Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

Re: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    When I read the part about putting more padding in the cloves, I wanted to rape a mexican immigrant.
    LOLLLLLLLLL!
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    That sucks though, considering he got ripped off.
    It was close. I'd need to watch it again to really speak intelligently, but I remember thinking it could go either way. Seems I recall Ludwig winning the stand up in the second, and then Nick gets a takedown, which he doesn't do much with but stays on top for about a minute and half.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    That sucks though, considering he got ripped off.
    It was close. I'd need to watch it again to really speak intelligently, but I remember thinking it could go either way. Seems I recall Ludwig winning the stand up in the second, and then Nick gets a takedown, which he doesn't do much with but stays on top for about a minute and half.
    Yeah I'm not gonna complain too much. Nick was about to have a heart attack in the 3rd round. At the time I thought he clearly won the first 2 rounds though.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

^^ Well, he also lost 2 prior fights, and only had 3 fights before coming to the UFC.

From what I have read, he was a lot more interested in partying than training... he needs more time, I think that is a fair cut. He lost 3 straight, was green anyway, and isn't ready for the big time.

referee standups are bullshit. They get the standup between rounds, that it is more than enough (though if I had it my way, there would bejust one long round, and the fight would be scored in its totality).
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Yeah I'm not gonna complain too much. Nick was about to have a heart attack in the 3rd round. At the time I thought he clearly won the first 2 rounds though.
    Sort of proves the rumor about him not wanting to train very hard. With a build like that, you wouldn't think he would be gassing... but he gasses in every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Sort of proves the rumor about him not wanting to train very hard. With a build like that, you wouldn't think he would be gassing... but he gasses in every fight.
    I had not heard that rumor. Interesting.

His cardio held up better than his opponent's in the Riddle fight.
    I heart cock

Yeah, he is built like a marathon runner though, he has a built in cardio edge. Him gassing probably means he is extra lazy.

[quote=MMA_scientist]
    Quote Originally Posted by "zY|":2n6ygvna
    Sort of proves the rumor about him not wanting to train very hard. With a build like that, you wouldn't think he would be gassing... but he gasses in every fight.[/quote:2n6ygvna]

Yeah.

Fuck him.

"It’s a dog-eat-dog world, there’s so many good guys out there, you’re literally fighting for your UFC life every time you fight."

"It’s no different than any other professional sports organization, it’s exactly the way it works. You want to stay at the top of the food chain, you deal with it. If you don’t, you won’t. You know how many guys get cut by the NFL and Major League Baseball every day? It’s crazy, staggering. Same thing here, no difference."

"This isn’t the f*cking Ultimate Staring Competition, it’s the Ultimate Fighting Championship."

"Listen, these are the big leagues, no different than Major League Baseball, no different than the NFL, you perform or you go away."

-Dana Fucking White

Those sports don't cut players because they have a boring performance. You know what is boring? Dominant pitching. Dominant defenses in the NFL. They don't get cut, they get a raise.

UFC is just taking one more step towards "sports entertainment." WWE. Roller Derby. Harlem Globetrotters. UFC.

UFC is just taking one more step towards "sports entertainment." WWE. Roller Derby. Harlem Globetrotters. UFC.
    To be fair, you can't take something with a pre-determined, scripted outcome and put it in the category of something that features actual competition, regardless of whether the rules or org owners encourage a certain type of performance.
    I heart cock

Does anybody bitch in football when the team with a lead does nothing but run the ball in the 4th quarter trying to run out the clock?

Does anybody bitch in football when the team with a lead does nothing but run the ball in the 4th quarter trying to run out the clock?
    I understand the point and for the most part I agree.

Football and fighting are not good direct comparisons, though. In MMA there is a a relatively vast difference in styles between fighters and different fights. Football games generally all look the same though, other then the occasional great play.
    I heart cock

^^^^^ no one bitches in boxing when a fighter has a huge lead and doesnt take chances
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I agree
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    ^^^^^ no one bitches in boxing when a fighter has a huge lead and doesnt take chances
    They don't?
    I heart cock

Football games generally all look the same though, other then the occasional great play.

You must not watch much football because teams runs many different defenses and offenses in football.

Go watch a Hawaii game then go watch a Navy game and tell me they are the same.

Football games are just as different as MMA fights.

That would be like saying all MMA fights are the same.Just say:

two fighters will come out ,throw some punches ,a few kicks, tie up and then roll around on the floor for a while the end
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

They don't?

Not that I ever remember . In fact in boxing when you are way ahead on the cards its considered stupid to engage in the last few rounds. You'll often hear announcers say something like :"why is he trading shots with him ?" or "he should just stay away because he knows the other guy needs a KO"
    Things like that. This is very common in boxing
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

^^^ You could say the same about basketball, which I know more about, and I have no problem saying that different fights have a lot more variation in style than different basketball games.

A Sherk-in-wrestlemode fight looks a lot more different from anything with Anthony Pettis in it than any football or basketball game compared to other football or basketball games.
    I heart cock

Not that I ever remember . In fact in boxing when you are way ahead on the cards its considered stupid to engage in the last few rounds. You'll often hear announcers say something like :"why is he trading shots with him ?" or "he should just stay away because he knows the other guy needs a KO"
    Things like that. This is very common in boxing
    Well boxing fans for damn sure complain about boring boxers.
    I heart cock