Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

Re: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Well boxing fans for damn sure complain about boring boxers.
    Mayweather is a boring fighter and I expect his fights to be boring but he's one of the fighters I most like to watch because of the way he fights.

Sure I'll say a fight is boring once in a while but its part of the sport. I dont expect someone up 11-0 to go try to KO someone in the 12th so its not boring . I also dont think someone should be cut for 1 boring fight.

Boring fights happen big deal .All fights cant be exciting and thats what Dana is trying to make happen.The only thing he's going to do is ruin the sport. You can either love MMA and take the boring fights or be an action junkie and let Dana ruin the sport
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Lentz better hop he keeps winning. That dude loses 1 fight and he is gone.

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying that we have to call it what it is.

You can't go compare the WWE to Rollerderby. The WWE is a scripted show. Rollerderby is a sport, even if the rules and structure of the sport are geared toward producing something that is exciting and entertaining.

You know that I don't think Harris should've been cut. But I also don't have a problem with introducing at least some elements to the sport that keep us from having Royce/Ken II.
    I heart cock

^ I have never actually seen roller derby, I thought it was scripted.

But that is even better, UFC = RollerDerby.

I am fine with the occasional Royce/Ken II. It won't be every fight, and the fights are only 15 minutes. They get standups between rounds. It is enough. Trying to manipulate the sport by cutting fighters that don't fight a certain way just makes it less legitimate.

The more the UFC does shit like this, the more I want to watch boxing instead. BUt then I remember that boxing politics are horrible too, just in a different way.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

But I also don't have a problem with introducing at least some elements to the sport that keep us from having Royce/Ken II.
    They already did. They're called rounds.

I'm not against changing things, but just about every idea I see thrown out is either counterproductive or just plain shitty.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    The more the UFC does shit like this, the more I want to watch boxing instead. BUt then I remember that boxing politics are horrible too, just in a different way.
    That and there is no BJJ in boxing.

I agree though. Shit like this does make me want to reconsider following this crap so closely.

Roller derby has a lot of "sports entertainment" elements. The skaters usually come up with a colorful names like "Adolf Hits Her" or "Smashlee Simpson" and they'll develop a character that they'll step into during matches, and there are other elements as well to keep the crowd involved and entertained, but the bouts are real and they play to win.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by zY|

I'm not against changing things, but just about every idea I see thrown out is either counterproductive or just plain shitty.
    I think it's fine the way it is.

Unless they want to take the fence off and put a gator tank around the octagon.
    I heart cock

Am I the only one who kinda cares less about this(probably). Harris can go to Strikeforce and prove himself there. It is not like the guy was really all that great. In all honesty, UFC should be cutting MANY more fighters. Let some of the new blood come in there and get a shot. They can not employ every fighter out there.

Weird I also thought roller derby was scripted though I've never watched it
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

LOL! Maybe a circular pool of acid.

Yah like was originally intended in 93. Shit would be crazy yo.

That and there is no BJJ in boxing.

I agree though. Shit like this does make me want to reconsider following this crap so closely.
    I watch plenty of college wrestling and sport jj. I just feel like the UFC is betraying me every day.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    Am I the only one who kinda cares less about this(probably). Harris can go to Strikeforce and prove himself there. It is not like the guy was really all that great. In all honesty, UFC should be cutting MANY more fighters. Let some of the new blood come in there and get a shot. They can not employ every fighter out there.
    I think Harris was a very promising prospect. We really don't know how great he is, or isn't, yet. But he was 17-2 going into the Falcao fight and had just rolled through three undefeated guys. He should for damn sure get another chance. And if nothing else, it's just not fair to him. It's also not ethical. Should fighters really be on pins and needles all the time, worrying about getting cut? How are they supposed to be mentally prepared to fight when they're too busy worrying about whether or not they're going to have a job because they don't do everything just like the boss wants them to?
    I heart cock

LOL! Maybe a circular pool of acid.
    I'm open to the idea.
    I heart cock

I dont really care too much that Harris got cut, but when you get rid of a guy that has 3 bonuses, and keep a guy like Baroni (Who I fuckin love) It does kinda make you wonder WTF the thought process is.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I think Harris was a very promising prospect. We really don't know how great he is, or isn't, yet. But he was 17-2 going into the Falcao fight and had just rolled through three undefeated guys. He should for damn sure get another chance. And if nothing else, it's just not fair to him. It's also not ethical. Should fighters really be on pins and needles all the time, worrying about getting cut? How are they supposed to be mentally prepared to fight when they're too busy worrying about whether or not they're going to have a job because they don't do everything just like the boss wants them to?
    Yea, they should. Just like just about anyone out there in the job market feels that way. Dana should let these guys know what he expects from them though. IMO, Harris is a good fighter, but nothing incredibly special. The guy will still get paid, and should have a decent career. I will not cry for the guy, he will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Weird I also thought roller derby was scripted though I've never watched it
    We have a team here called the Salt City Derby Girls, but I've never checked them out. I did watch a documentary not too long ago on the sport called Hell on Wheels. It was pretty interesting.

For more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_derby
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak
    I dont really care too much that Harris got cut, but when you get rid of a guy that has 3 bonuses, and keep a guy like Baroni (Who I fuckin love) It does kinda make you wonder WTF the thought process is.
    They have to many fighters now with the influx of the WEC. I say cut more of them. Harris pissed off Dana because he did not try to win the fight. Just like Machida seemed to piss him off for not trying to win the first 2 rounds. I think the way Dana looks at it is this, both Harris and Baroni will likely not be wearing any gold. But Baroni goes in to fight and win...he just never wins. When you actually look at Harris's fights...besides a couple of hilights, the bouts really were not all that exciting.

Dana should just come out and say it...if you are not an exciting fighter...you better not lose.

I don't really care about Harris specifically. It is just that he got cut for no reason, when there are plenty of much worse fighters they decide to keep. Some are explainable, Tito while he hasn't won a fight in 5 years, is at least famous. But they also keep guys like Baroni around, who is just horrible, and no one cares to see him. Then they have all these mid level guys like Kimmons and Grove, who are good, but will never be champs. I just don't like the criteria they use to cut or keep a fighter.

They also cut Efrain for what seems like no reason at all. He is better than most of the LW's out there. So he got beat by title contender Dunham and uber prospect Oliveira. He also brought it in his fights most of the time, I just don't get it.