The Ultimate Fighter season 2 alum and current UFC middleweight fighter Nate "The Rock" Quarry has been enjoying his down time since suffering a March TKO loss to Jorge Rivera that left him with 13 screws and titanium mesh holding his face together. So much has he been enjoying his time off that he is actually contemplating hanging up his MMA gloves for good. Quarry confided to Ariel Helwani during a recent appearance on MMAFighting.com's The MMA Hour that he thinks his time may be up in the sport he loves but that he hasn't closed the door on a return yet.
"We'll see," Quarry said of whether he will fight again or not. "It's kind of nice, actually, taking this time off, waking up in the morning knowing that I don't necessarily have to get punched today and I've got so many other incredible opportunities going on, so we'll see where my career takes me. I've been fighting for 12 years, training for 14. So 12 years, that's a lot. I started with absolutely nothing, I'm literally living the American Dream. I saw the UFC on TV when I was 24, opened up the phone book, found a gym and started training. I didn't have any wrestling experience ... I was the guy sitting on the couch watching the fights, got up, went out, joined a gym. If I can do it, anybody can because I had no athletic ability from day one. Just willing to take my beating and continue moving forward."

Quarry listed with excitement his Zombie Cagefighter project (a character concept which he hopes to option as a movie, cartoons series, graphic novel, and clothing line) as a large outlet for his creative energy that could be more fulfilling for him now than fighting. "The Rock" holds an overall record of 12-4, with a UFC record of 7-3. His losses have come against Gustavo Machado, Rich Franklin, Demian Maia and Jorge Rivera. He holds notable wins over Pete Sell (twice), Drew McFedries, Tim Credeur, Jason MacDonald, and Shonie Carter.
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2010/1102/533480/