Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

Re: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    He needs to get in a fuckin camp, where he can be pushed. Plain and simple. I hope he comes through.
    Has he ever trained with anyone other than his home crew?
    I heart cock

Bj's record isn't that bad. Since losing to Jens Pulver right when he started fighting he has only lost to GSP, Matt Hughes, Lyoto Machida and Frankie Edgar. When evaluating BJ's performance you have to remember that he is always fighting top competition, often outside his weightclass.

Break down his losses. Lyoto a light heavyweight

GSP. Possibly the pound for pound best.

Matt Hughes. One of the top Welterweights of all time, he only lost the second fight because he was a dumbass and didn't train.

Lastly F. Edgar. A lot of people thought he won the first fight, he def lost the second though. How bad did he really beat him? He didn't do much damage. You can't sell Frankie short either, hes got a lot of good wins. Look at his record, he is actually pretty badass.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    He needs to get in a fuckin camp, where he can be pushed. Plain and simple. I hope he comes through.
    Has he ever trained with anyone other than his home crew?
    I don't think he has. I would love to see him swallow his pride and go up to Tri-star and train with GSP for a camp.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I don't think he has. I would love to see him swallow his pride and go up to Tri-star and train with GSP for a camp.
    Do you even think GSP would extend that offer?
    I heart cock

^^^^^^I don't see why not. He is always preaching how he is a "martial artist", I could see him doing it. Shit would be so epic, I would probably pop a chubby. Maybe they get Mir up there too, and I go full hard on.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Its not a gut feeling. I am basing it on his interview at UFC 122, where he basically said he is training himself this time. He had been with Marinovich for a couple camps (the ones where he was in actual good shape)... now he said he is jst going back to sparring more and taking what he learned and training himself. I took that to mean, "I am not training very hard, if at all."
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

^^^^^^I don't see why not. He is always preaching how he is a "martial artist", I could see him doing it. Shit would be so epic, I would probably pop a chubby. Maybe they get Mir up there too, and I go full hard on.
    LOL

I see.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Its not a gut feeling. I am basing it on his interview at UFC 122, where he basically said he is training himself this time. He had been with Marinovich for a couple camps (the ones where he was in actual good shape)... now he said he is jst going back to sparring more and taking what he learned and training himself. I took that to mean, "I am not training very hard, if at all."

HMMM
    1 unit = 300 $

I will be on hughes or nothing.

Why the fuck is Phil Davis's line always in the stratosphere? If his opponents are that outmatched then they need to give him harder fights.
    I heart cock

When the line first opened I was going to be one penn big. However, people must be pounding penn cause the line is about where it should be now (I think line ends up at -200). Penn still has phenominal takedown d and what makes edgar and gsp so efficient is how well they set up their takedowns by blending everything so well together. Hughes striking is abysmal. He lacks the ko power to threaten penn and he doesnt have the speed and volume to bother him. But at the end of the day its BJ and his motivation and lack of conditioning are big detriments towards placing a bet on him because you never know what BJ will show up.

On a sidenote. I think hughes has looked like shit recently. I recall him getting beat soundly by almeida in the stand up before his punch landed and I think we can all agree this wont happen to BJ. So if one places a bet on hughes I assume they believe that he can stay even on the feet and manage multiple takedowns throughout the fight.

^ agreed. I actually think Renzo took round 1 off him... and Almeida was getting the better of him standing. Now all of the sudden people think Hughes is back. Renzo is 43 and never was that great in MMA. I think he fluked out against Almeida with the punch personally.

But BJ is hard to bet on, because he is such a flake.

Well Hughes also beat Serra, sadly.
    I heart cock

Serra is a midget.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    Serra is a midget.
    Get the fuck out of here.
    I heart cock

Serra is tailor made to lose to Hughes. He doesn't have great takedown defense and not a submission threat. And he still almost lost. A lot of people think he did lose. That fight and especially the Renzo fight show me how far Hughes' takedowns have fallen. He actually got stuffed several times by a 43 year old bjj guy that hadn't fought in like 6 years.

Damn, ya'll are almost making me jump on BJ.
    I heart cock

"I think what keeps me motivated is I don't want to go in the bar and drink. There's not much to do in Hilo. There's nothing to do. I'd way rather be training to fight in the Octagon. I think once you've been where me, Lyoto Machida, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Matt Hughes have been, a lot of other stuff, it just seems boring. This is the only thing that keeps me feeling like I have something to live for. As soon as Dana gave me that text, he said, you want to take a fight with Matt Hughes, I got chicken skin all over my body and I was like, I got to a reason to live for a couple more months. I think fighters are just used to that adrenaline."

-BJ

BJ has nothing to do in the tropical paradise that we all dream of visiting and pay a month's pay to visit for 4 days

Hilo>Hillsboro, IL

Yeah BJ has nothing to do, yet he has a newborn child lol.

Seriously though...for some reason I am like 1000000000% confident in Machida. Like..more confident then I was in Couture beating Toney. Even when Rampage was looking decent I thought Machida would kill him. Now Rampage is just fighting for a paycheck, and has been basically acting like he just wants to get this fight over with.