Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 121 Lesnar vs Velasquez

Re: UFC 121 Lesnar vs Velasquez

Quote Originally Posted by AC88
    I think Kampmann's going to beat Jake. Kampmann's UFC losses have only come to better strikers. Not saying that Jake can't outgrapple him, but seeing as Kampmann has outgrappled everybody else hes fought.... and that Jake's standup is horrendous in comparison, this is a solid dog bet. I'm really happy with this.
    I went ahead and dropped .5u on Kampmann at +285. I have no idea if he can beat Jake, but like you say, his standup will be lightyears ahead of Jake's and his grappling is a force to be reckoned with. My guess is Jake still outgrapples him, but I figure Thiago would too, and we know how that turned out.
    I heart cock

Kampmann's defended against Paulo thiago, Volmann, and Leites..I know Leited doesn't have dynamic take downs but he is good.

I shields Striking really that horrendous? I know everyone says it is but does he really suck that bad? Because Kampmann is pretty solid standing.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    I shields Striking really that horrendous? I know everyone says it is but does he really suck that bad? Because Kampmann is pretty solid standing.
    Yeah, it's absolutely atrocious. It's more like a parody of striking, than actual striking. He is literally on the bottom rung. If this were a kickboxing match, Kampmann would win 30-24 probably.
    I heart cock

Hughes > Shields in the striking department.

But Shields is 100% committed to the a ground fight. He won't give up on it and decide to box. I think he will get the takedown on Kampmann eventually. But Kampann probably does have value. Shields is not a great finisher despite his top control. His submissions are not that great. Kampann will get his chances I think.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I'm thinking about putting some money down on Kampmann. It's gotta be hard to get the takedown on a guy who has solid takedown D as well as good standup but he did do it to Hendo. Thats the one fight that kind of has me on the ropes.
    1 unit = 300 $

I'm thinking about putting some money down on Kampmann. It's gotta be hard to get the takedown on a guy who has solid takedown D as well as good standup but he did do it to Hendo. Thats the one fight that kind of has me on the ropes.
    If that is all that is holding you back... remember Hendo damn near finished him in the first minute.

Shields had to jump to guard on Lawler. He got him down once, but Lawler popped back up. Then he at a lot of leather and couldn't get Lawler down. Then he jumped into a guillotine. Still, he really couldn't control Lawler or take him down.

That said, Kampmann has not shown that he has a lot of one punch power.

While he doesn't have a lot of one punch KO power he is easily a more technical striker than either Hendo or Lawlor. He has a good sprawl and while it's not likely that he avoids every takedown Jake shoots for, his ground game should be good enough to keep out of submissions. Kampmann is very much capable of winning this fight.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Kampmann's defended against Paulo thiago, Volmann, and Leites..I know Leited doesn't have dynamic take downs but he is good.

Yeah, Shields is really bad on the feet. But IMO, he'll be able to get takedowns on Kampmann all day. Kampmann doesn't really have great takedown defense, and he won't have the strength advantage on Shields that some of his MW opponents did.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    If that is all that is holding you back... remember Hendo damn near finished him in the first minute.

Shields had to jump to guard on Lawler. He got him down once, but Lawler popped back up. Then he at a lot of leather and couldn't get Lawler down. Then he jumped into a guillotine. Still, he really couldn't control Lawler or take him down.

That said, Kampmann has not shown that he has a lot of one punch power.

Yeah I just rewatched the fight and I saw Hendo almost finished it in the first..but afte that Shields out wrestled/grappled him.
    1 unit = 300 $

Yeah I just rewatched the fight and I saw Hendo almost finished it in the first..but afte that Shields out wrestled/grappled him.
    I guess Shields will probably win. So if you put money on him then you'll probably get some money back.

But considering the question marks, and the outrageous line, I would go Kampmann or nothing. But that's just me.
    I heart cock

shields dec is the best prop bet.
    1 unit = 300 $

Yeah, I doubt Shields finishes him. Unlike Hendo, Kampmann is going to re-guard Shields when he gets passed, which he probably will. Shields has some nice passing skills.

I just can't see Kampmann stopping the takedown efficiently..He is no Dan Henderson, 39 years old or not, slightly gassed or not. His standup probably won't be rocking shields either. Dan hits like a TON of bricks and Shields recovered from that. Most likely Kampmann wins some ground on standup but loses a little bit more by getting taken down.

What do you think about Kampmann/Shields Submission ability Scientist?
    It doesn't look like Kampmann has been submitted before and he has whipped out quite a few submissions. I noticed Jake had Hendo in some precarious situations submission wise but Hendo also had Jake in some sticky situations. I might have to watch Thales Leites/MArtin K. If they went to the ground at all it might be telling. I know Thales is a real wizard down there.

Final bet im considering: Shields by Dec prop if I am reasonably convinced Kampmann can defend the sub.
    1 unit = 300 $

I don't think Shields will sub him. Shields has a nice passing game and control, but his subs are not overwhelming. No way Kampmann will sub Shields. Up until recently Shields was viewed as sort of wet blanket no real finishing skills. I think he still struggles to finish decent grapplers. I mean, he had Henderson mounted for like 15 minutes and couldn't pound him out or summit him. Hendo has been subbed several times. I think Shields by decision is pretty likely.

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

2u on Kampmann

Dam this card looks fuckin great

UFC Heavyweight Championship
    Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez

Jake Shields vs. Martin Kampmann
    Paulo Thiago vs. Diego Sanchez