Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

Re: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

Yeah, I've got 2.5u on Machida and I'm thinking of pushing that to 5u.

I've been trying lately to find one good 5u bet on each card. The first was Faber. Then Amir. Now I'm thinking Machida.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX

I've been trying lately to find one good 5u bet on each card. The first was Faber. Then Amir. Now I'm thinking Machida.
    I don't like trying to influence people to make big bets just in case....but I really think Machida is the best play on the card. I am thinking about pulling a SBJJ and putting a shitload on Machida like he did on Cain. (Too bad Machida is a favorite)

Hopefully the countdown show tonight makes it look like Rampage is motivated and training as hard as ever so money comes in on Rampage.

damn. If BJ lived in the northeast he might kill himself due to boredom and weather. His idea of bored is probably just swimming, eating, relaxing in the sun, and surfing or whatever else they do out there.

Machida should do well against rampage. Rampage has power in both hands but he doesnt set up his punches well and if his opponent doesnt stand in the pocket and trade for long periods of time he struggles. Rampages best punches often come at the end of combos or as his opponent is leaving the pocket. Too bad his timing has been off terribly in his past couple fights and machida mixes everything up (trips, kicks, punches, knees, etc.) real well. One other note to look at is rampage denying a title fight against machida in favor of a fued with rashad on tuf even though he had previously stated his disdain of tuf and long breaks between fights.

So is anybody here going to watch the countdown at 11 (EST)? We can see how Rampage and BJ are more motivated then ever.

Can we take guesses on what angles we will try to be convinced on. My guesses are BJ Penn is hungrier than ever to try and earn another shot at his rival, GSP. Rampage needed one fight to shake off the cobwebs and has switched up his training camp so now he should revert to the "old" rampage. Machida had his first taste of defeat ever, to current champ Mauricio "shogun" Rua and is eager to get his title back and is looking to make an example of rampage. And finally, hughes cutting his hunting trip short...

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay
    Can we take guesses on what angles we will try to be convinced on. My guesses are BJ Penn is hungrier than ever to try and earn another shot at his rival, GSP. Rampage needed one fight to shake off the cobwebs and has switched up his training camp so now he should revert to the "old" rampage. Machida had his first taste of defeat ever, to current champ Mauricio "shogun" Rua and is eager to get his title back and is looking to make an example of rampage. And finally, hughes cutting his hunting trip short...
    I have:

-BJ Penn loves to fight and he is just doing what he loves, and he has always wanted to fight Hughes again
    -Hughes thinks this is a very interesting fight.
    -Rampage is going to call Machida boring and say he just runs away but he is gonna knock his ass out anyways.
    -Machida talks about how he as a karate master will come back stronger as ever and he will chug a gallon of urine with his Dad on TV

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333

I don't like trying to influence people to make big bets just in case....but I really think Machida is the best play on the card. I am thinking about pulling a SBJJ and putting a shitload on Machida like he did on Cain. (Too bad Machida is a favorite)

Hopefully the countdown show tonight makes it look like Rampage is motivated and training as hard as ever so money comes in on Rampage.
    I already have 5 units on BJ(at opening price). And 6 units on Machida to win 2.5. I also have 2.5 units on a parlay with the both of them. The price is the only thing that stops me from unloading on Machida. I always thought he was a terrible matchup for Rampage.

Yeah, but going back to our previous conversation, a unit for you is like .25% of your bankroll.

5u for me is 10%.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    Serra is a midget.
    Get the fuck out of here.

Hahahaaha. I love that little italian, but he is a small welterweight.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay
    damn. If BJ lived in the northeast he might kill himself due to boredom and weather. His idea of bored is probably just swimming, eating, relaxing in the sun, and surfing or whatever else they do out there.

Machida should do well against rampage. Rampage has power in both hands but he doesnt set up his punches well and if his opponent doesnt stand in the pocket and trade for long periods of time he struggles. Rampages best punches often come at the end of combos or as his opponent is leaving the pocket. Too bad his timing has been off terribly in his past couple fights and machida mixes everything up (trips, kicks, punches, knees, etc.) real well. One other note to look at is rampage denying a title fight against machida in favor of a fued with rashad on tuf even though he had previously stated his disdain of tuf and long breaks between fights.

How do you see Machida winning? Decision? Tko? Sub?
    1 unit = 300 $

Yeah, but going back to our previous conversaion, a unit for is like .25% of your bankroll.

5u for me is 10%.
    Just wondering, do you adjust your unit after each event? Like if you have a winning event does your unit increase and if you have a losing one does it decrease?

Just wondering, do you adjust your unit after each event? Like if you have a winning event does your unit increase and if you have a losing one does it decrease?
    Not yet. I was going to do that if I hit a $1250 bankroll. (I started with $700.) I was almost there but it didn't happen. I'm a little over $900 right now, but using a $20 unit. So really my unit is a little more than 2%.
    I heart cock

Not yet. I was going to do that if I hit a $1250 bankroll. (I started with $700.) I was almost there but it didn't happen. I'm a little over $900 right now, but using a $20 unit. So really my unit is a little more than 2%.
    Yeah my unit is really more then 2% now as well since I haven't adjusted it. I didn't adjust it either when I was winning, then I hit that huge losing streak and am trying to work my way back up to where my unit is a real 2%

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    Hahahaaha. I love that little italian, but he is a small welterweight.
    Shit, he is nigga, but that doesn't make him a fucking midget!

Plus, he's a tough test for anyone.
    I heart cock

Yeah my unit is really more then 2% now as well since I haven't adjusted it. I didn't adjust it either when I was winning, then I hit that huge losing streak and am trying to work my way back up to where my unit is a real 2%
    Word. Losing streaks have a tendency to fuck shit up.

If I hit $1250 then I'm moving to a $25 unit.
    I heart cock

Word. Losing streaks have a tendency to fuck shit up.

If I hit $1250 then I'm moving to a $25 unit.
    Yeah, my goal is to get back to where I started at in July by 2011. Then become a billionaire in 2011.

I see machida winning by decision. Machida is very good at controlling distance and darting in and out of the pocket. I dont think ive ever seen him stand and trade with any1 for a long period of time. Also I see him being pretty cautious now that hes been knocked out and that combined with rampages knockout power and counter punching ability I really dont see him looking for a finish. So unless rampage becomes completely gassed, machida should go on to win a unanimous decision. Theres always the chane that rampage connects solid and puts machidas lights out on the ground. This is the only way I see rampage winning the fight. So machida by dec (hopefully around -130) and ramp by ko (300 or better) as insurance would be awesome.

I have some insurance on Rampage inside distance @+400

Yeah, but going back to our previous conversation, a unit for you is like .25% of your bankroll.

5u for me is 10%.
    True, but it depends what your overall goal is. If I was looking at purely building a bankroll, i would bet much differently.

When i first started building a serious bankroll for MMA, i literally unloaded my entire bankroll(at the time) on GSP in the GSP-Hughes rematch. I would never do that now...different time and much different circumstances.

if i was strictly trying to build my bankroll and did not need a cashflow I would have had no problem unloading a quarter of my bank roll on cain.

I am by no means trying to get you to bet Machida large here. i do think he wins and prob. still has value. But IMO, it is not a line that truly stands out.

Penn 10u @ -120 and -130
    Rampage .5u @+240
    Thinking of going even heavier on Penn