would never speak that way to anybody's wife. I might tell the fighter it's none of their business because it really isn't if they don't want it to be.

"If a wife calls me or a father calls me and asks me how much [the fighter] is making, I'm not allowed to say that unless the fighter tells me it's OK to say that. I was never told that I was allowed to say that to his wife."

"[Mitrione] said, 'Keep her in the loop, and let her know what's going on.' I did that to my best ability."

Kawa believes the rift deepened when there was another snag in getting Mitrione's fight-night clothing. It took Kawa a week to receive Mitrione's fight shorts and shirt, he said, because the clothing company's warehouse was moving after its recent buyout. Instead of Hitman apparel, he sent TapouT gear, which prompted a back and forth about who was sponsoring Mitrione. (Toronto-based merchandiser Authentic Brands Group purchased Hitman along with Silver Star Casting Company and TapouT earlier this month.)

"TapouT can choose who to put him with," said Kawa of a text to Mitrione's wife. "Don't worry about it. 'This is my business,' is what I said. There's nothing that you would have been able to do if the circumstances were as such. I think she took the fact that I said, 'This is my business,' as saying it's none of her business.

"I think that's where the miscommunication came because I've never once disrespected that lady, ever. I never would. I never have. I never will."

To complicate matters, Kawa said Mitrione was recovering from stomach flu during the mix-ups. Still, the two had a final exchange just prior to the fight.

"He asked me straight what he was making," Kawa said. "A few hours later, I got a [Blackberry instant message] saying, 'Are you happy with what you did?' I said, 'Considering all the circumstances and everything you have around you, this is the best I could do.' I didn't want to get into details because he was getting ready for a fight. He just got off being sick."

Kawa has not communicated with Mitrione since then, though he's open to dialogue with the fighter.

Mitrione did not respond to a request for comment today.

"If he's willing to take the call and talk it out like two men, I'd be more than happy to do so," Kawa said. "I like Matt. I just don't think he understood what was going on. Unfortunately for me, I should have called him before the fight and talked about it.

"I think that's why I'm disappointed in all of this. ... It's not like I had three months to sit down and work on a deal for him, the way I do for Jon Jones, Thiago Alves, Carlos Condit and my other guys. He can call any of my fighters, and they'll all tell him they made the most money with me. I look forward to working with them again if the opportunity arises."

Interesting. I remember that comment but I thought it was some kind of inside joke. Didn't know there was some serious shit going on right then.
    I heart cock

-3.75u

I friended sean mccorkle on facebook. I told him I thought he would have trouble with hunt because he is a "badass kickboxer" and he said "i thought i would too after he stuffed the first takedown"
    1 unit = 300 $