Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13535859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1318

Thread: Boxing talk/ plays

I think I am gonna play BHop over Dawson.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj View Post
    I think I am gonna play BHop over Dawson.
    So am I ,Dawson dumping his trainer so close to the fight was a bad idea. Thought Hopkins was going to win before that happened now I'm almost sure of it
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    So am I ,Dawson dumping his trainer so close to the fight was a bad idea. Thought Hopkins was going to win before that happened now I'm almost sure of it
    Yea, there is something wrong with Dawson. Almost like he does not even want to fight anymore. I do not want to go overboard, but it could be a substantial bet.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

You guys think $ will come in on B-Hop now?

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    You guys think $ will come in on B-Hop now?
    A huge amount has already came in on Dawson ,Hopkins opened at -300 and is +110 now. Doubt it moves much but if it does I'd say it will go towards Hopkins.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Thanks for bumping this I still need to read that Mayweather article
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

The Super Six Final between super middleweight world champions @AndreWard & @Carl_Froch is rescheduled for Sat. Dec. 17 at Boardwalk Hall!

How long has this Super 6 tourney been going on? 2 years?
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    How long has this Super 6 tourney been going on? 2 years?
    2 years in October I think
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Ward suffered a cut during training
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post

^^^^^this guy is making his pro debut at 52 years old tonight on the under-card of Hopkins-Dawson..............wish him luck
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

^^^^^^^was just coming to post that.

Ill probably only watch his fight since thats way past my bed time.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    ^^^^^^^was just coming to post that.

Ill probably only watch his fight since thats way past my bed time.
    I'll be rooting for him................call your guy and see what the line is?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Looks like the 52 year old guy won his fight. . .

SOURCE: Luke
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Looks like the 52 year old guy won his fight. . .

SOURCE: Luke
    Thanks X.

LOS ANGELES -- Dewey Bozella has won his pro boxing debut at 52 years old, beating Larry Hopkins by unanimous decision on Saturday night.
    Wrongfully convicted of murder, Bozella spent 26 years in prison before he was exonerated in 2009. The New York native became the light heavyweight champion of Sing Sing while earning two college degrees behind bars.
    Bozella caught the eye of Golden Boy Promotions, which is promoting the Oct. 15 card, after his life was chronicled in July on ESPN's annual ESPY Award show. Bozella was honored with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award on the show.

His victory, punctuating by a devastating punch to Larry Hopkins' head at the final bell, brought the crowd to its feet.
    "I used to lay in my cell and dream about this happening," Bozella said. "It was all worth it. It was my dream come true."
    Bozella was convicted of killing 92-year-old Emma Crapser on her way home after a night out playing bingo. He maintained his innocence throughout a quarter-century behind bars, even turning down a plea-bargain offer in 1990 that would have required admitting guilt, until his conviction was overturned.
    Bozella battered the winless Hopkins throughout the second half of their four-round fight. Hopkins also lost points for losing his mouthpiece six times in the final round, apparently exhausted and unable to match Bozella's conditioning.
    Bozella didn't have a younger man's hand speed, but he moved with a confident ease and showed strong technique in the ring, constantly moving his head and outmaneuvering Hopkins. Both cruiserweights absorbed big shots in the first two rounds, but Bozella was never hurt beyond a welt near his left eye.
    Bozella dominated the fourth round, even finishing the final seconds in style. After Hopkins spit his mouthpiece into the air and flailed at it with his boxing gloves, Bozella decked him with a right cross at the bell, leaving Hopkins woozy on the ropes.
    With his family and friends gathered around him in the ring, Bozella raised his gloves in victory when the judges favored him 39-36, 38-37 and 38-36.
    "This was my first and last fight," said Bozella, who lives in Newburgh, N.Y. "It's a young man's game. I did what I wanted to do, and I'm happy. I appreciate everybody that made this possible. This has been one of the greatest experiences of my life."
    Bozella has never lived without tragedy. His father beat his pregnant mother to death when he was 9 years old, and two of his brothers were murdered on the Brooklyn streets.
    Four months after he moved to Poughkeepsie, N.Y., in 1977, he was suspected of killing Crapser, but not indicted by a grand jury. Bozella cleaned up a life of petty crime and embraced boxing at a gym run by former heavyweight champion Floyd Patterson, but he was arrested and convicted of Crapser's murder in December 1983 on the strength of false testimony from other convicts.
    Bozella's story attracted the attention of Oscar De La Hoya and his business associates, who arranged for Bozella to fight in Los Angeles after he passed the California State Athletic Commission's fitness requirements.
    Although the crowd loved Bozella's fight, he hopes to spend his life training fighters in Newburgh.
    "I'm going to concentrate on the Dewey Bozella Foundation, which really means opening a gym in my town," Bozella said. "Because there are no gyms, and I'd like to see kids who are on the street have something productive to do. No more fighting for me."
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

That's awesome. I wonder if we'll be able to find a vid of the fight.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    That's awesome. I wonder if we'll be able to find a vid of the fight.
    I'm sure we will,will post when I find it.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP