Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 125

Re: UFC 125

LOL. Edgar/ Maynard a draw. .02u to win 2u. I wont be posting this on the bet tracker.

Any thoughts on Roberts/Soto?

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Any thoughts on Roberts/Soto?

It is a grappler/grappler fight. They are both wrestler/bjj guys. Soto is a good HS wrestler with brown belt in BJJ. Roberts was an NAIA AA (not that big of a deal) and a purplein the gi, but has won some grappling tourneys and has more accomplishments in grappling than Soto. He also is faster and has better striking IMO. He is training with Cesar Gracie team now, so his submission defense should be up to par (IMO the best grappling mma camp out there- none of those Cesar Gracie guys has EVER been subbed- except Nate, once, fighting out of his league).

Soto's wrestling has gotten better, but he showed in the Riddle fight that he has to be on top to win against anotehr grappler. I think Roberts may put him on his back, but if not, Roberts still has a good chance.

Anyway, I got Roberts in that one via superior wrestling, bjj, and striking.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

My picks:

Maynard. They fought before, it wasn't that long ago and it wasn't close. Don't see why he doesn't do the same thing again. Fight probably goes the distance.

Stann. I just don't think Leben's actual skills are very good. He can bang, but so can Stann. I think Stann is quicker and more technical, and he has actually improved a lot. I think Stann just out strikes him.

Thiago Silva. Silva fights like a wild man, and I just don't think Vera can catch him. Boring fight, won by aggression.

Diaz. Stun Gun has been getting by in very close decisions. I think Diaz stuffs a lot of his takedowns and peppers him, maybe subs him from his back.

Grispi. Probably more competive than people think it will be, but Grispi gets it done by being better everywhere.

McKee. Even though Volkmann is the more credentialed wrestler, McKee is clearly a better wrestler. McKee wins in the usual fashion

Mike Thomas Brown. Close and tough to call, but I will take Brown via having more time on top.

Roberts. See above.

Tavares. By default.

Possible bets: Edgar or Maynard by decision, Guida, Roberts (to -180), McKee (to -250), Diaz.

There wasn't anything really close about Stun Gun's win over Amir.
    I heart cock

^ true. I guess his fight with Grant wasn't thatclose either... but he hasn't done anything terribly impressive either...

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    ^ true. I guess his fight with Grant wasn't thatclose either... but he hasn't done anything terribly impressive either...
    Apparently his nickname is "Stun Gun" because he has a mean left hand. I'm still waiting to see that.
    I heart cock

I would love to see him beat Diaz, and KOing him be even better. But he seems like top control only guy to me. Then if he can't get top position, he loses. I would like to see him fight a strong wrestler. Karo beat him... but even Karo is not too tough to take down. Grant has no takedown defense, and Amir is getting better in that area, but I don't know how it was then. Diaz is obviously not great in that area either though... but at least he offers the threat of submission. I guess it is a good style matchup for Kim, but Diaz is getting good. Maybe I should just tack "Not Hyung ITD" on to all my bets as a booster.

I thought the Karo fight was too close to call . . . more of a draw really. I could see a case for saying either guy won that fight, although gun to my head I probably would've given it to Karo, too.
    I heart cock

Stann. I just don't think Leben's actual skills are very good. He can bang, but so can Stann. I think Stann is quicker and more technical, and he has actually improved a lot. I think Stann just out strikes him.
    Glad I'm not the only one.

Fuck ya'll and War Leben.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333
    Glad I'm not the only one.

I also like Stann
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Fuck ya'll and War Leben.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

My picks:

Maynard. They fought before, it wasn't that long ago and it wasn't close. Don't see why he doesn't do the same thing again. Fight probably goes the distance.

Thiago Silva. Silva fights like a wild man, and I just don't think Vera can catch him. Boring fight, won by aggression.

Diaz. Stun Gun has been getting by in very close decisions. I think Diaz stuffs a lot of his takedowns and peppers him, maybe subs him from his back.

Grispi. Probably more competive than people think it will be, but Grispi gets it done by being better everywhere.

McKee. Even though Volkmann is the more credentialed wrestler, McKee is clearly a better wrestler. McKee wins in the usual fashion

Mike Thomas Brown. Close and tough to call, but I will take Brown via having more time on top.

Roberts. See above.

Tavares. By default.

Possible bets: Edgar or Maynard by decision, Guida, Roberts (to -180), McKee (to -250), Diaz.

I'm pretty much with you on most of those. I was originally on Stun Gun at first but after reading more about him I found what you noticed. He had close fights with Karo and Matt Brown, neither of whom are very good. Nate is also a different Nate at 170 pounds. He might be better suited for that weight class. He is 6 feet tall so he can fill out a little better there. His main weakness is wrestling/takedowns so I can definetly see him losing. He is pretty appealing as a dog though.

McKee lost to Karo Parisyan. I would like to see that tape. That is the one thing that stops me from betting him.

I think Stann can beat Leben also but Leben is always game for mid level guys. They both seem to be improving as well.

I think Guida beats Gomi. Guida has been at Jacksons now and he seems like he is getting good. I wish he was a dog.

I think Daniel Roberts will be Soto. Roberts seems like a beast.

I have to wonder how the weight cut will effect Marcus Davis. He gassed in his last fight at 170, blamed overtraining. Who knows. I can't see him winning this though.

Thiago is a beast. He has way more power standing. I would think he should be able to drop Vera but who knows how Vera will be after having his face smashed in. Maybe he will be all beasty now. I def think Vera can outpoint him standing regardless. He also has good wrestling.

The only bet I know I will be making is Maynard Decision.
    1 unit = 300 $

^ I forgot about Stephens/Davis. I think Stephens wins that pretty handily. Davis got old all of the sudden.

^ I forgot about Stephens/Davis. I think Stephens wins that pretty handily. Davis got old all of the sudden.
    I don't think Davis got old so much as he started fighting better competition.

Hardy's pretty damn good, Saunders was too tall, and Diaz looks like he's going to be better at 170 than he is at 155. Somewhere in the middle there he fought Jonathan Goulet, who he TKOd.
    I heart cock

He gassed in the diaz fight as well. Claimed it was overtraining which could be true. He cuts very easily also. He isn't bad, he has good hands. I think Jeremy's wrestling will be an issue for this fight as well. It should go a way towards wearing out Davis too. Davis's most feasible path to victory IMO is to end the fight in the first or second round. After that he might get worn out from the weight cut and pace of the fight. Stephens can wrestle him and I am sure he will. Why would he want to stand with Davis?

SPX made a good point about the competition getting better, I didn't think of that. All in all I think Davis's problems are as follows (age+weight cut+weight cut for the first time) + Jeremy stephens standup power + Jeremy Stephens wrestling ability.

Anyone disagree?
    1 unit = 300 $

I think you've got it wrapped up pretty tightly, Edman. No arguments from me. I wonder what the line will be.
    I heart cock

Why Guida? (You didn't give that fight it's own little "bullet")

I haven't done all my research yet, but I'll probably be on Maynard, Silva, Hyun-Kim, and Gomi.