Thread: Bernard Hopkins to fight Jean Pascal Dec 18th

Bernard Hopkins to fight Jean Pascal Dec 18th

Bernard Hopkins has made a career of proving naysayers wrong.

"The Executioner" did it when he knocked out Felix Trinidad to become the undisputed middleweight champion in 2001 in a major upset. He did it again when he dominated heavily favored Antonio Tarver to win the light heavyweight title in 2006. And he did it yet again when he thrashed then-middleweight champ Kelly Pavlik, the big favorite, in a 2008 nontitle bout.

Now, Hopkins is hoping to do it one more time when he meets newly crowned light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal.

They are slated to meet Dec. 18 in Quebec City after agreeing to terms, both sides told ESPN.com on Tuesday.
    "We agreed on everything," Hopkins said. "There is no issue. There is no problem with my side or Pascal's side. The contracts have been drafted. It's a done deal. All I gotta do is sign."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5518403
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Bernard Hopkins to fight Jean Pascal Dec 18th

MMA?
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Link doesn't work.

Who's going to win?
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY|
    Link doesn't work.

Who's going to win?

fixed the link
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Hopkins via UD.

He will outbox the shit out of Pascal.

You better hope he wins every damn round by domination, because the judges will give every close round to Pascal. And every punch that lands on Hopkins gloves will have the crowd going crazy. This is a very tough fight for Hopkins. Pascal is not Pavlik. Pascal is fast and throws punches in bunches. He also will not have a young guy throwing back at him in volume, as Hopkins has slowed considerably recently. Not that he threw many punches to begin with.

Pascal by UD.

^^^^^^^Philly shell for life!

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    You better hope he wins every damn round by domination, because the judges will give every close round to Pascal. And every punch that lands on Hopkins gloves will have the crowd going crazy. This is a very tough fight for Hopkins. Pascal is not Pavlik. Pascal is fast and throws punches in bunches. He also will not have a young guy throwing back at him in volume, as Hopkins has slowed considerably recently. Not that he threw many punches to begin with.

Pascal by UD.

Pascal got outboxed by Carl Froch

nuff said
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke

Pascal by UD.

Pascal got outboxed by Carl Froch

nuff said
    Many believe Kessler did also. That was also weight drained Pascal, he is a much better fighter at Light heavy.

Lets get serious here. This fight is going to a decision. Bernard dropped rounds to Roy Jones and Enrique Ornelas(LOL) due to inactivity.

Factor in the home turf for Pascal, and all Pascal has to do is win 3 rounds, and keep 3 or 4 more close, and he is handed the decision.

For real, all Pascal has to do to win here is throw punches at Hopkins when he leans up against the ropes and just stands and stares. The punches do not even have to land, the crowd will go crazy, and the judges will score all close rounds to Pascal.

I thought the Dawson(a fighter BHOP wanted no part of) fight was close, but Pascal was comfortably ahead when it was stopped...WHY? because the judges gave any remotely close round to the home town boy.

Lets get serious here. This fight is going to a decision. Bernard dropped rounds to Roy Jones and Enrique Ornelas(LOL) due to inactivity.

Factor in the home turf for Pascal, and all Pascal has to do is win 3 rounds, and keep 3 or 4 more close, and he is handed the decision.

For real, all Pascal has to do to win here is throw punches at Hopkins when he leans up against the ropes and just stands and stares. The punches do not even have to land, the crowd will go crazy, and the judges will score all close rounds to Pascal.

I thought the Dawson(a fighter BHOP wanted no part of) fight was close, but Pascal was comfortably ahead when it was stopped...WHY? because the judges gave any remotely close round to the home town boy.

You dont think its funny Hopkins didnt want to fight Dawson but jumped all over fighting Pascal ?

Kind of like he jumped all over fighting Pavlik the guy you twice beat Taylot and everyone said he had no chance against.

I dont see how Pascal is going to be able to hit Hopkins
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

He will not need to hit him. Hopkins will turtle up half the round, and Pascal will throw punches, and the crowd will go wild. BTW, Jones hit Hopkins with shots. Roy F'n Jones.

Did you see the Dawson fight? Pascal won rounds where Dawson actually landed more shots. Same thing is bound to happen here.

I could see where Hop. thinks he has the style to beat Pascal. But if Pascal fights Hop the way he fought Dawson. IMO, Hop is dead meat. Pascal will throw 60 to 70 punches a round, and Hop will throw 20. At the end of the fight Hop will complain about the decision, and say he landed the cleaner shots...and he might be right.

^^^ I doubt it . Pascal isnt that fast imo.

Pascal would have been beat by Dawson had Dawson decided he wanted to fight .

None of this will matter till I see a line .
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

If you really like Hopkins here. I would jump on him at open. Because I do not think the books will overlook how Hopkins has looked his last 2 fights.

I might bet Hop. @ the open if he is a decent dog just to possibly hedge later with a Pascal by decision bet.

If you really like Hopkins here. I would jump on him at open. Because I do not think the books will overlook how Hopkins has looked his last 2 fights.

I might bet Hop. @ the open if he is a decent dog just to possibly hedge later with a Pascal by decision bet.

A dog ?

Hopkins isnt going to be the dog
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Hop is fighting the champ in the champs own backyard. A champ who just beat the #1 light heavy, while Hop looked pretty much awful against 2 guys not even in the top 10.

If you are right, I got Pascal for sure if you are...what makes you think Pascal can not do to Hop what Taylor did twice?