Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1204

Thread: UFC 121 Lesnar vs Velasquez

Re: UFC 121 Lesnar vs Velasquez

I also don't understand the UFC getting all mad at Shields. They're the one that wanted him at WW, IIRC, even though he'd stated numerous times he feels better at MW. He hadn't fought at 170 in over 2 years.

So a guy cut too much weight and looked like shit? Again, big surprise.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

^^^ Where have you read that they're mad at him?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    ^^^ Where have you read that they're mad at him?
    Ok, not mad, but you get comments like this from Dana

"That’s ridiculous to cut 20 pounds in a day. That’s stupid… "

Well...

Well since we seen how good chael, a wrestler, did against anderson I'd like to see shields go back to 185 and fight him
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Well since we seen how good chael, a wrestler, did against anderson I'd like to see shields go back to 185 and fight him
    Jake is slow and has awful penetration but once he gets in, Anderson would be going down and getting schooled. He's got a tough enough chin to take some shots too. I think Shields would make him look foolish.

I wonder what the line will be on JDS/Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    I don't know, but I'm on JDS for anything better than -10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000042.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    I don't know, but I'm on JDS for anything better than -10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000042.
    Wow.

Cain is going to beat his ass.

While I think JDS is a tougher matchup(style wise) for Cain. I still favor Cain. I believe Cain can take JDS down. And I believe there is a strong chance that JDS is exhausted by midway through the fight. Cain might just push JDS to limits he has never seen. He was slowing down in the Nelson fight because Nelson was making him fight...what happens when he has Cain taking him down actually making him wrestle to get up?

I see Cain installed as a -150 fave. And i might be inclined to make a small play on Cain at that price.

BUT, I think this is a much more dangerous fight for Cain then the Lesnar fight was. The right play might be no bet.

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    You apologize for that when you hear ". . . and NEWWWWWWWWWWWWW heavyweight champion of the world!"
    I heart cock

You apologize for that when you hear ". . . and NEWWWWWWWWWWWWW heavyweight champion of the world!"
    You don't get how special of a fighter Cain is. JdS is great, but I think he'll succumb to Cain's pressure eventually. sbjj knows what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    While I think JDS is a tougher matchup(style wise) for Cain. I still favor Cain. I believe Cain can take JDS down. And I believe there is a strong chance that JDS is exhausted by midway through the fight. Cain might just push JDS to limits he has never seen. He was slowing down in the Nelson fight because Nelson was making him fight...what happens when he has Cain taking him down actually making him wrestle to get up?

I see Cain installed as a -150 fave. And i might be inclined to make a small play on Cain at that price.

BUT, I think this is a much more dangerous fight for Cain then the Lesnar fight was. The right play might be no bet.
    I think you make some good points here. Obviously my post was a semi-joke. I think that Cain can win, and might win, but I've been riding the JDS warwagon for a while now and I intend to keep riding on the way to the title.

JDS has good TDD. I know Cain's a super-wrestler and all, and maybe that will be enough to take JDS down and keep him down, but that's far from a foregone conclusion. And on the feet, JDS should win convincingly.

At underdog odds, I am all over JDS.
    I heart cock

You don't get how special of a fighter Cain is. JdS is great, but I think he'll succumb to Cain's pressure eventually. sbjj knows what's up.
    Maybe Cain's one of those fighters where I'll just never believe the hype. Kind of like how a lot of people are with Mir. I'm not saying Cain's no good--he's obviously very good--but him being champ seems like something of a sham.
    I heart cock

Maybe Cain's one of those fighters where I'll just never believe the hype. Kind of like how a lot of people are with Mir. I'm not saying Cain's no good--he's obviously very good--but him being champ seems like something of a sham.
    A sham? Now I know you're trolling. If anything, Lesnar being champ was the sham.

Also, JdS has great offense standing. But let's not pretend he's Floyd Mayweather on the feet. The dude leaves himself exposed and he's extremely hittable. Cain will hit him hard.

A sham? Now I know you're trolling. If anything, Lesnar being champ was the sham.
    It's kind of how I feel about Ben Henderson. I mean, obviously the guy is a great fighter, or at least a very good one. But I just can't quite accept him as champion.

Probably the best way to put it is that instead of feeling like he's the best, I just feel like he hasn't run up against the right challenger yet.
    I heart cock

I am with you Zy, I actually believe Cain could be the GSP of the HW division. Outwrestle guys who pose a danger on the feet, and blast guys out who are good wrestlers.

The one thing that worries me about the JDS match up is that Cain still loves to trade(which is good and bad), but leaves him somewhat open to a guy like JDS. The JDS fight scares me much more than the Lesnar fight did.

I have been on the JDS war wagon as well...he is one of my favorite HWs, and I thought he would beat Brock, but I do not see him beating Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj

I think you make some good points here. Obviously my post was a semi-joke. I think that Cain can win, and might win, but I've been riding the JDS warwagon for a while now and I intend to keep riding on the way to the title.

JDS has good TDD. I know Cain's a super-wrestler and all, and maybe that will be enough to take JDS down and keep him down, but that's far from a foregone conclusion. And on the feet, JDS should win convincingly.

At underdog odds, I am all over JDS.

And i would not fault you at all. Like I said, i really do believe that this fight should be close(line wise). But I think with a good gameplan, this is Cains fight to lose.