Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111656 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 121 Lesnar vs Velasquez

Re: UFC 121 Lesnar vs Velasquez

Nice test for Shields... Kampmann impressed the hell out of me against Thiago, but I think Shields will win it.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Nice test for Shields... Kampmann impressed the hell out of me against Thiago, but I think Shields will win it.
    agree on both counts.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Shields should win, if Kampmann doesn't sprawl and brawl him to death. That Technical striking is a killer for a guy like Shields.

I think in a three round fight Shields can win a decision. I don't see Kampmann having enough time in fifteen minutes to land the amount of strikes he'd need to for a TKO. I also don't think he can avoid the takedown forever while doing it in a three round fight. I'd put this at a 60-40 scenario leaning toward Shields.

The likely outcome is Shields will eventually get the takedown after eating a bunch of punches that didn't collectively scramble his eggs and ride Kampmann out or submit him from top position.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

^^^ If you think its 60/40 for Shields you wont be betting him .I'm guessing the line is going alot higher than 60/40 but I could be wrong
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Your right, Luke, I probably won't touch this fight either way. I want to see how Shields stacks up against a top level measuring stick. Thats not to say Kampmann is anywhere near top flight but he just exposed one guy who was over hyped, and he has the skill set to expose Shields if Shields is indeed not on par to be in the UFC. This fight will help Me truly gauge where Shields really is on the pecking order for future reference.

^^^ I think you're misusing the term "exposed."

Kimbo got exposed. Thiago did not get exposed because he lost to Kampmann. Kampmann wasn't being given enough credit going into that fight.
    I heart cock

Paulo Thiago was being ranked #5-#6 Welterweight in the world by some sites going into that fight. Kampmann wasn't being given credit, he was being fed to Thiago. Point blank Paulo got exposed for having a wide angled striking game where hitting hard is more important than being technical along with having a bottom game that leaves a little something to be desired on the ground. Exposed is an appropriate word I think.

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    Your right, Luke, I probably won't touch this fight either way. I want to see how Shields stacks up against a top level measuring stick. Thats not to say Kampmann is anywhere near top flight but he just exposed one guy who was over hyped, and he has the skill set to expose Shields if Shields is indeed not on par to be in the UFC. This fight will help Me truly gauge where Shields really is on the pecking order for future reference.
    Wins over Henderson, Daley, Condit, Okami do nothing for you... but a win over Kampann will prove if he belongs...

Shields is clearly top 10. He belongs in any organization he wants to fight in. That said, he'll never be champ.

Can't wait for Shields to fail in the UFC. If he ends up with the title then GOOOOOOOD DAMN.

Daley would do nothing for Me either way. Henderson was an injured 39 year old who had trouble making weight. Shields beat Okami before he became the force he was in the Middleweight division where he rattled off wins against the likes of Swick, Belcher, Tanner, Lister, etc etc etc.

I may not have made Myself totally clear as to what I meant. When I said Kampmann would serve as a measuring stick I meant as to whether Shields is a top 5 Welterweight and a title contender in the UFC. If he gets handled by Kampmann standing and manages a last round takedown and sub it's unlikely he ever sniffs the sweat on that belt. If he avoids getting picked apart and dominates Kampmann on the ground enroute to a submission/unanimous decision win then he can get matched up with the Alves/Fitch/Koscheck type opponents at the top of the ladder. Though I don't think he ever gets that far to be honest.

^^Let's be real. If he beats Kampmann, he's getting a title shot. The UFC wants new challengers. He won't be going thru a Fitch or Alves.

Hell, I'd prefer he fight GSP right now. Fuck this dumb Koscheck rematch and 8 months off for TUF gayness.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

It just occured to me how many wrestlers there are at 170. There are no great bjj guys @ WW that I can think of in any organization. Weird. Even the up and comers are wrestlers. Shields is going to have a hell of a time @ WW in the UFC. I wish Maia would drop to 170 and shake the division up (though I don't think he could make 170).

Shields = Hughes to GSP (though Shields is a much more technical grappler). If he can't get on top, he can't win. I would actually like to see Shields/Hughes. Either it would be the battle of the worst strikers in history or a hell of a fight to get a takedown.

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain
    Paulo Thiago was being ranked #5-#6 Welterweight in the world by some sites going into that fight. Kampmann wasn't being given credit, he was being fed to Thiago. Point blank Paulo got exposed for having a wide angled striking game where hitting hard is more important than being technical along with having a bottom game that leaves a little something to be desired on the ground. Exposed is an appropriate word I think.
    Perhaps we're using different definitions for the word "exposed." To me, a fighter is "exposed" when they're hyped as a killer and fed a bunch of low-level fighters and then get their shit pushed in the first time they fight someone in the top 25. Thiago doesn't fit this bill. He might would have legitimately beat Kos before the early stoppage, and he did legitimately beat Volkmann (not super impressive, but whatever) and Swick.

I'd say that in the Thiago/Kampmann fight we "learned more" about Thiago, rather than him being exposed. You act like it wasn't already obvious from other fights that he wasn't a really technical striker.
    I heart cock

Yeah, all I saw was that Kampmann was being underrated after getting blasted out of the park by Daley. I only thought Thiago would win because Kampmann's affinity for blocking punches with his chin, and he was very different and conservative in this fight. An impressive performance from Kampmann, certainly no expose of Thiago.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Yeah, all I saw was that Kampmann was being underrated after getting blasted out of the park by Daley.
    After seeing both of their most recent performances, I have no doubt at all that Kampmann would've beat Daley if he had come in with a different gameplan. Instead, he decided to let his ego get in the way and to try to prove that he's an equal striker. If Kampmann had gone to what is now arguably (or is it even arguable?) his strength--his ground game--then Kampmann would've gotten the win, which probably would've gotten him the title shot, which would no doubt have been more interesting than GSP vs Hardy.
    I heart cock

Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago Confirmed for UFC 121 -

http://5thRound.com/YaP
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago Confirmed for UFC 121 -

http://5thRound.com/YaP
    I saw this earlier. Interesting

I think paulo pushes his shit in.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Patrick Cote vs. Tom Lawlor confirmed for UFC 121 in Anaheim
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    I think paulo pushes his shit in.
    I think I agree.

So Diego gets run out of the LW division by BJ. Then comes back to WW, where he finds out he can't hang with the top guys.

So the next thing he knows he's 0-3 and without a home. Where does Diego go?
    I heart cock