Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 125

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Do you think he can stop Stephens takedowns?
    I think Stephens will stand, and Davis will be the one trying the TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    As for takedowns, it's not out of the question. I do believe I remember him taking Stout down more than once.
    Just watched the fight, Stephens got the TD in round 1 from catching the kick and was stuffed everytime after that, except a quick TD he got at the end of the 3rd round where Stout got right back up.

What would concern me is Stephens taking one of the first two rounds with wrestling then being able to win last round just because he is worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    What would concern me is Stephens taking one of the first two rounds with wrestling then being able to win last round just because he is worn out.
    Well, any time you are on a 2:1 underdog, the other guy is going to have some outs. Stephens has a ton of outs here, he could win in a variety of ways. So could Davis. But at +195, the value is with Davis IMO

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Well, any time you are on a 2:1 underdog, the other guy is going to have some outs. Stephens has a ton of outs here, he could win in a variety of ways. So could Davis. But at +195, the value is with Davis IMO
    I agree that the value is in Davis here at this point.

I got Stephens at -135 and while I was a touch hesitant even at that line, I think the value was in Stephens probably up to -150.

I'm pretty surprised the line has moved as much as it has in Stephens' favor, though.
    I heart cock

I agree that the value is in Davis here at this point.

I got Stephens at -135 and while I was a touch hesitant even at that line, I think the value was in Stephens probably up to -150.

I'm pretty surprised the line has moved as much as it has in Stephens' favor, though.
    Yeah, I slightly favor Stephens, just because Davis has not been looking good. At -150 I can see a case to be made for Stephens. But at 2 to 1 for Davis, that is the only play.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Because "UFC level competition" is just a term Dana wants you to believe means something, but actually means nothing except you know someone who can get you into the UFC. New guys come in all the time and do quite well. McKee has been beating guys dominantly, guys that are every bit as good as "UFC competition."

And because it is a wrestler/wrestler matchup, and McKee has shown dominant wrestling, while Volkmann has not. And McKee probably has a striking edge too. He is black, so 40 is like 30 in white guy years.

You act like Volkmann is a bad fighter or Mckee has actually fought anyone recently thats any good. Mckee might win I just think the line is way to high
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    I have no fuckin clue where that is. Do they have HD?

I have dishnetwork and its in the mid 200's and its not HD. I had to go through my channels one by one just to see if I had it lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    You act like Volkmann is a bad fighter or Mckee has actually fought anyone recently thats any good. Mckee might win I just think the line is way to high
    In all fairness to McKee, he just made a statement against Azevedo, who not only holds a win over Din Thomas but also is the only guy to ever beat Aldo, who he subbed (and Aldo had already had 7 fights up to that point so it's not like he had never been in the ring before).
    I heart cock

In all fairness to McKee, he just made a statement against Azevedo, who not only holds a win over Din Thomas but also is the only guy to ever beat Aldo, who he subbed (and Aldo had already had 7 fights up to that point so it's not like he had never been in the ring before).

Thats really stretching it X. Azevedo is 7-6 in the past 4 years against subpar competition not to mention the Aldo and Thomas fights were almost 5 years ago. Alot happens in 5 years
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Delson Heleno is very good as well, that was a few years ago, but still. Volkmann's crowning achievement is decisioning Paul Kelly, so let's not get carried away about his competition either.

I like Volkmann, I like how he rocks the chest hair, like he just don't care. I would love to see him beat McKee, who I do not like at all. But I don't think he will. Seems like Volkmann's plan is to tire him out from what I have read... that's usually not a good sign. He is basically conceding that he won't be able to stop the takedown, but saying that McKee won't be able to hold him there, which may be true... but what is Volkmann going to do if he stuffs the takedown? He can't strike very well either, and McKee will probably beat him there too. Volkmann can obviously win, but even at the current line I don't think McKee is a horrible bet.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

dana: "i go out & make this deal, & then fans are like, 'what's an ion?' 'they don't have hd...too f---ing bad. I got it done."

lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Well what the fuck is an ion? I've got spike, vs, fx, mtv2, fsn. Ion? Nope.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I have Ion... but MTV2 > Ion ?

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Well what the fuck is an ion? I've got spike, vs, fx, mtv2, fsn. Ion? Nope.

"Some people are saying, 'I don't have ION.' You can get ION with rabbit ears. It's a broadcast network. Everybody gets it. Everybody gets this channel. Get a pair of the old rabbit ears out, and you'll pick it up. You don't need cable TV to get this

I looked at ION today and the only thing I saw on it was reruns of Ghost Whisperer ,Criminal Minds and Without a Trace .......I've never watched the channel before but thats all I saw on it
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I have watched it because Bodog used to be on it. That is the only reason I know it exists.

What would you guys think of Leben vs Stann if Leben didn't have that little hot streak in those 2 weeks this year?