Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: YTD results

Re: YTD results

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Like I said earlier, September is fucking FULL of MMA. Hopefully you'll act like sensible heterosexual male and will show up for some of it.
    Is it?

Compared to August it looks like a wasteland.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Nvm, I see it picks up in a big way towards the end.

Thats pretty impressive MMA. And I do not think it had any thing to do with luck, because as you saidf, there were probably some fights that did not go your way. I think the Simpson-Lawlor fight was not lucky...I actually thought it was a draw, if not a Simpson win.

Would anyone be opposed to me making a differnt thread for each event consisting of just everyones bets...no debate over the fights themselves, just straight bets on the event in question.

I'm having a pretty good year. I kind of switched things up starting in May, doing more research placing more bets. It's been working well so far:

Jan-April: 29 MMA bets \ wagering 72.9 U \ +16.4 U for the period.
    May-Aug: 54 MMA bets \ wagering 140 U \ +38.6 U for the period.

Counting units, I'm +55 U (1U = 1%), but in terms of actual $$, the bankroll is up 69%, because of compounding and all that.

Looking back at my bet history, I remember I had the habit of placing a small bet on each of Lashley's opponents. After the Sims fight, I got tired of losing money that way, and stopped.

Where I lucked out: the Galvao fights. I had a pretty big bet on Lawler over Manhoef. Also not sure Bader was the right call over Jardine.

If I have a shift in strategy planned for the last 4 months, it will be to bet more on each fight, and also to keep my focus on wrestlers and try to avoid sprawl-and-brawl-win predictions, since I don't have a good record there. Of course, I'm mulling a bet on Cro Cop over Mir as I say that. And if Bader wasn't the right call over Jardine, wouldn't Little Nog have some value? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    Thats pretty impressive MMA. And I do not think it had any thing to do with luck, because as you saidf, there were probably some fights that did not go your way. I think the Simpson-Lawlor fight was not lucky...I actually thought it was a draw, if not a Simpson win.

Would anyone be opposed to me making a differnt thread for each event consisting of just everyones bets...no debate over the fights themselves, just straight bets on the event in question.
    Thanks. With Simpson, I just meant he was nearly finished in Round 1 and I was on the wrong side for sure.

I would love just a bet breakdown... I actually tried to do it for UFC 118... I had a spreadsheet in there somewhere. Then I started to do if for UFN 22... I created a google docs spreadsheet with all the regulars' names... but I gave up because you have to log in to see it. I am too computer illiterate to make a functional spreadsheet. So if you would do that, that would be awesome. I like having a quick reference of plays from people's that I know follow MMA...
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by Svino
    I'm having a pretty good year. I kind of switched things up starting in May, doing more research placing more bets. It's been working well so far:

Jan-April: 29 MMA bets \ wagering 72.9 U \ +16.4 U for the period.
    May-Aug: 54 MMA bets \ wagering 140 U \ +38.6 U for the period.

Counting units, I'm +55 U (1U = 1%), but in terms of actual $$, the bankroll is up 69%, because of compounding and all that.

Looking back at my bet history, I remember I had the habit of placing a small bet on each of Lashley's opponents. After the Sims fight, I got tired of losing money that way, and stopped.

Where I lucked out: the Galvao fights. I had a pretty big bet on Lawler over Manhoef. Also not sure Bader was the right call over Jardine.

If I have a shift in strategy planned for the last 4 months, it will be to bet more on each fight, and also to keep my focus on wrestlers and try to avoid sprawl-and-brawl-win predictions, since I don't have a good record there. Of course, I'm mulling a bet on Cro Cop over Mir as I say that. And if Bader wasn't the right call over Jardine, wouldn't Little Nog have some value? Hmm...
    That's a really impressive return. I wish you would make your plays known in an easy to access format.

^^ if you are killing it like that, you need to share the wealth is what I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj

Im definatly down with that.

I would even tally everything up after every event and keep a running tally.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Since I started posting here, I do try to post plays in the event thread, (usually pretty close to fight time since I procrastinate on research.) It can be hard to find people's plays in the long threads, so I'd totally be down with sbjj's idea as well though.

If you're wondering about the wager/profit ratio, I can tell you it's high-looking because I tend to bet more dogs (and because I've been lucky). Someone who makes a X% profit betting dogs will have a much higher ratio than someone who makes X% betting favorites. Doesn't make it a better method; since what counts is the $$$ you haul in.

I was just giving you shit, but I seriously would like to see your plays before hand. I don't know if you have been out to teh blog lately, but Charles has a google docs spreadsheet with all his plays, including his upcoming, he is actually beating my ass too. I linked it as a resource. It is a tidy and efficient way to track and share your plays.

I think the spreadsheet would be a good idea. It would be best if anyone could just edit in their own plays so no one really had to manage it too much.

^^^ Speaking of your blog, why da fuck you require Google logins? That's the only reason I have never been over there. I don't have a Google login and not sure I want to create one.
    I heart cock

Keeps out the lurkers. Only dedicated members of the secret cabal.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    You couldn't do that with just a regular username/password set up?
    I heart cock

Read: remains barren

I would love to do that, but i don't know how. It just asks me for permissions, I send an invite, and that is it. You can use any email as your google ID. It takes about as long as registering here. That said, you are not missing anything.., I am experiencing the same phenomenon we were discussing earlier... I closed it off to only about 40 readers, and all but a few of them have bitten the dust or lost interest... Guys would post a lot then disappear. I can only assume the money management monster ate their bankrolls. I might have to open it up again to get some new guys.

I would love to do that, but i don't know how. It just asks me for permissions, I send an invite, and that is it. You can use any email as your google ID. It takes about as long as registering here. That said, you are not missing anything.., I am experiencing the same phenomenon we were discussing earlier... I closed it off to only about 40 readers, and all but a few of them have bitten the dust or lost interest... Guys would post a lot then disappear. I can only assume the money management monster ate their bankrolls. I might have to open it up again to get some new guys.
    If I feel like I have something to say now, I tend to post it over here because it's more active.

I still read/like your blog, though. Keep it up!

A spreadsheet type deal with everyone's picks per event would be awesome.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Perhaps you should open it back up then. Some user turnover is natural but you have no exposure with which to replace the ones that fade away.

All we have to do is start a tracker thread for each event .Zak already does this for all the other sports sections .He also tallies everything up
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Svino
    If I feel like I have something to say now, I tend to post it over here because it's more active.

I still read/like your blog, though. Keep it up!
    I usually post here first, get all my analysis done here, then post my play over there. I would actually like to let it go, as I started it in order to get feedback from a handful of non shertarded people. I have this forum now, which I prefer because it is more active. I didn't know about this forum then or I would have never started it. I have like 2 or 3 readers that still post though and I like getting their opinions. And they won't come over here. I like to get Chaos' opinions, but he has his blog, so I can just check in there and comment, which I do anyways. I can post Charles' spreadsheet here. I think that Joe and Aussie_Jay are really good cappers though, and they refuse to come over here.