Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

Re: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    I had a DUI when I was 17 years old. I sat in a class with a guy who worked for the movie industry as a driver. He lost his job and was in a depression. He assaulted the instructor in the class and I never saw the guy again. His actions are not justified, but I felt very sorry for him because his life was shattered for the mistake that he made. he probably ended up doing time after his assault on the instructor.
    I generally try to believe in compassion. If we all "got what we deserved" then none of us would be in a good spot. Mercy>Justice.
    The guy could have done things way differently. And I am sure at the time he believed things would never be like they were. He honestly felt like his life was done. If you have never been in a spot where you thought you were going to lose everything, including your freedom, then you have no idea what it feels like. If you can make it through an experience like that, you will most certainly come out a better person and much more appreciative of those around you and what you have.

The guy was just unlucky that his job depended on him having a license and a clean driving record. Plenty of people get DUI's and worse and no one ever knows about it. It is not exactly something you would want everyone to know about.

I don't really feel bad for Gerald but I do have some thoughts on this. One, it was shitty luck for Gerald. I think he got cut because of Dana's accumulated frustration with guys not putting on action packed performances..he was the straw that broke the camels back. He has to be, he put on great shows before then gets cut after one bad one. It looks to me like Dana just snapped/shot from the hip.

My Second observation is regardless of sympathy for Gerald or any other fighter, Dana White is an asshole. Half of these guys are going to end up with really bad brain damage. As far as I know, the ufc doesn't even pay for health care for these guys ( I am basing this on an article I read about Joe Stevenson having to travel to Mexico to get a surgery because he could not afford to do it here). Dana pushes these guys very very hard to slug it out until somebody drops..he has made that clear. He wants his fighters to go out there and try to kill each other, that is how Dana makes more money. However that type of fighting causes many more injuries. So for Dana to push a fighting style that causes people to get hurt badly and not offer any type of health insurance = Prick. The ufc can afford it, I personally think they just need as much fucking cash as possible to feed their expansion. Every nickle counts, in 20 years Dana White in the Fertitas are going to be worth sooo much god damn money.

Dana said they will soon be in 1 billion homes. Jesus fucking Christ. How many home is the NBA in? The NFL? Combined? Now imagine on top of that shit that three guys own this fucking company. It's not divided into a bunch of different teams. They own everything. Whats the limit to how rich these guys can get? It hasn't even reached it's full potential in America. They aren't on a major network Channel. Once they get on Fox or something like that, they will really be mainstream. They get 1-2 million to tune in for spike fights, imagine when they get 20 million for some big fight on FOX.

Now imagine that effect in other countries..India, China, England, Australia....etc, etc, etc. This literally could be the biggest sport in the world( after soccer) someday. I wouldn't be shocked to see the UFC worth 20 billion dollars some day. Anything is possible. These guys are smart and the shit is expanding at a rapid pace. I am ranting here, anyways..they should have healthcare.
    1 unit = 300 $

My brother, step-dad, and a friend of mine have all picked up DUIs. It happens.

Like I said, I would have one too if I had just happened to have gotten pulled over by the wrong cop at the wrong time.
    I heart cock

I guess in hindsight, If the bell didnt save his ass from that RNC, he would probably still be on the roster.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    I don't really feel bad for Gerald but I do have some thoughts on this. One, it was shitty luck for Gerald. I think he got cut because of Dana's accumulated frustration with guys not putting on action packed performances..he was the straw that broke the camels back. He has to be, he put on great shows before then gets cut after one bad one. It looks to me like Dana just snapped/shot from the hip.

My Second observation is regardless of sympathy for Gerald or any other fighter, Dana White is an asshole. Half of these guys are going to end up with really bad brain damage. As far as I know, the ufc doesn't even pay for health care for these guys ( I am basing this on an article I read about Joe Stevenson having to travel to Mexico to get a surgery because he could not afford to do it here). Dana pushes these guys very very hard to slug it out until somebody drops..he has made that clear. He wants his fighters to go out there and try to kill each other, that is how Dana makes more money. However that type of fighting causes many more injuries. So for Dana to push a fighting style that causes people to get hurt badly and not offer any type of health insurance = Prick. The ufc can afford it, I personally think they just need as much fucking cash as possible to feed their expansion. Every nickle counts, in 20 years Dana White in the Fertitas are going to be worth sooo much god damn money.

Dana said they will soon be in 1 billion homes. Jesus fucking Christ. How many home is the NBA in? The NFL? Combined? Now imagine on top of that shit that three guys own this fucking company. It's not divided into a bunch of different teams. They own everything. Whats the limit to how rich these guys can get? It hasn't even reached it's full potential in America. They aren't on a major network Channel. Once they get on Fox or something like that, they will really be mainstream. They get 1-2 million to tune in for spike fights, imagine when they get 20 million for some big fight on FOX.

Now imagine that effect in other countries..India, China, England, Australia....etc, etc, etc. This literally could be the biggest sport in the world( after soccer) someday. I wouldn't be shocked to see the UFC worth 20 billion dollars some day. Anything is possible. These guys are smart and the shit is expanding at a rapid pace. I am ranting here, anyways..they should have healthcare.
    I agree with you. i thought i read conflicting reports on the Stevenson case. I do believe the UFC should insure their fighters while under contract. But they do not have to. And if Joe wants to go fight for Bellator where I believe they do insure, he should. If the UFC gets too greedy, the market should correct itself. But at the moment, the vast majority of fighters seem happy there.

Yes, DUIs happen and it sucks, but I don't really feel sorry for the people that get them, including people I know. It's not that I'm vindictive about it or judgmental, I just don't care. It is what it is.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Yes, DUIs happen and it sucks, but I don't really feel sorry for the people that get them, including people I know. It's not that I'm vindictive about it or judgmental, I just don't care. It is what it is.
    zY?! Not care about others?!?!

That's weird, I've never gotten that vibe from you. . .
    I heart cock

Au contraire. I do care about others. That doesn't mean I have to feel sorry for their mistakes, nor I would I expect anyone to for mine.

[quote=zY|]
    Quote Originally Posted by "zY|":3w0kox0b

Au contraire. I do care about others. That doesn't mean I have to feel sorry for their mistakes, nor I would I expect anyone to for mine.[/quote:3w0kox0b]

I'm with ya. A simple DUI is super close to death on the road. I do feel sorry for the mistakes that those I love make though. As I can remember when I myself have made some of them.

So why you jumping down my throat for me not feeling sorry for Harris making the mistake of not trying to win the fight?

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    I'm with ya. A simple DUI is super close to death on the road. I do feel sorry for the mistakes that those I love make though. As I can remember when I myself have made some of them.

So why you jumping down my throat for me not feeling sorry for Harris making the mistake of not trying to win the fight?
    I think we're having a semantical malfunction here.

I normally associate the phrase 'feel sorry for' with sympathy, or pity, which is generally (intentional or not) patronizing, with an air of superiority or judgement, whereas you seem to define it as compassion, which has a subtle but very important difference in meaning. I can certainly get behind being compassionate for people you care about.

And I don't recall jumping down your throat?

Fair enough. I usually feel sorrow for someone if they fall down and break their neck. But at no time do I feel superior to them. I did not mean "feel sorry for" in an elementary way.

And I was just kidding about the jumping down my throat.

LOL@U Matt Hughes

I heart cock

^^^^ jesus did he even hit him? I didnt notice that live. Looks like Hughes took a dive
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

LOL

The punch does look weird, like he manages to roll with it in 2 of the angles. It looks to hit clean in the other though. Still, there's no faking BJ dribbling his head off the floor.

the return of the Phantom Punch. Todd Duffee would be proud.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

LOL

The punch does look weird, like he manages to roll with it in 2 of the angles. It looks to hit clean in the other though. Still, there's no faking BJ dribbling his head off the floor.

I'd like to see it in fram by fram slow motion to see how the punch landed.

Make it happen ZY
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Maiquel Falcao now has a wiki page. According to it, he is a black belt in BJJ. Wish I knew that beforehand. I think this dude is going to destroy a lot of people.
    1 unit = 300 $

We might have a good cash cow on our hands.
    1 unit = 300 $

As in we will get good odds on him. Honestly I could see this dude dropping a lot of the highly ranked fighters...if he truly is a BB. Devestating striking+ good takedown D+ BB BJJ. Hmmm...
    1 unit = 300 $