Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1204

Thread: UFC 121 Lesnar vs Velasquez

Re: UFC 121 Lesnar vs Velasquez

Brock is totally badass for wanting to jump back in and request Roy. Big Country is a far tougher matchup for him than Mir imo.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Roy has only fought 1 wrestler (Monson)... just sayin. Brock probably knows he can take Roy down. And although Roy has good bjj, he is not a submission threat, he is totally positional. Brock probably realizes he can put Roy on his back and out position him. Roy does have the power though. Still, I think it is a pretty favorable matchup for Brock... they are both top control grapplers, and one of those guys can get top control whenever he wants it.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I'm just glad to see Brock wanting to get back in there. I really thought he was gonna leave fighting after that beating.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

It's still a tougher fight than Mir. I bet he'd be able to get up off his back and even if he didn't, he's not going to be controlled and humiliated like Mir. He also doesn't quit when he gets punched, and will most likely stick around for 15 minutes. On top of that, the Mir rubber match is the bigger fight. Brock could take an easy (and bigger) payday beating up a guy he already knows he can.

^^ probably true.

I really want to see him take another loss though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mir/Lesar on TUF 13 as coaches. There is talk TUF is going to network TV

Fuck that. Gimme Faber vs Cruz or something like that. FW/BW TUF would be the shit and might actually result in some useful prospects.

A FW TUF would actually make a lot of sense. There are no real heels at the lower weights yet though. Torres is kind of an ass.

What in gods name could Brock teach TUF fighters? They all probably know more than his does . That would be a huge fail imo
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    I'm just glad to see Brock wanting to get back in there. I really thought he was gonna leave fighting after that beating.
    Hell yeah. I was a little concerned, too. Personally, I do want to see him succeed, so I hope he gets back out there sooner than later.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Fuck that. Gimme Faber vs Cruz or something like that. FW/BW TUF would be the shit and might actually result in some useful prospects.
    Agreed.

That shit's been needing to happen for a while now. Now that their merging the orgs, Zuffa has no excuse for not doing a FW/BW TUF.
    I heart cock

BREAKING NEWS: After brief respite, Jonathan Snowden back to writing shitty articles.

Brock the Bully: Former Champion Brock Lesnar Looks for Easier Prey
    by JonathanSnowden on Nov 3, 2010

They say you see the true heart of a champion only after they've been knocked down. After all, how can you gauge how well a man responds to adversity if he's never even been tested? Well, Brock Lesnar has been tested in the Octagon - and found wanting.

Against Shane Carwin he ran across the cage to avoid thunderous blows. Against Cain Velasquez he wasn't even allowed that much dignity, pirouetting and cartwheeling around the Octagon like he was part of a drunken dance recital. You'd expect a true champion and a title contender to be clamoring to get back in the cage with his conqueror. To want to prove he is as good as the hype, to reestablish his place in the pecking order. But there's a question about who Brock Lesnar is at his core.

Simply put, Brock is a bully. When backed into a corner his instinct isn't to take the hard path. It's to find prey he thinks he can conquer - and attack. Bryan Alvarez, editor of the Wrestling Observer's sister newsletter Figure Four Weekly, says Brock isn't looking to rematch Carwin or get a return bout with Velasquez. Instead, Lesnar reportedly has set his sites on Roy Nelson.

Now there's nothing wrong with Roy Nelson. He's a talented fighter, a mid-level heavyweight contender who is most famous for hiding a 205 pound potential champion inside a 265 pound rolly polly package. But isn't it a little odd for a former champion, the UFC's flagship fighter, to be challenging a guy who's best career win was against prospect Brendan Schaub? Nelson isn't a top-shelf contender. He's a guy who has fallen short time and again against the top level competition he's faced, including a recent beating incurred at the hands of heavyweight contender Junior dos Santos.

Contrast Lesnar's approach to the recently vanquished heavyweight kingpin Fedor Emelianenko. Fedor didn't respond to his loss to Fabricio Werdum by challenging Jeff Monson. He asked for a rematch with the man who made him tap:

"Certainly I would like to have a rematch with Fabricio. If he agrees, I would love to do that. The one who doesn't fall doesn't stand up. It happens that I was made kind of an idol. Everybody loses. That happens. I'm a normal human being, as are all of us. If it is God's will, the next fight I'll win."

So why is Lesnar challenging a fighter who isn't in the title hunt? Because he thinks it's easier. He thinks he can roll right over the fat kid - and he's probably right. But even asking for this fight shows plenty about Lesnar and where he is mentally. This isn't the confident move of a fighter on his way back up the ladder. This is the path of the bully, the more favorable route, and the mindset of a fighter still a little shell shocked after consecutive shellackings.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/11/3/17 ... asier-prey

^^^ I agree it's not particularly well-written.
    I heart cock

LOL bloodyelbow is a joke.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I guess I can see the guys point to a degree. Its supposed to be the thing to do, to call out the guy who whipped that ass.

But I gotta give Lesnar some respect here.

He knows he can run right through Mir again, and get another easy win. But chooses to fight Roy, who he will probably beat, but Roy has some power, and some decent stand up, where Brock can at least work on his striking in the heat of battle, instead of jumping back in with Carwin, or Cain, where he would probably get the shit beat out of him again.

I think he is doing the right thing, and maybe trying to build himself back up a little more slowly, because he ain't ready for Cain or JDS at this point.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

^^^ I agree.

Nelson is equal parts challenging and beatable for Brock. It's a good fight.

Or they could give him Kongo, but we all know how that would probably go.
    I heart cock

I really wanna see Brock/Kongo. It would be hilarious.

News
    Back to News Index
    12/11/10 - Lesnar-Mir III on the cards, likely to be Lesnar's next match

Brock Lesnar’s next fight is likely to be a rubber match with Frank Mir, according to UFC president Dana White.

Lesnar lost the UFC heavyweight belt to Cain Velasquez at UFC 121 and White has ruled out an immediate rematch, because there was no ambiguity about the loss.

“There won’t be an immediate rematch, there is no need for one,” White said today. “After the fight Brock took some time off to go hunting; he and I haven’t spoken since the fight so I’m not sure what he wants to do next.”

Asked if the rumours about Lesnar asking for Roy Nelson had any basis in fact, White shook his head.

“He never asked for Roy Nelson, that’s not true. The last thing I did hear was that he wants to fight Frank Mir again. That fight kind of makes sense so… We will probably see Lesnar fight Mir next, I think that the rubber match makes sense.”

White also said that Velasquez’s first title defence will “probably” be Junior Dos Santos. The Brazilian is undefeated in the UFC and been speaking of his desire to challenge for the title recently. White did not give a potential date for the fight.

Why are they trying to force that fight? Brock needs to fight someone else. If they want to come back to this in a couple of years, then fine. But not right now.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Why are they trying to force that fight? Brock needs to fight someone else. If they want to come back to this in a couple of years, then fine. But not right now.

I dont know I was saying the samething about Nog-Mir II and Penn-Hughes II

Sometimes the matchups in the UFC are great and sometimes they are dumb as hell
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Well I think Nog-Mir II needs to happen.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is that nigga? Is Nog ever gonna fight again?
    I heart cock