Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage

Re: UFC 123 - Machida/Rampage-Bones/Forrest

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    Actually, it kinda looks like quite a few people believe Hughes is the right side of this fight.

Shit, If I can get Penn @ + money in Vegas, I will more than likely drop a couple of grand on him.

Well I'm not betting Hughes at -165 .If he's a dog I sure will . I was only arguing that the line should be flipped . Personally I would have made this fight close to a pk

Wait, so you actually kind of agree with my post that you slammed?

But you quoted me? At least I think you did.

Maybe I did. I thought you bet Penn because you were so confident in him
    HHHMMMM? Dude, you might have me confused with someone else. I post all my plays in here, and Penn was not even on my radar.

In fact, i remember telling someone in here that was going to bet Penn(probably Doublearmbar) that he might as well bet Couture if he was going to bet that big a fave.

But I will freely admit, I did think Penn was going to win the fight. and I was wrong. And missed a very good dog bet in Edgar.

But you quoted me? At least I think you did.

Maybe I did. I thought you bet Penn because you were so confident in him
    HHHMMMM? Dude, you might have me confused with someone else. I post all my plays in here, and Penn was not even on my radar.

Ok no big deal I could have mistaken that
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

[

Maybe I did. I thought you bet Penn because you were so confident in him[/quote]

HHHMMMM? Dude, you might have me confused with someone else. I post all my plays in here, and Penn was not even on my radar.[/quote]

Ok no big deal I could have mistaken that [/quote]

At the same time, you could very well be right about me having a post picking Penn to win. I really thought he would. Actually pretty pissed I did not at least make a small bet on Edgar.

This bullshit 'rib injury' excuse is so stupid. I don't understand how people justify it so the loss 'doesn't count' in their eyes.

Matt Hughes is a very strong man and if you end up underneath him, you just might injure yourself trying to grapple with him.

It's no different than if you were to discount Shogun's win over Rampage because of the 'rib injury' that occurred when Shogun smashed Rampage's ribs in with a knee.

That said, I think Penn has the tools to win definitely, but as we've seen time and time again, that doesn't always equate to a win. Penn's record at WW is an abysmal 2-3. This fight should be a pick em I think and I'd definitely bet Penn as a dog if this fight weren't 6 years from now.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I assume you're talking about the 2nd fight Luke, I know you weren't on Edgar the first time.

At first glance, I really thought this line was just WAY off. But now kinda looking around the net. It really does seem like many are picking Hughes. I must admit, it really does surprise me. Maybe I am missing something. But if the line stays, I just will not be able to pass it up.

This line sorta reminds me of the Hughes-GSP 2 line. Where Hughes was about -140 or -130 simply because he beat GSP in their first fight. Never mind the fact that Hughes was showing signs of slowing, and GSP was on a tear.

Maybe Penn is slowing to, BUT, I really think Edgar could make anyone look slow. I think Hughes has gotten a bit lucky in his last couple of fights, and Penn ran into a bad match up. I think Penn will make Hughes look very slow in there.

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    This bullshit 'rib injury' excuse is so stupid. I don't understand how people justify it so the loss 'doesn't count' in their eyes.

Matt Hughes is a very strong man and if you end up underneath him, you just might injure yourself trying to grapple with him.

It's no different than if you were to discount Shogun's win over Rampage because of the 'rib injury' that occurred when Shogun smashed Rampage's ribs in with a knee.

That said, I think Penn has the tools to win definitely, but as we've seen time and time again, that doesn't always equate to a win. Penn's record at WW is an abysmal 2-3. This fight should be a pick em I think and I'd definitely bet Penn as a dog if this fight weren't 6 years from now.
    I am not using it as an excuse...i am just taking it into consideration. If you watch the fight. Penn injured his rib taking Hughes back from gaurd. It is not a situation where hughes blasted him with a body shot or knee.

I do not take away the victory, but i factor in the way the fight went down in my bet.

Whos WW record would be better if they fought GSP twice, and Hughes(prime and semi-prime) twice?

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    I assume you're talking about the 2nd fight Luke, I know you weren't on Edgar the first time.

Correct .I bet Edgar the second fight
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I just think Penn is going to have a real hard time winning this. Watching Edgar( who is smaller than Penn) take him down over and over with ease makes me believe Hughes will be able too also.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I just think Penn is going to have a real hard time winning this. Watching Edgar( who is smaller than Penn) take him down over and over with ease makes me believe Hughes will be able too also.
    But Edgar was able to take Penn down because he mixed his strikes up with his takedowns. Something Hughes can not do.

It's going to be a tough fight for both guys. Hughes will struggle with the striking and takedown defense of Penn, then once he gets it down he has to worry about the guard of Penn. Penn will have to worry about the wrestling and sheer physicality of Hughes wearing on him. Ya know, the same dynamic of the last fight. We saw how that went.

And yes, BJ injured his rib taking Hughes back from the octopus guard. It's something to think about sure, but it's also something that could happen again. If he's on his back Penn is going to have create something in order to be able to get up and it might require amounts of core strength that he does not possess.

I just remember everyone saying Penn was going to win and I was the only one on Edgar
    I was on Edgar in the 2nd fight. I actually thought he was going to win too, but I fell for the "motivated BJ" hype machine and didn't lay much down at all.

Mark Munoz meets Aaron Simpson in a middleweight bout at UFC 123 in Detroit, according to MMA Weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Mark Munoz meets Aaron Simpson in a middleweight bout at UFC 123 in Detroit, according to MMA Weekly.
    That's gonna be an interesting fight.
    I heart cock

Munoz will beat his ass
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Hughes opened as the underdog on 5dimes.