Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce St. Louis Dec. 4th

Re: Strikeforce St. Louis Dec. 4th

Herschel Walker off Dec. 4 @Strikeforce card after a deep cut under his left eye required multiple stitches after training Monday at AKA.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

LOL consecutive posts.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I am thinking about taking Hendo, Paul Daley, and I was thinking about Lindland. I don't know if he can deal with Lawlers strikes though, Lawler can wrestle ok.
    1 unit = 300 $

Lawler will KO Lindland IMO. Lindland is 40 years old and has suprisingly shitty takedowns for being one of the most decorated wrestlers ever to compete in MMA. Lawler also has underrated takedown defense... Shields had to jump guard on him. My guess is that this is one ugly clinch fest. Lindland could concievably win though by clinching the hell out of Lawler with the occasional takedown.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Overeem out.

Mike Kyle in.

Was Overeem on this card? Who was he fighting? Also, damn... I guess that means Kyle won't be getting choked out in January by Roger

^^ NM. Valentijn Overeem... Still, should be a win for Silva IMO.

I mean, they couldn't find a HW to fight Silva? Kyle is 205er and Silva is called Bigfoot for a reason...

Yeah I see what your saying about Lindland. His latest losses have been against good guys though, Belfort, Q jackson, Jacare, and Fedor. Other than that he hasn't had a loss since 2004 but no real big wins either. I remember watching the Kevin Casey fight(his most recent) thinking to myself that he wasn't doing that great against a guy who wasn't very good. I haven't seen a lot of Lindland fights but it is hard to guage how good he is just looking at his record. His only losses are to top calibre guys.

Lawler does seem like a bad stylistic matchup though, you are correct. He did pretty shitty against Renato Sobral though, he looked like he was afraid to engage. Maybe because he didn't want to end up on the ground with a guy that could def sub him. That one is too hard to tell.

What do you think about Hendo-Sobral?

As far as Daley/Smith goes I think Daley should wreck him. BTW this fight is at 170 pounds, Scott normally fights at 185. He claims it is an easy cut for him though. Also, Scott Smith has a wrestling background if you didn't know. He just never uses it..I think he was a junior college wrestler, his best was placing 4th in california. Pretty decent but I think Daley has pretty good takedown D. He is strong as hell and explosive. If he has a good line I will probably be on him but I think he will be a big fav.

Hendo might have a decent line on him though, hopefully. I am a little worried about Sobral subbing him though, he is pretty crafty. Hendo did last 5 rounds on the ground with Shields though. It's tough to call but I think Hendo should win. I don't see him getting knocked out by Sobral, he doesnt hit hard. Hendo should be able to control the fight with strikes/clinching/takedowns.
    1 unit = 300 $

Edman,

Yeah, I don't know about Lindland, but just watching his fights, even his wins, he doesn't look very good lately. My feeling is that Lawler is better at this point and will let his hands go more... but I am not betting it and I wouldn't be surprised if Lindland gets it done.

I think Henderson should win by forcing a standup fight. I wouldn't gauge his submission defense by Shields though... Shields is not really a submission machine, Sobral is more threatening IMO. Babalue is dangerous everywhere (Babalu also beat Frank Mir in a grappling match not too long ago) and definitely has better finishing skills than Shields IMO. Worth noting is that Babalu has never been out grappled by the many wrestlers he has faced, including stud wrestlers Sonnen, Wiuff, Whitehead, and Van Arsdale. He flat out trashed Van Arsdale (who is a very good wrestler). Babalu has always been beaten on strikes. Henderson is still a better striker IMO. But if Babalu gets it down somehow, I wouldn't be surprised by a submission there either.

I do think Bigfoot is going to whomp Kyle though, hopefully the line is not horrible.

Frank Mir isn't really that decorated in BJJ. He's known as the submission guy in MMA and he is good and all...but I don't think he is a world beater on the mat. Babalu def has good finishing skills, you are right about that.

I am checking out the records of the guys you mentioned. Sonnen is a sub magnet, Arsdale has 4 losses by sub out of 5 total losses in 13 fights. Though i am finding he competed in ADCC so that might be a good sub win. Yeah I would have to say he poses some threats to Hendo. I doubt the line will be that great for Dan anyways. He will probably open a decent favorite.
    1 unit = 300 $

To be fair, Van Arsdale was over 40 when he fought Babalu. Still, Babalu hasn't been outgrappled since Randleman and Hendo 1 way back in 2002. Doesn't mean it wont happen and I think Dan can force a standup fight anyway.

To add to that. I watched part of the Dan Henderson/ Renato Sobral fight that was posted on one of the sites I visit. Sobral looked really big in the fight, bigger than Dan. The important thing I thought of is that Renato couldn't submit Dan then. Renato started as a BJJ guy right? Dan started as a wrestler. If Dan could stop his sub's then it would stand to reason that he can now, because he has much more BJJ exp than he did then. I am sure Renato has learned some tricks since then but if he was a Black Belt then, he probably hasn't advanced as much since then as Dan has. Dans rear naked chose loss to Anderson Silva troubles me a little though. Silva just took his back pretty easily if I remember correctly.
    1 unit = 300 $

If it is a standup match Dan should be able to wade through Babalus punches fairly easily..he has a great chin and Renato doesn't hit very hard. It would make sense that he could win like that but you never know, he could try to take him down..it's so hard to know what he will try to do.
    1 unit = 300 $

Renato might not mind getting taken down either. Who knows. He must know he isn't knocking Dan out but then again, his ego can get in the way.
    1 unit = 300 $

I am assuming both Lindland and Sobral will be dogs. And I think Lindland has the better shot of the two of them. My first thought was like Scientist...Robbie is going to just straight knock him out. But then I really thought about it, and I really believe that Lindland might just drag his ass to the mat and smother him. Lindland actually has VERY good takedowns, and if he comes in shape for this fight, I think he could beat Lawlor.

I think Dan beats Sobral. i think the fight will look like the Paul Harris fight. Once again though, it depends on Dan's cardio. One would assume he would come in a bit better shape for this fight than he did the Shields fight. And it is a 3 round fight.

^^ Babalu gasses all the time too though.

Edman, Babalu actually started out as a wrestler. He was on the Brazilian National wrestling team (Brazilian wrestling is not awesome). He did not get his BB in BJJ until like 2007.

Edit, it was April 2008 when he got his bb: http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/04/12/ ... belt-pics/

I think Hackney is going to pull off the upset. He's obviously going to be coming into the bout much smaller than his opponent, but we all know that size isn't everything. I'm actually going to go out on a limb here and say that Hackney weather's an early storm, lands a few good punches, and then finishes it with a series of tiger strikes. Obviously I could be way off, but my guess is he gets it done, but takes enough damage in the fight that he is unable to advance to the next round.

For me, Hackney's good at +200 or better for a .5u play.
    I heart cock

Ah ok.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    ^^ Babalu gasses all the time too though.

Just pointing out something that could have an impact on the guy I am picking. Just another reason I would favor Dan.

I personally think both guys will come in good shape. Babalu seems to be about as serious as he has been in quite some time. I just think Dan is a bad matchup for him.