Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3434849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1204

Thread: UFC 121 Lesnar vs Velasquez

Re: UFC 121 Lesnar vs Velasquez

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    So, in some alternate universe he'd be dangerous to Cain. I agree.

And of course he's dangerous for a few minutes.
    Do you feel that Carwin's cardio problem is unfixable?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    I think Cain destroys Mir. But i do agree that Carwin presents problems for the first round, maybe round and a half.

On a side note, Cain does not get his wrestling credit in MMA because of the way he takes guys down IMO. He does not pick guys up and slam them. But he mixes his strikes and takedowns well, and he just knows when to go for the takedown.

The reason I will most likely stay away from this fight is because of what Scientist was saying. IMO, this fight has far more questions to be answered than the Lesnar fight did.
    Cain's takedowns are technical brilliance and he always lands on the back or in side control.
    Oh, I agree. i think his TDs are the best at heavy. Once he gets ahold of you, you are pretty much done. I also think he is much stronger than people give him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX

i actually think it might be. the guy is just too big, too musclebound, and is no spring chicken.

Cain would probably have to stand with Carwin for at least a round. If Carwin's cardio is fixed, he is a problem for any HW. Even without cardio, he has at least a 40% chance of knocking you unconscious with a six inch punch.

Mir has shown he can strike now. Cain still has question marks on the ground, so I see no reason to rule out Frank subbing him. I would favor Cain for sure, but I would not be confident.

I think Cain is good, but not special. Just my opinion.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

His problem vs Brock was simply pacing. Brock did the same thing vs Cain. Came out like a freight train and expended a ton of energy. If Carwin fought Cain he would probably gas the same way because Cain wouldn't let him slow down to where he needs to to last for any amount of time. To beat Cain, Carwin would have to either overwhelm him early or find a way to control the pace. The latter of which isn't likely considering Carwin's inferior skills.

These huge guys will simply never have the same conditioning as a guy like Cain. It's fucking science.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    I think Cain is good, but not special. Just my opinion.
    Yeah but you think guys like Hendricks are special so...

i actually think it might be. the guy is just too big, too musclebound, and is no spring chicken.
    Well one thing we haven't seen is what his second round is like when he doesn't just go batshit crazy trying to finish a fight.

It's kind of like Akiyama. Leben made Akiyama fight at a fast pace and Akiyama was already very tired by the second round, much more so than he was in either the Belcher or Bisping fights.

Tom Lawlor also looked a lot better cardio wise in the Cote fight, and again, it was a different kind of fight than his two previous encounters.
    I heart cock

What I didn't liek about Carwin was how he folded so easy when he was gassed. I can forgive his gassing because he basically threw 5 minutes worth of bombs trying to finish, almost anyone would gas after that. But being gassed is one thing, Carwin was a wet noodle. Akiyama was gassed, but he kept figting. Shields was gassed, but he just kept going. Carwin folded like a lawnchair, Rolles Gracie style.

Carwin did fold faster than Superman on laundry day.

Brock Lesnar heading to Russia to train with Fedor Emelianenko

by Jane Dorian on Oct 25, 2010 1:03 PM PDT

ANAHEIM, CALIF. - Before Lesnar left the Honda Center after his first loss in nearly two years, the former Gophers wrestling star stopped briefly to tell an observer that the beating he took hadn't broken him.

Brian Stegeman, Lesnar's manager, mentioned that Brock Lesnar flew to his home in Alexandria, Minn., immediately after the match. He told us that the former champion is keeping his head up and will continue to improve.

Lesnar has made it clear that this wasn't his final stand and that he will work his way back to the top but not in the way you think.

"He made it clear to us that he wants to completely change his training and for the first time will be traveling to train for his next fight. This struck us as very odd. Brock hates to travel - this loss really lit a fire up under his, you know what," Marty Morgan, Lesnar's head coach told us.

Erik Paulson also commented with some surprising details, "He made it very specific that he wants to train with Fedor. Right now he is going to travel with his family to Canada and take some time off. We have been able to make contact with Fedor and his camp and right now they are just making a schedule. Marty will be going with him along with a personal translator."

To some people, this comes as no surprise. Lesnar's work ethic and desire to be the best is far above any other competitor in the UFC. Marty Morgan mentions that Fedor's camp will not be the last stop either, "He wants to spend a camp with Fedor, away from everything, just to focus on his training. After that, he will be returning to the United States and will likely go through a second training camp and it won't be at Death Clutch gym."
    http://www.mmamania.com/2010/10/25/1773 ... melianenko

LOL. What a crock of shit.

Crock of shit, why?

I feel like you just have something against Brock. It seems like nothing he ever does is good or legitimate to you.

BTW, very interesting news.
    I heart cock

You just believe what you want to believe.

I'm saying I don't believe it because it's really far-fetched. It's not April 1st is it?

I agree it sounds far fetched.
    I heart cock

LOL the link is gone.

Damn it.
    I heart cock

Damn, I was hoping that was true.

More wacky Brock news/rumors:

Dave Meltzer has confirmed that World Wrestling Entertainment has made an offer to Brock Lesnar to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania.

The news was kept secret from the majority of the creative team, and there has been a lot of talk today with people asking what the latest was.

It's thought that Lesnar will not be saying anything publicly for at least two weeks.
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/27 ... stlemania/
    I heart cock

[youtube:vz4osyxz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py3J3ZFvuHg[/youtube:vz4osyxz]

JDS is such a pimp. This dude didn't speak a word of English 2 years ago and here he is doing interviews unaided. His accent is pretty natural too.

More wacky Brock news/rumors:

Dave Meltzer has confirmed that World Wrestling Entertainment has made an offer to Brock Lesnar to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania.

The news was kept secret from the majority of the creative team, and there has been a lot of talk today with people asking what the latest was.

It's thought that Lesnar will not be saying anything publicly for at least two weeks.
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/27 ... stlemania/
    LOL yeah. I'm guessing that's what the Undertaker meant by his "You wanna do it?" comment.

But, that shit isn't happening.

Cain might just push JDS to limits he has never seen. He was slowing down in the Nelson fight because Nelson was making him fight...what happens when he has Cain taking him down actually making him wrestle to get up?
    This
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter