Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 126 Feb 5

Oh, yeah, anything could happen. I am not saying it is a good idea. Just that Shields is going to have to out wrestle him for several rounds, he doesn't have a lot of outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I didnt mean Shields was goign to KO GSP it was more anything can happen. GSP could fall and break his arm or leg, he could get caught like Fedor did my point is you should never bet more on a fight than you can recover from.

What happens if GSP losses and he losses 100 units ? How many years would that take to rebuild ?
    I would be out of commissoin for 3-4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewisemann View Post
    I would be out of commissoin for 3-4 months.
    We need to start tailing this guy!
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Yeah thats crazy but if you win I will envy you. I wouldn't put your entire bankroll on it though. That's kind of crazy. Why take it that far? If you want to do something crazy do 50 percent of it. Or maybe a little more. At least leave yourself with something if GSP loses. It's not impossible for Jake to Sub Georges. Anyone remember George trying to armbar Dan Hardy? He had him locked up and he couldn't do it. Is anyone else suprised by that? I feel like Georges has to be a good grappler but that makes me wonder. Maybe I am crazy. Either way, I think Jake is going to have a lot of difficulty getting it to the ground, especially as the rounds go on. If you make a bet that big, you should hedge it out with Jake inside the distance because that is the only way he is winning. Provided the payout is nice.

don't forget that jake could take hendo down at will. Yes hendo gassed but he is an olympic wrestler and much bigger than GSP.
    I do think that GSP should win anyway

All my funds in my Bookmaker account are tied up so I can't bet it, but I'm thinking Paul Taylor is a pretty much guaranteed to bet Gabe Ruediger. Clearly Dana likes him and is wanting to get him a win.

Taylor's tough as shit, and pretty well rounded, and I hear he got screwed on the Stout decision (I still haven't seen it).
    I heart cock

Undercard lines out:

I would have taken Mendes @ the opening line. I am going to wait this one out and see if his line drops any.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    All my funds in my Bookmaker account are tied up so I can't bet it, but I'm thinking Paul Taylor is a pretty much guaranteed to bet Gabe Ruediger. Clearly Dana likes him and is wanting to get him a win.

Taylor's tough as shit, and pretty well rounded, and I hear he got screwed on the Stout decision (I still haven't seen it).
    I'm not sure. Imo it's going to come down to how well Ruediger's ability to bring the fight to the mat is. I don't like a bet on Taylor but that's just me.

Taylor has this reputation for being shitty on the ground, but that's actually not true. He's improved a lot in that regard. I don't think getting it to the ground means an auto-win for Ruediger.
    I heart cock

Thoughts on Cerrone/Kelly?
    I heart cock

Kenny Robertson could upset Pierce. It is a wrestler/wrestler matchup... with Robertson probably being a slightly better wrestler. He supposedly has heavy hands too.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Thoughts on Cerrone/Kelly?
    Cerrone should win, but I wouldn't bet him at that line. He should be able to use his reach to beat Kelly. Kelly has some pretty good submission defense though, so if he can manage a couple takedowns, he could make it a fight.

I have been waiting for the mendes line for weeks. IMO mendes is almost a lock. the line moved fast too.
    Still a lot of value even at -320. Gotta wait till the odds gets out on 5dimes and sportbet.

Quote Originally Posted by trotterz View Post
    I have been waiting for the mendes line for weeks. IMO mendes is almost a lock. the line moved fast too.
    Still a lot of value even at -320. Gotta wait till the odds gets out on 5dimes and sportbet.
    He is -350 on 5dimes

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain View Post
    We need to start tailing this guy!
    He said out of commission 3-4 months meaning he wouldnt be betting for 3-4 months because he's broke ,he didnt say it would only take 3-4 months to make 100 units
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Back to the GSP topic real quick, now is the time to go kamikaze. He is at -460 and I doubt it gets any lower then that

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Thanks for the link. Extremely close fight.

I think Taylor probably landed more shots overall and caught Stout several times on the counter, but Stout seemed to be landing the harder shots, was the aggressor, and got the only takedown in the fight.

I won't argue with the decision.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    He said out of commission 3-4 months meaning he wouldnt be betting for 3-4 months because he's broke ,he didnt say it would only take 3-4 months to make 100 units
    It was a joke. I know what he meant but the possibility was open to take it the other way.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

That sucks. I didn't think that many people used channelsurfing. Let the whack a mole continue.

All this time I have been watching Mendes, I did not realize he was an NCAA runner up. I remember his match in the NCAA finals with Jaggers specifically, because Jaggers was like a #8 seed. I cannot believe I did realize this. I thought he was like a mid level DII guy, I didn't realize he was a NCAA finalist level wrestler. That changes a lot for me. I think he is going to smother Omigawa now.

Omigawa has been doing better lately, and probably won't suffer the UFC jitters since he has actually been in the UFC before. Omigawa did get a wrestler in LC Davis down... but LC was an NAIA wrestler, and LC was trying to stand. Mendes will have no problem getting the takedown. Mendes' submission defense is up to par, he stayed on the ground with Vasquez and was never threatened (although Javier basically screwed himself by playing rg the whole fight, IMO).

Omigawa is a fine fighter, he has better striking and subs than Mendes, but I don't see a way that he stops Mendes from blanketing him. FTR, I can't stand Mendes.

Really considering a bet on Mendes now.