Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 126 Feb 5

Can Banuelos take Torres down. Banuelos was getting eaten alive by Jorgenson's jab. Torres like to pump the jab and is training at Tri-Star now... I have a feeling he is going to be looking to use his reach and stuff the takedowns... of course, his bjj is slick so no worries.

What do you guys think of Torres/Banuelos?

Torres just beat a very good wrestler in Valencia. Valencia only shot once though.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Torres just beat a very good wrestler in Valencia. Valencia only shot once though.
    More like Torres destroyed Valencia.

Little Charlie never had a chance.
    I heart cock

So what do you think of Banuelos' chances? I mean, he is obviously an underdog... but I see his only path to victory being via top control... but he has been close to being subbed several times in recent fights by far lesser grapplers than Torres. I just don't think he has many outs.

I bet Cerrone already. I think he is really good. He was 28 and 0 kickboxing. He won almost all his MMA fights by submission and his wrestling was good enough to beat Jamie Varner and go toe to toe with Ben Henderson( I know he got guillotined the second time). I read the Sherdog play by play and all three Sherdog Judges gave the first fight to Cerrone. He has done really well with two wrestlers. I don't think Paul has any advantages on him? I think he loses in striking/wrestling/grappling.

So what do you think of Banuelos' chances? I mean, he is obviously an underdog... but I see his only path to victory being via top control... but he has been close to being subbed several times in recent fights by far lesser grapplers than Torres. I just don't think he has many outs.
    I still think Torres is top 5 in the division and none of the other four slots belong to Banuelos. But before I go spouting off I really should watch/re-watch some of Banuelos's fights. The only one I remember is his fight with Jorgenson, and it's hazy.
    I heart cock

What do you guys think of Torres/Banuelos?
    I think he wins handily. He is the better striker, has the height and reach advantage, and when he gets put on his back he is very active and I can see him getting back up. I think Torres can sub him, I noticed the same thing you did when it comes to being almost subbed by worse grapplers then Torres. Also, I really think if Jorgensen was able to keep Banuelos at bay with that jab and outstrike him fairly easily (except round 1), Torres will be able to as well. I think Bauelos can only win by top control like everyone else thinks.

5u to win 3.2u on Mendes/Torres

I don't think I can bear to lose this bet. I feel good about both bets, and I probably should have bet them singularly... but I am ok with the decisions I have made.

I have .5 to win 1.25 on Vitor and small bets on Bader and Forrest as well.

I am in it to win it.
    Last edited by MMA_scientist; 02-01-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Why you betting on Mendes? Now I'm going to feel bad for wanting Omigawa to break his stupid fucking face.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

All my bets are made except for a possible bet on the Kingsbury/Romero fight. I gotta look at Romero's fights still. I also have Torres in a parlay with two other fighters I didn't want to bet on their own (Silva and Ellenberger). Looking back I regret not making it Mendes/Ellenberger/Torres with Silva as a single bet

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    All my bets are made except for a possible bet on the Kingsbury/Romero fight. I gotta look at Romero's fights still. I also have Torres in a parlay with two other fighters I didn't want to bet on their own (Silva and Ellenberger). Looking back I regret not making it Mendes/Ellenberger/Torres with Silva as a single bet
    I was looking at the Romero fight too, and I was going to go with Romero based on his subs and whatnot. But then I remembered his fight with Petruzelli and all that came to mind was how he got busted up pretty badly by the Silverback. If it hadn't been for Seth gassing out he probably would have finished that fight. I decided not to bet it in the end.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Scientist..how do you see Belfort winning? I think his only shot is to land "that punch". Vitor did come to grapple against Overeem..I am wondering if his game plan is to bring this down to the mat.

I would not be surprised at all if Vitor takes Anderson down a few times. Vitor has shown a lot of different strategies in the cage over his career. Take a look at his win over Yvel to see him in full-on takedown / top-control mode, but even more recently, he was using GnP a lot against strikers in Cage Rage.

That said, I'm not too optimistic for Vitor's chances here. I probably won't be betting against him though, for reasons of fandom.

I could see him mixing it up a bit. I am thinking about throwing down a unit or half unit on vitor by decision.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Scientist..how do you see Belfort winning? I think his only shot is to land "that punch". Vitor did come to grapple against Overeem..I am wondering if his game plan is to bring this down to the mat.
    I think the striking is going to be closer than people expect. Vitor will be the best and most powerful striker that Anderson has ever faced. Seeing Sonnen drop Anderson with strikes really made me start to think about Anderson's defense. He was also hit hard by Maia in round 1, and Anderson even admitted that is part of the reason he backed off of him. When he fought Cote, he really didn't want to engage with Cote either, I assume because of his power. Anderson did destroy a good striker in Franklin and servicible strikers in Leben and Forrest. But Vitor collapsed Franklin easily too. Then Vitor can also grapple, so he has that as a possible out.

I don't necessarily think he will win, but I think his chances are quite good, much better than the line indicates. Honestly, I just think Silva has checked out a little too... I think his time is drawing to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Why you betting on Mendes? Now I'm going to feel bad for wanting Omigawa to break his stupid fucking face.
    Grappler/grappler matchup but one guy has a huge edge in the takedowns and to control. I just never realized Mendes was a Hendricks/Koscheck/Couture level wrestler (all 3 guys also finished as runner-ups thier senior years). I thought he was a mid level wrestler with a stupid cockface that makes you want to punch it.

I have 3 units for .9 payout on mendes
    and .25 unit for 1.7 pauout in a parlay for mendes (-325) robertson (+250) cunningham (boxing -650) & donaire (Boxing -210)

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    I would not be surprised at all if Vitor takes Anderson down a few times. Vitor has shown a lot of different strategies in the cage over his career. Take a look at his win over Yvel to see him in full-on takedown / top-control mode, but even more recently, he was using GnP a lot against strikers in Cage Rage.

That said, I'm not too optimistic for Vitor's chances here. I probably won't be betting against him though, for reasons of fandom.
    Yeah he is training at Xtreme Couture too. Would he be going there just for striking? I think Randy is the head coach. I have this feeling Vitor wants to wrestle.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP