Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Manny Pacquiao to face Shane Mosley May 7th

Manny Pacquiao to face Shane Mosley May 7th

Pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao, unable to get even a response from Floyd Mayweather Jr. gauging his interest in a fight, instead will defend his welterweight belt against former champion Shane Mosley on May 7 in a pay-per-view fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
    "We came to a meeting of the minds," Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com on Tuesday night after a final meeting with Mosley and his adviser, James Prince, at the Top Rank offices in Las Vegas. "[Top Rank matchmaker] Bruce Trample says it's a very difficult fight. I believe it will be an exciting fight. Shane knows how to fight and how to deal with the speed. Manny is in for a hellacious fight. I really believe styles make fights."
    Arum said the fight will take place at the welterweight limit of 147 pounds.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Fuck Floyd Mayweather.
    I heart cock

Welterweight 12 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - PPVSat 5/7
    1101 Shane Mosley
    +525 11:00PM
    1102 Manny Pacquiao -750

This is a joke of a fight. Pacman should have fought Martinez or even Berto. Arum is screwing the boxing hardcore fans, and even casual fans IMO, on this one. Shane hasn't won a fight in 2 years yet gets his *probably* biggest payday of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungTRK484 View Post
    This is a joke of a fight. Pacman should have fought Martinez or even Berto. Arum is screwing the boxing hardcore fans, and even casual fans IMO, on this one. Shane hasn't won a fight in 2 years yet gets his *probably* biggest payday of his career.

He's getting 5 million + PPV cut for this fight ,he got 6 million to fight Mayweather , 4.5 for the 2nd DeLaHoya fight and the moron turned down 12 million for a 3rd DLH fight to go get beat by Winky Wright and make 1.5 million lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I for one wont be buying this fight
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    He's getting 5 million + PPV cut for this fight ,he got 6 million to fight Mayweather , 4.5 for the 2nd DeLaHoya fight and the moron turned down 12 million for a 3rd DLH fight to go get beat by Winky Wright and make 1.5 million lol
    I figured this fight was around what he made for Mayweather, but the total PPV cut had to be bigger for Mayweather than what it will be for this fight. Ok so this is his 2nd biggest fight, point being dude hasn't won in 2 years. 2 L's and a Draw. He is a fighter in name only. Can't wait to bet Pacman by KO, I am hoping for a good line on that.

The sad thing is that SSM was a great fighter, but this fight could be dangerous for him physically. It's already been reported he slurs his words when being interviewed and his motor skills are lagging from where they once were. Pacman is gonna retire Shane IMO.

I figured this fight was around what he made for Mayweather, but the total PPV cut had to be bigger for Mayweather than what it will be for this fight. Ok so this is his 2nd biggest fight, .

I wasnt posting those paydays to contradict you 4.5, 5, or 6 million is all the same in my book. I was actually quite surprised Mosley hasnt made any bigger paydays than that in his career since he's been a big draw for a long time.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

The sad thing is that SSM was a great fighter, but this fight could be dangerous for him physically. It's already been reported he slurs his words when being interviewed and his motor skills are lagging from where they once were. Pacman is gonna retire Shane IMO.

I think this is just a paycheck fight for Shane and he'll retire after this fight. I was thinking Manny by decision might be a good play again if we get the same odds (+300) as we did for the Margarito fight. Everything will depend on the odds though
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I think Pac knocks him out honestly. In all honesty he shoulda knocked out Margacheato and we got a bit lucky with that fight not being stopped. I can see Schane getting KTFO or Brother Naz stopping the fight if it gets ugly.

I totally forgot about Shane passing up the 12 million for the DLH III fight, thanks for reminding me. Which is the dumber business move, nottaking the 12 mill against WInky years ago or or forfeiting his 5% stake in GBP the past couple months. Dude just doesn't have good business sense.

I couldn't agree more about this being a paycheck fight. Mosley got divorced and his wife cleaned him out in 2010 plus he has to pay her 20k a month in alimony/childsupport/something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I wasnt posting those paydays to contradict you 4.5, 5, or 6 million is all the same in my book. I was actually quite surprised Mosley hasnt made any bigger paydays than that in his career since he's been a big draw for a long time.
    Didn't take it as a contradiction, took it as you giving me some facts I was somewhat aware of but wasn't sure. thanks!

I think Pac will win easy, but I don't think Mosely has ever been stopped before IIRC. I like Pac winning like 11-1.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Yeah you're right I thought one of the V. Forrest losses was a KO. Like you saad we shall see once the line comes out ya know?

Yeah you're right I thought one of the V. Forrest losses was a KO. Like you saad we shall see once the line comes out ya know?
    Yeah we'll have to wait for the line .If its not close to the Margarito decision prop I probably wont take it
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Arum says Miguel Cotto has agreed to a June rematch with Antonio Margarito should he, as expected, beat Ricardo Mayorga March 12 at MGM

Thats more interesting to me than Mosley-Manny
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Mosley can win. He almost knocked out Mayweather in their fight. He probably won't win but that line seems high. Then again I don't watch boxing at all.

He DID buckle Mayweather. He ALMOST knocked im down. He DID NOT almost knock him out.
    2011 YTD: (Revised 1/11/11)

NFL ATS: 1-2 -1.2 units
    NFL ML: 1-0, +1.1 units
    NFL Teaser: 0-1, -3.0 units

NBA ATS: 0-1, -1.1 units

YTD: -4.2 units

He DID NOT almost knock him out.
    No way to tell what would've happened if he had landed a really good follow-up punch.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    No way to tell what would've happened if he had landed a really good follow-up punch.
    That's my point though, he didn't land that really good follow-up punch. I just don't see how anyone can really think Mayweather was almost knocked out in that fight. Buckled? YES. Almost went down, YES. Not close to being KO'ed. I'm sorry.
    2011 YTD: (Revised 1/11/11)

NFL ATS: 1-2 -1.2 units
    NFL ML: 1-0, +1.1 units
    NFL Teaser: 0-1, -3.0 units

NBA ATS: 0-1, -1.1 units

YTD: -4.2 units

Kos almost knocked GSP out. His fist came within inches of his head a few times.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit