Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 125

Let it ride.

Kim by decision @ +145 is solid IMO. He won't finish Diaz.

I think Kim by Decision or Diaz straight up are good bets.

Davis @+215? Volkmann @+205?

I think Davis has value now. I can't really comment on Volkmann because I haven't seen much of Mckee except his more recent fights

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post

I think Davis has value now. I can't really comment on Volkmann because I haven't seen much of Mckee except his more recent fights

I think I am going to take the arb opp on Volkmann. I dropped 5u on McKee @ -195. So I can lock in a free .25u. I was thinking that some money would come in on McKee after the weigh in after everyone sees how white and flabby Volkmann is compared to McKee...

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post

I think Davis has value too. He has not been looking good, but to be fair, Diaz and Hardy would probably murder Stephens in much more decisive fashion.

Someone tell me why a 40 year old who's never fought UFC competition is -245 over a decent fighter in Volkmann .
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

A last-minute deal with Ion TV will see Saturday’s Phil Baroni vs. Brad Tavares, Marcus Davis vs. Jeremy Stephens, and Josh Grispi vs. Dustin Poirier UFC 125 prelims air at 9pm ET on what will technically be the UFC’s network debut.
    UFC President Dana White told MMAjunkie the broadcast was meant to pay back fans and hinted the 100-million home channel could become a regular broadcast partner, potentially joining the likes of Spike and Versus.
    UFC Prelims, a one-hour broadcast featuring a pair of live undercard fights, debuted on Spike in 2009 and continued through 2010 before UFC pay-per-views, while UFC.com aired UFC 124′s prelims earlier this month. The popular series was expected to continue in 2011, but no details have been announced.
    The UFC 125 prelims will also air live in Canada on Sportsnet at 9pm ET

Lol wtf ION?

I had to check my tv just to see if I had the channel, luckily I do
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Someone tell me why a 40 year old who's never fought UFC competition is -245 over a decent fighter in Volkmann .
    Obviously, because he is the baddest Nigga on the planet.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Lol wtf ION?

I had to check my tv just to see if I had the channel, luckily I do
    I have no fuckin clue where that is. Do they have HD?
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Because "UFC level competition" is just a term Dana wants you to believe means something, but actually means nothing except you know someone who can get you into the UFC. New guys come in all the time and do quite well. McKee has been beating guys dominantly, guys that are every bit as good as "UFC competition."

And because it is a wrestler/wrestler matchup, and McKee has shown dominant wrestling, while Volkmann has not. And McKee probably has a striking edge too. He is black, so 40 is like 30 in white guy years.

Well he has fought a ufc guy before. Karo parisyan. He lost that fight. It was a long time ago though so I am not sure how relevant it is. Karo has been outwrestled in the ufc hasn't he? I think his line is high because of the hype and media attention that he gets, and he also has a solid record. I think he can win I am just not convinced volkmann can't pull it out. Mckee seems like he wins via wrestling for the most part which obv is vmns strongpoint. One thing worth mentioning is mckee might be the better mma wrestler because he has been relying solely on his wrestling within mma. But he did get beat by karo. Karo might be bigger but vman did compete at 170

Karo used to be kind of a badass... around that same time frame he was about to fight Hughes for the title (he very well could have been UFC champ had he not gotten injured). McKee also fought and beat such UFC level stalwarts as- Edwin Dewees, Jason Black, and Marcus Aurelio.

I am not saying McKee is definitely going to win, there is a chance that Volkmann comes out and outwrestles him. But I take my bets where I know what the struggle is. Here, I know what the issue in this fight is: who is a better mma wrestler. That's the only real issue in this fight. Since I think it is McKee based on what I have seen, I set my own line at -250 before the line opened. When I saw it @ -180, i thought it was a bargain. I ended up dropping 5u @ -195, and I am not going to arb it.

Volkmanns standup isn't anything special from what I have seen. I thought about betting Kim also but I don't like betting against Nick. He is pretty good. I may place a bet on Mckee.

I think Davis has a great shot to beat Stephens. If he isn't a zombie at the weigh ins I am going to bet him

Do you think he can stop Stephens takedowns?

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Volkmanns standup isn't anything special from what I have seen. I thought about betting Kim also but I don't like betting against Nick. He is pretty good. I may place a bet on Mckee.
    I have thought a lot about the Kim/Diaz fight. I think it is a really close fight and impossible to envision for me. Kim had some KO's before he came to the UFC... but he has looked mostly like a top control guy in the UFC. Diaz has looked better, but he has been dropped by punches on several occasions. He is going to be the best guard player Kim has ever faced too... just too many variables. I was going to bet Diaz, but now I am either going to bet Kim via decision, or just sit it out. Probably just sit it out.

Do you think he can stop Stephens takedowns?
    probably, he is going to be a lot stronger that Stephens. I don't think Stephens is going to be looking for a takedown anyway. He just wants to bang. Davis will probably oblige him for a little while. For once, Davis is not going to be at huge reach disadvantage, so he may look a lot better @ LW. At +195, I have to agree that Davis the clear play.

You think he will be much stronger? Stephens has always looked to be pretty strong. Also the weight cut may hurt Davis. I will have to wait until the weigh ins. You can't count on him not shooting for a takedown. He lost his last fight. He needs a win.

You think he will be much stronger? Stephens has always looked to be pretty strong. Also the weight cut may hurt Davis. I will have to wait until the weigh ins. You can't count on him not shooting for a takedown. He lost his last fight. He needs a win.
    I also don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Davis will be stronger. Stephens is pretty solid.

As for takedowns, it's not out of the question. I do believe I remember him taking Stout down more than once.
    I heart cock

I agree Stephens has looked pretty strong, but Davis has been a pretty strong WW... he is pretty thick. But you're right, we don't know how he will look after the cut. I read that he was leaning out some, trying to get a more classic boxer's build back. If Stephens puts him down, he has some flithy gnp...