Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 125

That was Grays first 5 round title fight. He might come back in better form like Frankie did his second time around. I think it is a learning experience doing it for the first time. If Gray had any jitters I would bet they are gone now.

Oh for the record, I almost bet Gray via TKO. I was pretty spot on for that one, it easily could have been stopped. It didn't suprise me that Gray got the better of the stand up. He has some power in his hands and he has dropped people before. He probably would have done better in the later rounds if he didn't throw so many in the first.

Shocker
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I guess Anthony Pettis is going to start training with Ben Askren while he waits.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=SIX3DH4F

Fight of the year candidate imo

Gray needs to learn some patience and or some serious finishing skills because he looked like he had no fucking clue as to what to do with Frankie once he had him running. He should have taken his back on some of those half assed shots from the knees Frankie was latching onto or tried to push him to his back and started hitting him again or at least just given him enough room to get back up where he was still wobbly as fuck. He definitely blew his wad in round one but in the rematch I doubt it plays out that way.

Whatever the case ends up being I'd still take Gray up to -150.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Antonio Mckee Has Been Released Following His UFC 125 Loss to Jacob Volkmann

Antonio Mckee's debut on the "big leagues" ended up in a split-decision loss to Jacob Volkmann on UFC 125, and it looks like he won't be getting another chance to redeem himself. Much like his Bodyshop teammate Jason High, the former MFC champion has received his walking papers despite having only one decision loss with the promotion. Five Ounces of Pain has it:
    Antonio McKee has been cut from the company’s roster after a single split-decision defeat inside the Octagon. The loss was the first for McKee, who was said to have originally inked a four-year deal with the organization, since February 2003.
    News of the professional separation was confirmed by Five Ounces of Pain with sources close to the involved parties.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Ahh that sucks.

It's because he is black.

Dam, thats kinda fucked up to be honest. but full of LoL's at the same time.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

BTW rewatched the fight and Edgar clearly won the 3rd round. Maynard landed like 2 punches and ends the round caught in a guillotine. LOL

GTFO Vera

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2011/01/...-thiago-silva/
    Fighters face adversity at any given event due to the nature of their chosen endeavor, but in the case of calamity attached to Brandon Vera’s performance against Thiago Silva last weekend at UFC 125 there’s no doubting “The Truth” hurts. Vera, once viewed as being a double-divisional title-contender, was not only soundly beaten by his Brazilian adversary but also suffered a horrific broken nose in the process in addition to an embarrassing open-handed drumming from Silva reminiscent of Randy Couture spanking Tito Ortiz at UFC 44.
    Were those things not enough, according to a source near the situation, Five Ounces of Pain has learned the lanky light heavyweight also received a pink-slip from the UFC as a result of the loss.
    Vera started his career out with an 8-0 record, including a severe beatdown of former heavyweight champ Frank Mir, but has gone 3-6 since an eleven-month break from competition in 2006-2007 due to a contract dispute. His New Year’s Day defeat marked the affable Californian’s third consecutive stumble in the Octagon after compiling back-to-back wins over Krzysztof Soszynski and Mike Patt in previous bouts.
    However, regardless of his recent record, Vera’s newfound status as a free agent should be brief as he is well-liked by fans and possesses a well-rounded set of skills. Also notable is the fact his fight against Silva came after nearly a nine-month absence from the ring due to having suffered facial fractures in March action against Jon Jones. He holds an 11-6 overall record in his career with wins over Soszynski, Mir, and Mike Whitehead.

^ bout time.

Someone once told me that Vera's trainer said he will never fully recognize his potential because he smokes copious amounts of cannabis. Some guys can make it work (Diaz's) but it seems that guys that are already pretty laid back guys (BJ, Vera) just lose the will to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    BTW rewatched the fight and Edgar clearly won the 3rd round. Maynard landed like 2 punches and ends the round caught in a guillotine. LOL

You should watch it again ,this time with your eyes open . Maynard landed 2 punches? the striking in rd3 was damn near even and with the takedowns at the end of the rd Maynard won it .

2 out of 3 judges gave the round to Maynard(I think)
    Maynards corner said he won the rd
    If I remember correctly Edgars corner said he lost the rd
    and even your gay site fightmetric gave the rd to Maynard

The fact that you say Edgar clearly won the round just shows you score rounds just as bad as Ludocain
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    GTFO Vera

Vera sucks ? Who knew ?

Maybe they can put on another Vera vs Jardine battle
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    You should watch it again ,this time with your eyes open . Maynard landed 2 punches? the striking in rd3 was damn near even and with the takedowns at the end of the rd Maynard won it .

2 out of 3 judges gave the round to Maynard(I think)
    Maynards corner said he won the rd
    If I remember correctly Edgars corner said he lost the rd
    and even your gay site fightmetric gave the rd to Maynard

The fact that you say Edgar clearly won the round just shows you score rounds just as bad as Ludocain

and before ZY comes back name calling I'll admit round 3 was close but the way judges score fights if a rd is close and someone gets a takedown in the end of the rd more often than not that fighter wins the rd. Round 5 was alot closer rd imo than rd 3

I never once complained about the fight being a draw if you go back and look at my posts I was mad at the 48-46 Edgar score. I thought Maynard won rd3 and rd5 could have went either way .I couldnt believe both rds went against me on that judges card but thats how things go so.....
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Meh

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    Meh
    Thats it ....... I going to zewkey
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Longtime UFC Veteran Marcus Davis Released After UFC 125 Loss http://t.co/LNrThjn

Davis shouldnt have got cut imo
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP