Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing talk/ plays

Re: Boxing thread plays

Luke, sbjj:

"4u (1.25) on George Grove - He our Olympic Gold Medalist rival. He is fighting an undeafeted banger in Kenny Anderson who did not look too great in his last two fights. Considering the amount of money they will make fighting DeGale in the future i dont think they would have taken this fight if they believe it to be too risky."

Yay or Nay?
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Luke, sbjj:

"4u (1.25) on George Grove - He our Olympic Gold Medalist rival. He is fighting an undeafeted banger in Kenny Anderson who did not look too great in his last two fights. Considering the amount of money they will make fighting DeGale in the future i dont think they would have taken this fight if they believe it to be too risky."

Yay or Nay?

I dont see -400 anywhere I see -700 . I dont know anything about either guy though sorry
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Grove should win for sure...but the line is just way too high for me.

Chexk out the Davies-Hall fight. Davies has a great shot, and is the underdog.

Didn't know where to put this. Don't really watch too much boxing so I need some help...

Does Margarito have much of a chance against Pac? My book has Margarito at +400 and I know he's the much bigger man with something to prove where as Pac looks to have his hands full on 24/7 with appearances and being in the Senate. Any chance he's taking Margarito lightly? Granted Margarito looked like shit against Mosley but supposedly he cut 30lbs over the course of camp so thats not unexpected.

I just keep thinking one of these days he's going to take on a guy thats just too big for him....course I thought Cotto might have been the guy and he got killed so...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Unreliable
    Didn't know where to put this. Don't really watch too much boxing so I need some help...

Does Margarito have much of a chance against Pac? My book has Margarito at +400 and I know he's the much bigger man with something to prove where as Pac looks to have his hands full on 24/7 with appearances and being in the Senate. Any chance he's taking Margarito lightly? Granted Margarito looked like shit against Mosley but supposedly he cut 30lbs over the course of camp so thats not unexpected.

I just keep thinking one of these days he's going to take on a guy thats just too big for him....course I thought Cotto might have been the guy and he got killed so...

I dont think Margarito stands any chance of winning
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Do not get sucked into the 24/7 hype. Freddie and company are doing all they can to make this seem like it is somewhat close. The SPEED difference here is going to be SOOOO huge. If Manny is in decent shape, i doubt Marg. even gets more than a dozen decent shots on him.

REMEMBER, Marg. is not a big puncher, he is a volume puncher who wears down his opponents through multiple rounds of punishment. he will not land like that on Pac.

Hey Luke, what is your opinion on Antonio and his loaded gloves. My opinion is this...most of the evidence points to him having loaded gloves(IMO) in MOST of his big wins(Cotto, Citron). Just look at the way he busted those dudes up with his slow ass volume punches. I am almost sure that Marg. is a tough DECENT fighter who cheated to get some of his better wins. i think without the aid of it, he stands little chance of really inflicting that kind of damage on Pac.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    Do not get sucked into the 24/7 hype. Freddie and company are doing all they can to make this seem like it is somewhat close. The SPEED difference here is going to be SOOOO huge. If Manny is in decent shape, i doubt Marg. even gets more than a dozen decent shots on him.
    100% agree thats why I never watch any 24/7 shows or any build up shows. All they are trying to do is get PPV sales by making people think Marg. has a chance

Hey Luke, what is your opinion on Antonio and his loaded gloves. My opinion is this...most of the evidence points to him having loaded gloves(IMO) in MOST of his big wins(Cotto, Citron). Just look at the way he busted those dudes up with his slow ass volume punches.
    I never really gave his other fightsall thought but I'm sure he was loaded when fighting Cotto. Cotto was clearly out boxing him until the damage from the loaded gloves got to him

I think I'm going to take Manny by decision @ +300 this weekend for a small play,not 100% sure yet though
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I watch 24/7 purely for the fact that it gets me hyped for the show and motivates me whenw orking out or running. I would factor in NOTHING the "rumors" that Pac is having a weak camp. They said that Mosley was having the best camp of his career before he fought Floyd, went to Big Bear, trained nonstop, and he barely won a round and a half in that fight.

I agree Marga-cheat-o has no chance of winning this fight as well. Bigger will not be better in ths fight and Pac will run circles around him. I think the decision prop is actually a decent prop @ +300.

I can see it being something like 9 rounds to 3.
    2011 YTD: (Revised 1/11/11)

NFL ATS: 1-2 -1.2 units
    NFL ML: 1-0, +1.1 units
    NFL Teaser: 0-1, -3.0 units

NBA ATS: 0-1, -1.1 units

YTD: -4.2 units

^^^ I was going to take Marg. +18.5 points @ +200 but that means he has to win 3 rounds and I'm not sure he will .No matter what I play if anything it will be small
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I parlayed Pac with a couple of other fights individually. I think I have him with Benavidez in one parlay, Faber in another, and Noke in another.

I think the Pac dec. prop has the most value, as i think it is about 50/50 on if Pac stops him mid to late or if Antonio makes it to the final bell.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    I think the Pac dec. prop has the most value, as i think it is about 50/50 on if Pac stops him mid to late or if Antonio makes it to the final bell.

I'll be playing Manny by decision +300 for .25 or .5 units. I may try to find a parlay too

I'm hoping Manny gets a huge lead on the cards and then plays it safe the last few rounds knowing Marg. needs a KO to win
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Ill probably be on Pac too.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Jesus Ruiz, George Groves, David Haye, Mike Jones and Pac Man are all guys who should handily win this weekend. Pick 3 or 4 of them for a parlay.

I am going to probably do a Jones, Ruiz, Groves parlay.

^^^ I'd throw Rigondeaux in there as well.

Live weigh-ins on Sportscenter coming up in about 15 minutes. I heard Margarito was having trouble making wait. I'm looking forward to see how he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungTRK484
    Live weigh-ins on Sportscenter coming up in about 15 minutes. I heard Margarito was having trouble making wait. I'm looking forward to see how he looks.

I seen a picuture of him a week ago and he looked fine .Of course I dont know what his weight was then
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Yikes Manny only weighed 144.5 . He was suppose to come in at around 148. Margarito looked fine at 150 . Manny might be outweighed by 20lbs by tomorrow

Manny should have made the weight limit 147 not 150
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I am following you guys and my other guy.

.5u on Pac/Groves
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTRK484

I seen a picuture of him a week ago and he looked fine .Of course I dont know what his weight was then
    Couple thoughts:

-- Margarito looked rail thin. I bet he rehydrates up to 170.
    -- Pacman came in light. Only 144? He won't re-hydrate much from there.
    -- LOL'ed at the Cheater chants.
    -- They're fighting with 8 oz. gloves, instead of the more normal 10 oz gloves for this weight class. This makes a knockout more likely. I'm still considering the decision prop, and also thinking of Marga-cheato +18.5

I know he's manny but that size difference worries me. Giving up 20lbs on fight night is not something to take lightly....I'm staying away from betting this one but damn I can't wait to see what happens.