Page 1 of 48 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

I know poopoo posted this but........

MMA Recap (http://www.mmarecap.com) has learned from several sources that the UFC is likely headed back to Chicago for UFC 123. According to sources, a deal has not been finalized mainly due to rules and regulations by the state with regards to how far in advance a promotion can declare an event. Those same sources have indicated that the event will be held at the United Center and will probably be headlined by two light-heavyweight fights: Lyoto Machida versus Quinton Jackson and Jon Jones versus Forrest Griffin.

If the UFC does in deed come back to Chicago for UFC 123 it will be the second time the city has played host to the organization. UFC 90 took place at the Allstate Arena in November of 2008. Unlike the previous trip, the venue is scheduled to be the United Center, which plays home to both the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks.

The United Center can house over 23,000 fans when set up for concerts and the UFC will likely exceed that capacity.

The only fights rumored at this point for the event are the Jackson-Machida and Jones-Griffin fights.

Stay tuned to MMA Recap for the latest on this story as it unfolds.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage-Bones/Forrest

Forrest and Rampage are gonna get raped. Someone need to call da police.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Forrest and Rampage are gonna get raped. Someone need to call da police.
    Real Life

Anyone think money will actually start coming in on Rampage before the fight? I'm thinking about going ahead and biting the bullet on Machida at -250. I really think he takes this one.
    I heart cock

I think the line will improve. I actually think Rampage has a good chance. He has some good boxing skills, I don't see why he can't land a shot like Shogun did. I think Machida will win, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rampage win the exchanges. I think it will be the most boring fight of all time.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Rampage is all but washed up IMO. No desire, and even before the loss of desire he was slowing down. The guy has aged so much it seems in the last 5 years. I seriously doubt he wins any exchanges with machida as he throws the same punches in every exchange. machida will pick him apart.

Shogun was able to time Machida when he came in, i just do not think Rampage will have the ability to do that.

Rampage will not throw kicks, and not go for takedowns, all Machida has to worry about is his slow 3 punch combo he throws all the time...the combo that is usually a few seconds to late these days.

A blessing would be if you could get both Macida and Jones under -300 for a juicy parlay...And I rarely play parlays...this time, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    Rampage is all but washed up IMO. No desire, and even before the loss of desire he was slowing down. The guy has aged so much it seems in the last 5 years. I seriously doubt he wins any exchanges with machida as he throws the same punches in every exchange. machida will pick him apart.

Shogun was able to time Machida when he came in, i just do not think Rampage will have the ability to do that.

Rampage will not throw kicks, and not go for takedowns, all Machida has to worry about is his slow 3 punch combo he throws all the time...the combo that is usually a few seconds to late these days.

A blessing would be if you could get both Macida and Jones under -300 for a juicy parlay...And I rarely play parlays...this time, I would.
    This, this, and this.

Anymore thoughts on the line movement? My concern is that it's actually moved a good bit AWAY from Machida since it opened. It may come back, but it may not.
    I heart cock

It is weird, because you would think the line would be somewhat tight with Shogun getting blasted out and all. I just have no clue, but IMO, Machida should be at least -300 or higher.

i am really hoping the jones line is remotely close, as Forrest is an easier matchup for him than his last 3 oppnents whom he murdered.

i am really hoping the jones line is remotely close, as Forrest is an easier matchup for him than his last 3 oppnents whom he murdered.
    An easier matchup than Vlad?

I respect Vlad and wouldn't fuck with him on the street, but I think Forrest is probably a step above.
    I heart cock

I think if there is any movement, it will move towards Machida.

Fuck it, I'm feeling inspired. 2.5u to win 1u on Machida.
    I heart cock

Machida will probably win, but Rampage could certainly knock him out. What Rampage does best is block, parry, and counter. If Machida starts to get a bit wild and comes in with his chin out, like he is wont to do, don't be surprised if the piss man goes stiff-legged again.

Realistically though, he's probably not going to take a single risk, throw leg kicks from the outside and lots of feints, and win the most boring 30-27 of all time.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

As it pertains to Jones, yes, I think Vlad was a tougher matchup. Forrest might beat Vlad if they fought. But Vlad at least brought a tool to the table that I thought might give Jones trouble. Jones will be faster(way) and stronger than Forrest. And he is not near as durable as Vlad IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Machida will probably win, but Rampage could certainly knock him out. What Rampage does best is block, parry, and counter. If Machida starts to get a bit wild and comes in with his chin out, like he is wont to do, don't be surprised if the piss man goes stiff-legged again.

Realistically though, he's probably not going to take a single risk, throw leg kicks from the outside and lots of feints, and win the most boring 30-27 of all time.
    True, but those counters now come when the guy is usually out of the pocket(for a few seconds)

As it pertains to Jones, yes, I think Vlad was a tougher matchup. Forrest might beat Vlad if they fought. But Vlad at least brought a tool to the table that I thought might give Jones trouble. Jones will be faster(way) and stronger than Forrest. And he is not near as durable as Vlad IMO.
    What do you think Jones is good up to? And what do you think the line will open at?

I might take him up to -250. He's probably worth more, but Forrest has a way of pulling upsets and I'm always hesitant to bet against that.

BTW, it's time you got a suitable avatar. The little area with your name and shit is a barren, avatarless wasteland. Preferably it will have something to do with a ninja. It's kind of a rule for new guys.
    I heart cock

I think Vera would give a very good fight to and maybe beat Forrest. I really throught Vera was going to beat Jones. I am done betting against Jones. I am still not betting on him though.

I don't think Rampage is done at all. IMO, he lost his first fight in 5 years against Rashad. He beat Forrest IMO. Ke has some recent KO's... he only looked bad against Forrest and Jardine. Rashad is good, no shame in that loss. But even then, Rashad wanted nothing to do with striking with him. I see it pretty much like Zy, Machida leg kicks him him and leaps in for the occasional punch, but wins a boring decision. I doubt he wants to bang with Rampage like he did with Rashad. If Machida gets into an exchange like that with Rampage, I think Rampage will turn his lights off.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Lets break down Rampages last 5 years. Lackluster performance against Dong Sik Yoon. Split decision with Lindland(some think he lost), lackluster win on eastman. Quick KO of Chuck(was it that spectacular looking back now). Close decision over Dan, and a close lose to Forrest. Quick KO of Wand, and then two horrible performances against Jardine(unbelievable when you think about this) and rashad. So he has looked good three times. He stopped 3 fighters(all have questionable beards) out of 10 or so. And failed to stop a few guys that the old(or younger) Jackson would have stopped.

And yet he is not at least somewhat washed up? i mean we can do the whole subjective argument about this. But for Gods sake, I think everyone can see he has slowed down.

I just do not see him all of a sudden turning it back on for this fight, especially when IMO he has lost his fire.

I also believe that the shot that dropped Machida in the second shogun fight was a temple shot that might have dropped anyone. Can Rampage land it, of course he can. Hell, Hughes landed a money shot on Ricardo, but i am not willing to bet on it.

That's Rashad.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit