Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing talk/ plays

Re: Boxing thread plays

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Arthur Abrbaham next week man. I might be betting pretty big on that one
    Agreed. I like Abraham too. Lots of good fights to finish off the year. I will probably be playing Juanma-Katsidis as well as Khan-Maidana and Pascal-Bhop.

But the Abraham fight has the best odds IMO.
    2011 YTD: (Revised 1/11/11)

NFL ATS: 1-2 -1.2 units
    NFL ML: 1-0, +1.1 units
    NFL Teaser: 0-1, -3.0 units

NBA ATS: 0-1, -1.1 units

YTD: -4.2 units

I've got a parlay with Khan left to finish it out.Imight playt him straight too.I might play JMM by KO or stoppage.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I like Khan straight also. Probably going to play Pascal-BHop over 11.5 rounds or something on the end result. Juan Ma by KO looks solid too.

I'm ready to see the 3rd fight now
    PWill needs to show he deserves that fight IMO, that KO was pretty decisive. I don't see Pac or Mayweather fighting Martinez. Maybe Pirog? I genuinely dunno where he goes though, kind of slim pickings.

Matinez should take a rematch with Cintron and beat his ass . He got screwed big time in the first fight. I'd have to look to see who else he might fight. Zero chance Manny or Mayweather want to fight him imo .
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I will not be riding with you guys on Abraham. After MUCH thought, i think Froch will actually win. And I think Katsidis has a strong shot for the upset.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    I will not be riding with you guys on Abraham. After MUCH thought, i think Froch will actually win. And I think Katsidis has a strong shot for the upset.

I think Froch win rounds 1-2 or 3 and then Abraham takes over the fight .I cant reallysee Froch winning. He cant bully Abraham ,he cant out box him.

JMM-KAtsidis might be close early but Katsidis will probably get stopped later in the fight imo
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I think Froch win rounds 1-2 or 3 and then Abraham takes over the fight .I cant reallysee Froch winning. He cant bully Abraham ,he cant out box him.

JMM-KAtsidis might be close early but Katsidis will probably get stopped later in the fight imo
    Abraham takes over fights that early against weak opposition. He tends to take over fights much later when facing better guys. You might find yourself surprised because I can see Froch outboxing him and bullying him. Dirrell was able to bully him...and dirrell does not bully anyone.

i think the cat might be out of the bag with Arthur, the blueprint to beat him is there. i think Froch can do it. Froch is a better boxer than I have given him credit for. I thought he looked very good against kess. He surprised me.

Kats could get stopped late, but i think Kats is a much better fighter than he was a few years ago. i think the fight is actually real close. I think anyone even thinking of bettin JMM at his price is insane.

I think Katsidis gets stopped as well. Pondering a round bet, currently I have it at -140 for Under 9.5. Looks enticing.

Interesting take on Froch sbjj, I just don't see it. Froch looked ok against Kess, but Kess is overrated in my mind and Abraham tactically outboxes him for an 8-4 decision, or maybe a late late KO. Would I shocked if it was even after 6 or maybe 8 rounds? No. But Abraham banks 3 or 4 late rounds and gets the W.

Funny that you think Kess is overrated, but not Arthur. Kess has fought the tougher competition. In my eyes, Dirrell is the only elite guy that Abraham has fought. And we saw what happened there. Honestly, who has Abraham fought?

Froch will not tire in the later rounds and just let Abraham jump all over him. I think it is a mistake to think that.

Still need to hear back from a couple of guys on this fight. Because it does look like I am in the minority.

I think AA-Froch will be a replay of AA-Taylor
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Better hope not. You will be sweating bullets. Abraham pulled that one out in the last round, Just like Froch did against Taylor.

Froch is much more durable than Taylor.

Keep in mind, AA has not looked as devastating since moving up in weight and competition.

Better hope not. You will be sweating bullets. Abraham pulled that one out in the last round, Just like Froch did against Taylor.

Froch is much more durable than Taylor.

Keep in mind, AA has not looked as devastating since moving up in weight and competition.

Taylor won rounds 1-4 and then AA won every round after that . Thats what I mean by replay of that fight

I think you're giving Froch too much credit . He was clearly out boxed by Taylor and his other two fights were really close(kessler ,dirrell) I actually scored the Dirrell fight for Dirrell and the Kessler fight a draw

I'm going to rewatch most of the fights this week but I think I'm putting a big play on AA
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I could be wrong, but I think I remember Taylor being real tight on the cards in the Abraham fight. And that was in Abrahams backyard. I just watched the fight again this weekend and it was as close as the Froch fight was.

I agree that Dirrell beat froch. But Froch also made him real uncomfortable. While Dirrell straight kicked Arthur's ass. And IMO that was the first time Arthur stepped in their with an in his prime elite fighter. Not saying i think Froch is a sure thing, far from it. but i think Abraham as a fave over possibly the first(or second) toughest fighter he has ever faced is a stretch.

You really think Froch is just gonna fall for that pop out the turtle shell shit abraham does in the later rounds? He is not Taylor and will not tire out in the late rounds.

Funny that you think Kess is overrated, but not Arthur. Kess has fought the tougher competition. In my eyes, Dirrell is the only elite guy that Abraham has fought. And we saw what happened there. Honestly, who has Abraham fought?

Froch will not tire in the later rounds and just let Abraham jump all over him. I think it is a mistake to think that.

Still need to hear back from a couple of guys on this fight. Because it does look like I am in the minority.
    Abraham has 2 Decisive victories over Miranda, a W vs. Jermain Taylor, and a nice KO vs. Marquez. The Dirrell fight is comical but I won't go into "that."
    I will give you that Kessler has fought the better competition. He looked great agrainst Andrade, shutouts across the board I believe. Then got dominated by Calzaghe (on a fight I bet Kess, actually). Couple tuneups led to Ward DESTROYING him, then won a veryyyyy close decision against Froch, so he hasn't necessarily done well against that better competition though.

Froch beat Taylor and Pascal (nice W), agreed. But against Taylor, he was behind on the cards, got knocked down early, and got the late stoppage. He beat Dirrell, but home field advantage could be to blame (split decision).

I'll rewatch a lot of these fights, but I think Abraham at his current price is a good buy!

Miranda and Marquez are not good wins. Froch would rape them both. Those are the names that made Abraham overrated IMO. Not that Froch himself is not overrated. All the european fighters(in the sup.6) were overrated.

The Dirrell decision was bad, and I had a decent bet on Dirrell. But at least Froch fought on his level and gave him fits. Dirrell made Arthur look like he did not even belong in the same ring.

The only difference in the Taylor matches is that Taylor gassed earlier against Arthur than he did against Froch. Taylor was beating them both.

AA was on the way to KOing Dirrell at the end just like Froch did to Taylor in their fight . Had AA not got DQ'd I think he would have won ,Dirrell was ready to go. Froch never had Dirrell hurt at any time in the fight (that I can remember)

If Taylor can almost KO Froch I really think AA will
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Dirrell was tired, but IMO he could of made the final bell. Keep in mind, he was tired from beating Arthurs ass. To compare the two fights is meaningless. He was running and holding for much of the Froch fight. He just straight up put a beating on Abraham.

Taylor did not almost KO Froch. Come on, go watch it again. he dropped him quickly from a real good shot. Same kind of shot(shots) he dropped Pavlik with. Using that logic, i guess you could say if Dirrell could almost KO Arthur, than Froch sure can.

I honestly see nothing that would show why Arthur should be a fave. over Froch. Unless you believe the whole Froch sucks crowd. I was sort of on board with that. But after watching some of his fights again(Pascal,Dirrell, and Kess.) I am starting to think the guy is not near as primitive as I once thought. I think, at the least, you guys are going to be surprised Sat. night.

Miranda and Marquez are not good wins. Froch would rape them both. Those are the names that made Abraham overrated IMO. Not that Froch himself is not overrated. All the european fighters(in the sup.6) were overrated.

The Dirrell decision was bad, and I had a decent bet on Dirrell. But at least Froch fought on his level and gave him fits. Dirrell made Arthur look like he did not even belong in the same ring.

The only difference in the Taylor matches is that Taylor gassed earlier against Arthur than he did against Froch. Taylor was beating them both.
    Agree to disagree then. At the time, the Miranda wins were impressive, maybe not now as we hit 2011, but in 2006 and 2008? Nice W's in my mind. As for Marquez, dude battled Vargas, Mosley, Taylor, was a titleholder, fought/lost to Yuri Boy Campas. Come on, he's a battler.

I think it's a healthy debate, you make some good points, and the odds are good on both fighters, but I like AA at the line he's currently at.

Well, a couple of guys I trust just came in. One guy has Abraham in the 10th. The other likes Abraham also, but really likes the under.

Shit, I guess i could have this one all wrong. Was starting to think maybe I was just convincing myself of a play this week.

You guys like the under? If Arthur is hitting Froch with the type of bombs you think he will, can he make it to the final bell?